Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great post Elaine, and a great idea for us all to share the things that we all enjoyed about this great chapter in the life of an outstanding franchise that has entertained me from 1998!

Thank you Stargate Universe for bringing us that wonderful ship, the Destiny, with all the wonderful attention to little details. Thank you for giving me one of the most spectacular visual moments in Stargate as the Destiny glides through the sun to recharge its power.

Thank you to the great cast who gave us some wonderful characters that I enjoyed getting to know gradually. Thank you for all those poignant moments, (Riley's death has got to be the moment that got me the most, I will never forget that scene!) also moments of frustration, fear and anger, and not forgetting the humour that Stargate does so well, weaved through tragedy and triumph. This show took its time to develop what could have continued developing into something outstanding, such I believe was the potential, such was the magic this brave change of direction gave us.

I would have liked to see the end result of this brave endeavour, but as it's not to be I will always be happy with what we did get. Thank you Stargate Universe.

Comment

Thanks for Chloe, James' inability to find a shirt in her size, TJ's smouldering stare and then the late runner in Ginn who just rocked.
      sigpic

Comment

Let me add my sincere thanks as well... And though we won't be able to see what you all intended from the get go, to be the swan song for this series, we will at least cherish the memories we had of 2 seasons of great work..

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
          With everything that's happened, I wanted a place to offer my heartfelt thanks for a show that I thoroughly enjoyed, for every episode it's been on.

Stargate Universe is the first show where I've had the unique opportunity to thank the people responsible for entertaining me, where there was a chance that the people involved could see my letter, without having to go through an agent or a mailbag, etc. (Thank you, Interwebs!)

From moment one, I've watched every episode, mostly from the edge of my seat and this has been some of the best TV I've seen in a long time.

I wanted to say how much I've appreciated not only the entertainment, but for all the extra goodies. From the stunning visuals, to the Kinos and set tours, to back stage extras that let us see what's going on. I also loved that with this show, like none other that I've been a fan of, there has been a sense of connection with The Powers That Be, whether that's at GateWorld, on Twitter and Facebook, various campaigns, or Joe Mallozzi's blog.

This show made me think of bigger things and brought a true sense of wonder, not only for the message but for the simple journey itself. Even if it's only two seasons, I'm cherishing those discs.

Thank you, sincerely,

Elaine G
          Awwww..man.

I swore I wouldn't tear up.

I would have accepted three years of SGU. Two years seems so ... wrong. Like a coulda woulda shoulda been.

Still...

It renewed my love in the Gateverse.

Will be missed.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
            Good going TPTB, for making the brave decision to not just settling for repeating yourself for years to come.
            Yeah good going, never to be heard from again. I would have settled for the repeating

Comment

Totally agree, it might not be over though, you never know
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                With everything that's happened, I wanted a place to offer my heartfelt thanks for a show that I thoroughly enjoyed, for every episode it's been on.
                Perfectly stated!

Let me add my thanks as well - I've enjoyed SGU more than any other show I can think of, and have a great respect and admiration for all of the cast, crew and staff involved.

Thank you so very much!
                sigpic
                Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Thank you for bringing the sense of wonder back to science fiction on TV. For letting us experience the vast distances of space, the power of stars, the gravitational pull of gas giants, the terror of binary pulsars, the adventure of diverse planets, the mystery of alien beings, and the contemplation of the very fabric of the universe. And thank you for the realistic, well written, scripted and acted characters that made it all the more believable.
                  I love SGU and I even like the other two SGU prequel shows

Comment

Thank SGU, with you the franchise matured into one of the best Scifi show's ever made. Thanks to the cast and crew for connecting to us fans like never before. I hold onto hope that we will see Destiny's mission come to an end some way.
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks and commiserations to all involved in SGU. Decent science fiction these days is about as rare as rocking horse poop and you managed to deliver 2 seasons of excellent science fiction. I sincerely hope that MGM see the potential in SGU and decide to go down the route of movies.
                      Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

I LOVE this thread! Thanks Elaine for starting it.

