A Christmas Carol (2010)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jameshawking View Post
    At that point the entire universe was in shambles and falling apart anyway. Honestly the entire thing was screwy, so they simply may have been eating everything else.

The entire universe itself was coming apart from things within that universe. I'll just stick with "it was erasing itself anyway"

Yeah but older Sardik touching younger Sardik should have caused chaos.... The universe isn't in shambles this time. Unless the reapers are all destroyed now.
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
      Yeah but older Sardik touching younger Sardik should have caused chaos.... The universe isn't in shambles this time. Unless the reapers are all destroyed now.
      In Fathers Day that wasn't what caused the reapers to arrive in the first place. It only made them stronger. What made them show up was the original problem was Rose saving her dad. This would indicate that multiple paradoxes are required.

You're also forgetting that though the Doctor recognised the Reapers, he seemed shocked they were there. Therefore you can imagine that they don't arrive every single time there's a paradox. Just occasionally.

There's also the possibilitiy that the Doctor can use some jiggery pokery with his TARDIS to ensure they don't show up. Certainly in his shiny new one. Afterall the 11th Doctor seems not to be bothered by paradoxes. In fact in this episode he went out of the way to create one.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I was wondering why if the old guy was such a good businessman why he didnt try to make money out of the ship. He could of held it to ransom!
        Last edited by GodAtum; 28 December 2010, 12:31 PM. Reason: spelling
        "You don't know half of it".
        Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
        (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

Originally posted by GodAtum View Post
          Y was wondering why if the old guy was such a good businessman why he didnt try to make money out of the ship. he could of held it to ranson!
          Actually that's an insanely good point.

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
            Actually that's an insanely good point.

Ditto. Didn't notice that the first time around but yeah I agree.

BTW I LOVE THE KATHERINE JENKINS SONG....... HOPE IT GETS PUT ON A CD SOMEWHERE.

Comment

i guess he was tired of life and he had enough money, so there was no reason to make a buisness out of it, plus i think it was more thrilling for him to let the ship crash...

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                Why was Amy and rory wearing past season clothing? I didn't understand that
                Aww, that's so adorable.

Ditto. Didn't notice that the first time around but yeah I agree.

BTW I LOVE THE KATHERINE JENKINS SONG....... HOPE IT GETS PUT ON A CD SOMEWHERE.
                This Christmas Special is getting it's own soundtrack, mainly due to wanting to capitalise on her vocals.

sigpic

Comment

I thought this was one of the most well done and subtly crafted episodes I've seen in a while. I enjoyed the subtle twisting of "A Christmas Carol", especially how they worked the Christmas Future, it was a very surprising twist that I certainly didn't see coming! Michael Gambon appeared to be having great fun in his role
                  For those criticising Katherine Jenkins, this was her first major ventures into acting, and frankly I'm impressed. She played her part very convincingly and successfully. There are certainly worse professional actors out there!

Also, I want a pet Fog Fish! They look so adorable!
                  If found, is probably lost on the way to Azaroth or the Pegasus Galaxy
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Draygon View Post
                    I thought this was one of the most well done and subtly crafted episodes I've seen in a while. I enjoyed the subtle twisting of "A Christmas Carol", especially how they worked the Christmas Future, it was a very surprising twist that I certainly didn't see coming! Michael Gambon appeared to be having great fun in his role
                    Agreed. I thought this was a truly fantastic episode. Gambon was fantastic, and very nearly stole every scene from Matt Smith, which in my book is saying something. His lines were well written and delivered impeccably. Throughout the episode, I thought the humour was excellent but never felt overdone ("Marilyn, get your coat!") and the concepts were brilliant (fog-fish? controllable clouds? frozen people as security?). Moffat handles time travel so well it's amazing. While I thought Amy and Rory were a little under used, they were still great and Darvill finally got a much deserved title credit! Best of all, Matt Smith seems more comfortable than ever in the role of the Doctor.

For those criticising Katherine Jenkins, this was her first major ventures into acting, and frankly I'm impressed. She played her part very convincingly and successfully. There are certainly worse professional actors out there!

Also, I want a pet Fog Fish! They look so adorable!
                    What, even the big coloured ones? Still chuckling at "Fine! Focus on the negatives!". Matt Smith has fantastic comic timing and delivery.
                    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                      Aww, that's so adorable.

ls.
                      well sorry next time i'll make sure i'm wide awake before watching a ep
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                        What, even the big coloured ones? Still chuckling at "Fine! Focus on the negatives!". Matt Smith has fantastic comic timing and delivery.
                        Yes, even a big coloured one! *wonders if she could fit a Fog-shark in her bedroom.....*
                        If found, is probably lost on the way to Azaroth or the Pegasus Galaxy
                        sigpic

Comment

AGAIN I LOVE THE KATHERINE JENKINS SONG. And highly reccommend you get her CDs she's fantastic.

Did anyone notice they fit the words "silence will fall" into that song?

Comment

yes, but only us two it seems lol.

Comment

Yes, but didn't catch it the first time I watched it.

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
                                Didn't notice that, did like when Sardik refereed to the people in the vaults as "Surplus Population" wonder how many other Christmas Carol references were in there that I didn't get...

Did anyone else think the sound mix was a bit off here, a lot of the Doctor's funniest lines I only just caught and then I had to repeat them back to the family because they didn't hear it and just got my laughter. The one I remember best was the one about either kissing the girl or going back to your room to invent a new type of screwdriver: "learn from my mistake".

Yes the sound was a bit all over the place and very toned down. You couldn't hear Matt speaking much at all sometimes and I had to turn my TV up when I watched it again just to catch his lines.

Oh and listened to that wonderful song again and I think we (including me) are hearing things. She never sings "silence will fall" but sings "when you are alone silence surrounds you" I don't know how we all got this idea that "silence will fall" is in the song lyrics... Though it would have been cool if it was....

Comment

Working...
                                X