X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's always one...

Comment

+1

Hopefully in the years to come, the fandom at large will remember SGU for all of the unrealised potential it had, rather than thinking of it as the red-headed ******* step child of the franchise.

Comment

Might just add my thanks as well.

SGU, I thank you for restoring my faith at Stargate. Thank you for the great setting, the deep characters, the amazing special effects, the superb acting and the captivating storyline. Thanks for episodes like "Time" that really blew my socks off. Thanks for introducing me to new actors to keep in mind. Thanks for trying new things.

Last but not least, thanks for the sex and the (mild) nudity, it was great to finally see some of this on a Stargate show.
        In the darkness of night we hear the whispers of the void

Comment

I just joined Twitter so I could tweet to the actors my thanks for such a quality show
          I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Thank for being in my opinion the most inteligent of all the Stargate series
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

This is a THANK YOU thread....not a place for backhanded insults or snark attacks....we already have threads for that, so go and take your swipes there and leave this to those that honestly and sincerely want to thank members of the cast and crew....basically, if ya got nothing nice to say, say nothing at all
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

/agreed /seconded /signed
                Thanks for the fun times SGU!
                "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Here, Here. I was a bit critical when SGU first aired but I stuck with it and it became my favorite Stargate series and ya know what even the first half S1 was better when I re-watched it. I guess I went into the show expecting it to be like SG-1 and SGA and that skewed my perspective. Thanks to everyone who acted and were responsible for SGU and PLEASE if there's anyway to bring it to another station or give us a TV movie to conclude the story I would be very greatfull.

Comment

Destiny ... I wanna be in YOU!

Comment

I'll thank BW and RCC for taking the risk and doing something different. The risk may have bitten them in the butt, but It was well worth it imo. SGU is a great show and I'm sure in a few years it will be talked about with Firefly and Arrested Development, etc as one of the best shows that were cancelled too soon.

Perfecto!

Comment

Thank you SGU for being a breath of fresh air to the Stargate franchise. I can only hope that this is not the end of all shows like you in the future.

Comment

I'm still too upset to be thankful, but...

I agree. SGU was a well done show and I've really enjoyed it.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                            With everything that's happened, I wanted a place to offer my heartfelt thanks for a show that I thoroughly enjoyed, for every episode it's been on.

Stargate Universe is the first show where I've had the unique opportunity to thank the people responsible for entertaining me, where there was a chance that the people involved could see my letter, without having to go through an agent or a mailbag, etc. (Thank you, Interwebs!)

From moment one, I've watched every episode, mostly from the edge of my seat and this has been some of the best TV I've seen in a long time.

I wanted to say how much I've appreciated not only the entertainment, but for all the extra goodies. From the stunning visuals, to the Kinos and set tours, to back stage extras that let us see what's going on. I also loved that with this show, like none other that I've been a fan of, there has been a sense of connection with The Powers That Be, whether that's at GateWorld, on Twitter and Facebook, various campaigns, or Joe Mallozzi's blog.

This show made me think of bigger things and brought a true sense of wonder, not only for the message but for the simple journey itself. Even if it's only two seasons, I'm cherishing those discs.

Thank you, sincerely,

Elaine G
                            Very well said Elaine. Thank you to the cast and crew for a complex group of characters and an intriguing plot. The show kept me interested all the way from the beginning. I'll be watching the show all the way to "Gauntlet" and hopefully there will be some kind of resolution to the story in the future.

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                            I'm going to second that.

SGU stands as being one of the greatest Sci Fi shows I have ever seen. It's quality on every level.

Good going TPTB, for making the brave decision to not just settling for repeating yourself for years to come.
                            Indeed. Thanks to everyone involved with SGU for making it daring to strike in a direction that was distinctly different from what came before. With its arc-based writing, it was following in the footsteps of Babylon 5 and Deep Space 9, my all-time favorite sci-fi shows.
                            sigpic

Comment

Thank you Stargate Universe for bringing us to Destiny, now my favourite ship of all time. Thank you to the cast, crew, writers, and everyone for daring to tread into the unknown. And for me, THAT is the true heart of SCI-FI.

Comment

Thank you for the greatest show that could have been. The fresh cast was great and was hooked on them faster then McKay, and I am a huge fan of McKay. This show will always stand out on my shelf of Blu-rays and will be watched many times, even though this season is gonna be a punch in the face when we see Gauntlet. Thank you to the creators as well, hope your next project will be as good if not better, and will be able to flourish and tell the whole story.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X