This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alz0rz
    Well, wouldn't it be reasonable to assume that if Atlantis was the Ancient's greatest city... it would be in the last galaxy that they colonized, this being Pegasus. I highly doubt that if Rob does come up with a theory to use the 9th chevron for .. I personally dont think it would be for another distance calculation - I mean, even though its not mentioned directly, do people really believe the Ancients colonized a galaxy farther away than Pegasus and that a 9th chevron would be needed to reach it? ... I doubt it! but you never know

IMO, it's there for future upgradability We know for a fact (well almost) that it's not for time travel - the only other logical thing I would say is to access a alternate reality. Maybe they wanted a easier way to access a alternate reality rather than the quantum mirror we found (IF it was Ancient origin, which was never specified)

Question: Which is farther Ida or Pegasus?

Thats my two cents for green
    I don't feel it necessarily follows that Pegasus was the last Galaxy they colonized. They may have just liked that one. Maybe they just felt that they wouldn't be bothered much there. It's really hard to say.

Which is further, Ida or Pegasus... hard to say. There's no Galaxy that we on Earth refer to as Ida (or Othalla... New Order kind of messed that one up)... and we don't know which Pegasus Galaxy Atlantis is actually in. All we know is that it's a Dwarf Galaxy, in the Local Group, visible in the constellation Pegasus. There are 2 that fit that bill: The Pegasus Dwarf Irregular, and the Pegasus Dwarf Spheroidal.

-IMF
    "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
    "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
    BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

I know what it does!

But if I told you that, it would ruin the plot of Stargate: Ninth Chevron
      May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

maybe for timetravel or interdimensional gate travel.

or just to make it look better.
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

How would the 9th chevron take you into a different reality? Would it be like when Daniel was in the alternate reality and he did not exist. All he did was touch what looked like a stargate horizon, could that be how the other chevron would work, if it truly is a quicker way to get to an alternate reality?

Comment

I don't understand why people think it leads to time travel. If you go into the gate with 9 chevrons activated and you stepepd through, you would not only be flung through space, but you would appear at your destination in 1/Billions upon Billions of timelines. It leads room for waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much error. You need a starting time point and an ending one, and you don't have that with a chevron. Time-travel chevron is a very very very flawed theory.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
            [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Time travel = bad.

In a nutshell, just about any movie or show that had the time travel element in it made it appear that time travel was bad, or at least the consequences of screwing up the past just about obliterated your existence in the future. Although time travel could certainly be worked into the Stargate universe, it goes to show that the fact that it hasn't been speaks volumes.

Comment

Working...
              X