I Have Found a Mistake in Aftermath... or Have I? - SAME Planet as Eden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Have Found a Mistake in Aftermath... or Have I? - SAME Planet as Eden

I'm not sure if I was meant to notice this or if it has something to do with the storyline, but compare the shots from "Faith" and "Aftermath" when the shuttle is entering the atmosphere, they are the exact same shots. Budget cuts or has Destiny gone back somehow... or has the planet moved somehow!?

These are roughly where you'll find the shots:

Faith - 7:13
    Aftermath - 15:26

Let me know what you think.
    SyFy: "Are you SGU fans done asking for a third season?"
    SGU Fans: "WE'LL NEVER BE DONE!"

SAVE SGU! SGU CAMPAIGNS ARE UNITING AT SG:UNITE!
    ACTION PLAN TO GET SGU SEASON 3!

I have gotten 15 people hooked on SGU. How many more can you get? ‎
    Spoiler:
    *beep*
    Young: "What the hell was that?"
    Eli: "It's Destiny letting us know it finished assembling the simulation. Either that or pi is done."

I havent looked, but i wouldnt call that a mistake, reuse of footage is a good way to save a few bucks on a costly cgi scene.

Comment

i've found a mistake in every single SG1 and SGA episode ever. the establishing shots and the Prometheus/Deadalus in hyperspace shots are all the same.

in fact, in Atlantis there are two identical battles. the battle of "Lost Boys/The Hive" has scenes reused in The Last Man (camera rotating 90 degrees downwards to show the Deadalus/Phoenix moving in, railguns blazing, then rotating back to show the two hive's it firing at)

then the two hives from Lost Boys/The Hive blowing eachother up was reused as todd's hives destroying eachother.

so... yea

also Eden = Kobol.

Comment

Most shots where Destiny is seen entering or exiting FTL are the same. Most gate opening shots in SG-1 are taken from the first season, you can even see storage boxes in those shots.

Comment

Imagine the aftermath from finding this

Comment

I always laugh during SG1 eps when the base is going into lock down, as they use a lot of the same shots--the most notable being the one where the guys run through a large door as it's closing.

I imagine this really saves time and money. (Not to mention helps fans come up with stuff for drinking games... milk or water of course. Hehe.)
            sigpic

See ya at the con, baby! (L.A. '11) (L.A. '10) (L.A. '09) (Burbank '08) (Burbank '07)

Comment

Yeah, probably just to save a couple of bucks, that crash scene was amazing in Aftermath, so I can only imagine the costs of that.

Originally posted by Brian N View Post
              Most shots where Destiny is seen entering or exiting FTL are the same. Most gate opening shots in SG-1 are taken from the first season, you can even see storage boxes in those shots.
              Hmm, are they? Well, if they are, they always add in a new shot every so often, which I love.

Originally posted by hart37 View Post
              Imagine the aftermath from finding this
              I see what you did there
              SyFy: "Are you SGU fans done asking for a third season?"
              SGU Fans: "WE'LL NEVER BE DONE!"

SAVE SGU! SGU CAMPAIGNS ARE UNITING AT SG:UNITE!
              ACTION PLAN TO GET SGU SEASON 3!

I have gotten 15 people hooked on SGU. How many more can you get? ‎
              Spoiler:
              *beep*
              Young: "What the hell was that?"
              Eli: "It's Destiny letting us know it finished assembling the simulation. Either that or pi is done."

Comment

Working...
              X