X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Five Steps that Could get SGU Renewed

I've thought of a five stage action plan to get sgu renewed:

1. Contact MGM, post on their Facebook wall that you want sgu renewed.

2. Buy any SGU merch such as blurays to prove that you want SGU, this is what saved Family Guy.

3. Contact SPACE, Showtime and any other channels you like and tell them you want SGU. The more emails ONE station receives, the more likely they'll pay attention, that's why I'm suggesting we contact SPACE and Showtime, as they're likley to listen about Stargate, whether you have access to their channels or not.

4. We MUST contact SyFy and share our disappointment in not only the cancelation of SGU, but the way the channel is being run.

5. Spread the word. Twitter, Facebook, blogs get people to join SGU support pages & petitions.
    SyFy: "Are you SGU fans done asking for a third season?"
    SGU Fans: "WE'LL NEVER BE DONE!"

SAVE SGU! SGU CAMPAIGNS ARE UNITING AT SG:UNITE!
    ACTION PLAN TO GET SGU SEASON 3!

I have gotten 15 people hooked on SGU. How many more can you get? ‎
    Spoiler:
    *beep*
    Young: "What the hell was that?"
    Eli: "It's Destiny letting us know it finished assembling the simulation. Either that or pi is done."

1. They already know we want it renewed.

2. DVD sales and the like don't help Syfy, and thus have no bearing on their renewal decision.

3. They already know we want it renewed.

4. It's money that counts. Until people start cancelling their subscription, or at least threatening to, they won't listen. And that means written letters, not E-mails.

5. See above.

Comment

^They may already know but have you ever heard the term "squeaky wheel gets the grease"? We have push and continue to push for a renewal or a miniseries/tv movie conclusion. Why are people so quick to try and put down any Save SGU campaigns? Do you people work for Syfy or something and don't want to deal with all the letters and emails?

Comment

By the time a show is canceled, it's too late for any type of posturing. SGU could have been saved if people, lots of them, had watched. The only thing, IMO, that might help is if the ratings for the last 10 go through the roof.

Last spring, Craig Engler from SyFy wrote a column about saving canceled shows. I'll try and find the link, but basically, once it's gone, it's really gone and all the letters, petitions in the world aren't going to help.

Comment

Originally posted by Mozzza View Post
          1. Contact MGM, post on their Facebook wall that you want sgu renewed.
          Originally posted by KEK View Post
          MGM wants it renewed, too. They are selling it.
          Syfy just doesn't want to pay their price.

2. DVD sales and the like don't help Syfy, and thus have no bearing on their renewal decision.
          Not true.
          If MGM makes more money by selling DVDs they can sell SGU to Syfy for less money.
          MGM just needs to make a profit to warrant the expenses and risks and they will produce it for sure.

Comment

3. They already know we want it renewed.

4. It's money that counts. Until people start cancelling their subscription, or at least threatening to, they won't listen. And that means written letters, not E-mails.

5. See above.
            1. Will show MGM what kind of fan following the show has and just how many fans are willing to support it. They then may be more willing to look into other options for SGU to continue or pursue the creation of an SGU movie.

2. Since Syfy have already made their renewal decision we don't care if DVD sales don't help them. Buying the DVD's will give revenue to MGM and like point 1 will show the kind of fan following the show has.

3. Like points 1 & 2 it will show the kind of following the show has and if other networks see this they may be more willing to look into it.

4. Agreed

5. See above.

Comment

The show is done. They did not even enter into negotiations with MGM to even consider keeping it. Sorry, but like SG-1 and SGA won't be back.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                The show is done. They did not even enter into negotiations with MGM to even consider keeping it. Sorry, but like SG-1 and SGA won't be back.
                Difference is that MGM may still want it to continue and look into more options since they don't have anything replacing it this time round. MGM have not announced the cancellation yet and are going to have a meeting about it this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanith0709 View Post
                  Difference is that MGM may still want it to continue and look into more options since they don't have anything replacing it this time round. MGM have not announced the cancellation yet and are going to have a meeting about it this week.
                  They are going to meet, and likely greenlight the SG-1 and SGA movies, which were the more successful shows of the franchise.

Remember, MGM is re-organizing and will see the profit sheets and whatnot.
                  sigpic

Comment

Nothing wrong with people trying. I, for one, would like Universe to continue. It probably won't, but I say let people try.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                      Nothing wrong with people trying. I, for one, would like Universe to continue. It probably won't, but I say let people try.
                      I think this is entirely the right attitude. No point in giving up as that sends out entirely the wrong message. For all we know they'll go into that meeting and decide to hold off on more Stargate till the company is in better shape to relaunch it. Then we're all in trouble - MGM owns the rights to several properties that would likely fare better as a reboot - if Stargate goes on hiatus then only a fool would see it as a positive sign for its future.

Comment

If we could all get together and pick a network and bombard them with requests to pick up SGU, I would hand-write a letter and could get a couple others to do so as well.

Comment

My advice to those trying to mount some sort of campaign is wait for Joseph Mallozzi to get back from his vacation and ask on his blog what the options are if any, that way you'll know best where to focus your efforts.

I personally don't think anything will help but I'm sure JM will let fans know if there is.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian_Jackson View Post
                            If we could all get together and pick a network and bombard them with requests to pick up SGU, I would hand-write a letter and could get a couple others to do so as well.
                            Finally have reason to create this account, wish it were for better reasons, but I am hoping that space will pick it up. Plus some form of online distribution would only benefit them, live views wouldn't matter as pre-rolled ads will continually generate ad revenue with every view.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                              They are going to meet, and likely greenlight the SG-1 and SGA movies
                              Oh please, according to what? Those movies have long since been scrapped, the actors know it, the fans know it. EVERYONE knows it. People need to get over the fact that SG-1 is not coming back, Atlantis is not coming back. If you want SG-1 back the only thing you're going to get is a reboot or an old folks home. Let it go.

Basically what you have posted in this thread is exactly what shouldn't be here. This is a thread to raise and rally support and try a last ditch effort in showing the people involved that the show should continue. Yet here you sit saying don't bother, because you don't want it. Please leave the thread to the people who want to help out with this cause and try to do something about something they have a passion for...instead of telling them not to.

Personally I will be contacting anyone and everyone I can voicing encouragement towards continuing the show. If it means nothing oh well, at least we tried.
                              Last edited by Brian; 19 December 2010, 05:59 PM.
                              sigpic
                              Originally posted by dacooker
                              The ships named Destiny for a reason....three years my friend, three years....

Comment

Working...
                              X