Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just want to say a big thank you to all the people that made SGU possible, its such a well written show and seemed closer to the original SG Movie than anything (and thats a good thing), Once again thank you for the 2 great years of tv where SGU was the only new show I watched.
    LIKES: Half-Life, Half-Life 2, ST: DS-9, ST: TNG, Eric Clapton, GTA 4, SGU, MW + MW2, Red Dead Redemption,
    Scarlett Johansson, Father Ted, The Portal Series, The Assassin's Creed Series, Trailer Park Boys.

DISLIKES: Reality T.V Shows and so called reality t.v stars, people who don't wear seatbelts,
    99.999% of new Music out now, 80% of new Movies out now.

Last Game Completed: Portal 2

Last Movie Watched For The First Time: Dumbo (1941)

Comment

Originally posted by SpinningChevron View Post
      I just want to say a big thank you to all the people that made SGU possible, its such a well written show and seemed closer to the original SG Movie than anything (and thats a good thing), Once again thank you for the 2 great years of tv where SGU was the only new show I watched.
      I have to agree. Thanks to SGU (and Fringe) I had a weekly show to look forward every week. Now that SGU is gone (and Fringe will follow soon) that seems to be over and TV will be boring again. If SGU doesn't get a proper ending I think I'll just think about a movie like ending where Young walkes trough the gate while looking back at Rush who's staying on destiny. Great series, great cast. Was my favorite series and will be missed.

Comment

I want to thank this show for opening my mind and makeing me think about whats out there.
        Last great exploration SF of this decade...

Comment

With all the negative nellies coming over to post on the SGU boards these days, this thread deserves to be on the first page.

Thank you, SGU, for giving me one show on TV that I actually looked forward to each week!
          sigpic
          Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Heck imo it deserves to be a sticky!

Comment

one word: Thanks!

Comment

A big "thank-you" to the mods for making this a sticky - a thread of thankfulness sets a nice tone, and reminds us that we are lucky to have TV shows that we really, really love.
                sigpic
                Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Awesome thread!

I'll add my thanks. I've been continuously impressed with SGU in a multitude of ways: the acting, the on-going story arc, the character development, the music, the special effects... SGU is truly a testament to the hard work of so many people. Cast, crew, writers, producers... whoever designed Destiny deserves particular thanks. I'm not generally a viewer who's enjoyment is determined by the special effects and graphics, but I've been blown away by the work of the artists who made this show look so visually stunning.

The actors also deserve a second dose of thanks for putting up with so much from the franchise (and its fans). Coming in to a pre-existing franchise like this was a difficult task for all of them, and I admire they way they handled the situation. They went out and gave the show their full effort and attention, and delivered some wonderful performances.

Oh, and particular thanks to Alaina Huffman, for proving all my preconceptions wrong and giving me a Stargate leading lady who I actually love and can relate to. Kudos for making her character flawed, compassionate, sympathetic, and realistic, even when faced with a very difficult storyline. Tamara Johansen has earned a place in my list of favorite female characters.

To all the cast and crew, thanks for your hard work! Stargate Universe will be missed.
                  Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
                  Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

Thanks for the sticky!
                    sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Thanks also to all the actors from previous Stargate series who made appearances on the show to help get it off the ground.

Comment

Thanks for daring to take a leap of faith and produce a pretty good product. If this is good-bye so be it but here's hoping that it is merely a 'see you later.'

Comment

Great thread idea.

I'd like to say thanks to the whole team for making two seasons of thoughtful and intelligent sci fi (a rarity these days).

Thanks for making a series that showed us the beauty & wonder of the universe but didn't forget the terrible dangers and hardships of living in the hostile environment of deep space.

Special thanks to all the writers and actors (special mention for RC and LF) who have done a superb job - it has been a real treat getting to know this crew because they felt like real people, humans with good and bad points rather than romanticised heroes or moustache twirling villains. For me this made the hardships and losses they suffered that much sadder and any triumphs that much sweeter.

I think that SGU will be remembered along with Firefly as a Sci Fi show that was just better than TV deserved. At least we got 2 years of real quality.

Comment

thank you robert cooper and sgu cast.
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                              thank you robert cooper and sgu cast.
                              No love for BW?
                              sigpic

Comment

Thank you, SGU. Without you, I would never have discovered the hotness of various female actresses (Alaina, Elyse, Julie, Kathleen, Ming Na et cetera), <snip> and, of course, giving me forty-odd minutes a week of good ol' escapism.
                                Last edited by Skydiver; 31 December 2010, 11:01 AM.
                                ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Working...
                                X