Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I refuse to say thank you until the last word is spoken on SGU.

I still hope we have a chance of a proper ending or more Seasons?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
      No love for BW?
      robert made the series that's my understanding.

thank you Robert Carlyle
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

To TPTB: Thank you for having the vision to take the franchise and create something unique from where it had left off. It would have been so easy to make another series in the same mold, but you let the franchise grow wings and take off in an entirely new direction while never forgetting where it started from. Thank you for creating a story steeped in the mythology of the franchise that asked new and fascinating questions and wove intricate threads that made me absorbed in the series as a whole. And thank you for creating such rich and diverse characters, for making them all so completely human and for making me care about what happens to them.

To the crew: Thank you for the wonderful work you do on every single episode, for the sets, the costumes, the effects, the soundtracks, the continuity and the countless little details. Thank you for the direction, editing and production which gave each episode such exquisite structure and pace. It all worked together to make it especially realistic - I could practically imagine being there on Destiny.

To the cast: Thank you for taking words on a page and breathing such life into the characters. Thank you for the incredible skill you showed in portraying all their dimensions, for having the guts to show the ugly side of humanity as well as the noble side and for playing every scene with such conviction. And thank you for the way you embraced Stargate fandom with your involvement in fansites, conventions, interviews, twitter etc, letting us be part of your world and joining us in ours.

I sincerely hope Season 2 won't be the end of SGU.
        sigpic

Comment

I liked Stargate Universe for what it was: character driven, emotional, and sometimes even thought provoking. It was a tad more realistic then the space adventure driven SG-1 and Atlantis but still held its own despite that 'short-coming' in some people's eyes. Bye, Stargate Universe.

Comment

Thank you Stargate. I would say that I will miss you, but I have loads of SG dvd's to keep me entertained now, Christams rocks!!!!! Untill next time, keep the gate spinning!

Comment

I'd like to thank the cast and crew for SGU. I liked the cast - even Chloe. Each was flawed, not perfect and had their own pros and cons - none perfect but who is.

And I commend the powers that be for daring to be different - not to repeat themselves as other franchises have done.

And to MGM keep the faith - even if you cannot replace the money from SyFy to allow the series to continue - make a movie and close the story off properly

Comment

I agree! SGU was very well done. I only wish it could have continued further.

Comment

I too would like to express my appreciation for SGU. Thank you to the writers, creative team, and the amazing cast for bringing a beautifully made intelligent show to fruition, however briefly.

This was one of the few shows that expanded the scope of science fiction, bringing it far beyond the usual formula of laser guns and evil aliens, and incorporating real science. Its characters were all too human, dealing as best they could with situations far beyond their control where there are no easy answers. I can certainly understand fans' fondness for the SG-1 and Atlantis series, but I loved that SGU was willing to go into darker territory where there isn't always a solution at the end of an episode, and the characters have to cope with the consequences of their actions.

I do hope that somehow the SGU team will find a way to conclude the story, either with a third season, or at least a DVD movie.

In the meantime, thank you to everyone involved, you've made a show that will in time be recognized for the high level of quality, intelligence, and passion you had to bring it to reality.

Comment

I, too, wish to offer my sincerest thanks to the cast and crew of SGU. I've been a huge fan of the Stargate universe from the very beginning with the movie. I continue to remain a fan to this day. I am truly saddened by the cancellation of SGU. I've loved this series because everyone has done a fantastic job in creating characters I can believe and stories that draw me in. If a show can elicit an emotional response from me, then it has earned my loyalty. All of the Stargate shows have done this, but SGU has taken it to a level never before achieved. The art of story telling seems to be nearly lost these days. Very little of what we see on TV can capture our imagination.

Thank you!

Comment

Stargate was my reason to life ^^

I miss you so much , please come back, you are the greatest sci-fi series ever . You make me grow and now i want to say "Thank you"
                      Sorry if my english language is bad ,it's beacause i'm a french

sigpic

Comment

Thank you so much SGU, this was the best show for me, as a Stargate Fan, it kept the stargate alive for all of us and that's the best thing for me. I'm going to miss it so much, it would be the first time since SG-1 started that I won't be having something new of Stargate and it's so hard, I grew up watching Stargate. Was and always will be the reason for me to keep going when I was sick, when I was really depressed and the reason why I met amazing people. For me it would always be the best show in sci-fi history
                        sigpic
                        Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Comment

I definitely want to thank everyone involved in Stargate Universe. I look forward to these final 10 episodes, and will miss this show very much. This show, although brief, was a very nice addition to the Stargate franchise IMO.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

It's truly sad when a show gets you hooked like this and then is abruptly ended. I feel like I did when Jericho was first cancelled and I hate that so many shows are simply abolished and the plot never resolved....to all the heartbroken fans out there as soon as I own my own tv station I vow to bring back all the classic shows possible and all new shows will run until their plot has concluded regardless of fan base size...now i just need a few billion to start my station lol

Comment

I hope the franchise will survive the tragic fate of SG:U. I need my weekly kawoosh.

Anyway I want to thank the wonderful 12 years what I could spend with the SG. I joined at the foundation of the Hungarian SG fandom in 1999. Iit helped to find new friends and to earn such memories here and there for what I can never be enough grateful to the creators and staff of SG. Thank you.
                              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

During the cold winter christmas night, me and my family watched the first few episodes my father had recorded for the first time. Episodes 1-5.

I was hooked from then-on in! Although I had access to the episodes on the internet by streaming. I decided to purchase the actual full-season DvD. Because I believe in returning the favor or a well-done series by financial support. I have watched the series 4 times around. Each time learning a new facet of a character, a story element, a symbolism. Sharing it with as many as I can.

This is the type of series I would love to work with as a writer a cineaste or as a CG artist. Many of the combined episodes feel like movies rather than actual bits of a larger storyline in a series.

All I have to say is: Great job! I love the Stargate series. Stargate Universe is my favorite up-to-date.

Comment

Working...
                                X