I agree with everything everyone here said, but especially this:

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                        I'll thank BW and RCC for taking the risk and doing something different. The risk may have bitten them in the butt, but It was well worth it imo. SGU is a great show and I'm sure in a few years it will be talked about with Firefly and Arrested Development, etc as one of the best shows that were cancelled too soon.
                        My thanks go to the wonderful crew that worked so hard to make the show as good as it is.

To the awesome cast, that blew my away with their acting. Before SGU, when I thought about outstanding acting moments in Stargate my first thought was of RDA in Abyss, MS in Legacy, AT in New Order, CJ in Redemption and DH in The Shrine. Now my list expanded to LF in T&E, JWS in Visitation (or, you know, everything), AH in Visitation...oh, who am I kidding? Now my list has almost every SGU actor on it I certainly hope that despite cancellation some awards are headed the actors' way.

To TPTB, especially BW and RCC for being brave enough to try something new, even if it's causing them grief right now. It takes big men to realise that you've grown stale and need to change, to leave your comfort zone. I applaud them for that.

To the rest of the writers. The new ones I thank for new and inspiring stories, such as my all-time favourites Faith and Visitation. To the old ones, for bringing back my faith in them, making me realise that they are still capable of good writing. I won't forget that feeling I had watching Air III, when I realised that for the first time in years I was excited about SG show again. That watching it wasn't a chore, but true pleasure.

To the directors and everybody else who made that show into what it was - my heartfelt thanks.

Last, but not least, to my fellow fans who enriched the experience of watching SGU so much and reinvigorated this fandom in the same way that the show reinvigorated the franchise.

THANK YOU ALL
                        There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                        sigpic
                        awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Originally posted by Petra View Post
                          To TPTB, especially BW and RCC for being brave enough to try something new, even if it's causing them grief right now. It takes big men to realise that you've grown stale and need to change, to leave your comfort zone. I applaud them for that.
                          Co-signed. It's always the hardest to break away from what's expected and do something different. SGU wasn't as succesul as we might have hoped, but it was what you wanted to do and that means more than any live+7 numbers. My hat is off to you gentleman.

Also, thank you SGU for introducing me to JWS who is a phenomenal young actor that I can't wait to see more from!
                          Last edited by Ashizuri; 20 December 2010, 12:00 PM.
                          Originally posted by Callista
                          Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
                          Originally posted by HPMom
                          She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

I to am thankful for the wonder that was SGA. Life is just not fair sometimes, but even though it was only 2 seasons, they were the best 2 stargate seasons ever. Thanks for the great stories, great acting, great visual effects and great intelligence. I will miss you very much, but hope to see you resolve it all in a movie. To the PTB congratulations on having the vision and the guts to put on such a show.

Comment

Originally posted by Selene1212 View Post
                              Great post & I agree with everything you said. I would've never watched anything "Stargate" without SGU. I thank them for bringing me to this wonderful franchise and bringing me great entertainment for 2 seasons!
                              Same goes for me. Without SGU, I would've never considered watching SG-1 or SGA.

I am currently watching season one and just fell in love with the "extras" on the dvd. The cast interaction was fabulous to see. Louis Ferreira is hilarious!

Comment

Thanks for starting this thread!

I too, would like to thank the cast and crew for making a quality piece of television, the likes of which I don't think I'll see again for a while. SGU was the only show that I've watched live in over four years. It made my Tuesdays a little brighter this fall and although I'm sad about it ending, I'm still excited about the last 10 episodes yet to come. SGU is also the first show who's episodes I've seen repeatedly. Normally, the first viewing I'm watching the clock hoping that it would slow down so I could get a few more minutes of programming. Lets hope that somewhere down the road there will be another Stargate to look forward to, but until then, thanks for SGU...

Comment

Working...
                                X