This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mparsons1981 View Post
    It never should have been cancelled, and if i was Bill Gates i'd pay for 10 more years.
    I'd finish out the full 5 seasons planned for SGU, pay for 3 new ones for SG1 and 3 for SGA.. then each gets 2 movies, and finally a 7th movie that hits them all.

Comment

Originally posted by JustAnotherVoice View Post
      Hopefully in the years to come, the fandom at large will remember SGU for all of the unrealised potential it had, rather than thinking of it as the red-headed ******* step child of the franchise.
      Ah yes, thank you SGU for everything including the stunning Ginn!

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
        I'd finish out the full 5 seasons planned for SGU, pay for 3 new ones for SG1 and 3 for SGA.. then each gets 2 movies, and finally a 7th movie that hits them all.
        Me too... with one addition, though: with full official corssovers between the three series FOR all three series: get each crossover in all 3 styles of the series done:

SG-1/Atlantis in SG-1 series style (kind of already done, but I'd do another one)
        SG-1/Atlantis in Atlantis series style
        Atlantis/Universe in Atlantis series style
        Atlantis/Universe in Universe series style
        SG-1/Universe in SG-1 series style
        and
        SG-1/Universe in Universe series style

I'd go all the way and make each crossover episode(s) special and within the continuity of the series. Having the three casts do 6 crossover episodes (or mini-series) would be a blast and it would extend the story of the series and bring it up to a whole new level, within all 3 series.

Plus the episodes in the individual series would make at least 1 full season on their own (depends on how many episodes would the crossovers take) and still make a lot of sense.

Comment

I am sad at the end of every episode because I always realize how awesome this show actually was. I like SG1 and SGA as well, I mean it got me into sci-fi in the first place but SG:U is different and it was something special, the whole crew was awesome from Rush to Lt. James and from Young to Riley. I don't even mind Camille this time although at the beginning she's really weird but becomes better in the second half of season one. There, again thank you to the crew and cast of SG:U for bringing such an awesome show to life !
          sigpic

Comment

I agree with everything you said, Sp!der. Stargate was really an amazing show and I'll just say what I've said many times before: I hope the current MGM's leadership releases what they've really done and hire a temporary production team along with Brad Wright, Robert Cooper and Joe Malozzi and allow the 3 series to be concluded on screen, although that's very unlikely to happen.

We can only hope for the best that we do get A Stargate TV series or movie sometime in the future, probably after the World crisis ends, but that could/will take a little longer.

Comment

I agree! Stargate Universe was to me, an excellent show. I thought it was good science fiction and good stargate. People like Battlestar Galactica but can't handle the "darkness" of this series. While I love and own all of the Stargate series on disc,I have to say that this is my favorite of the Stargate franchise. I looked forward to it every week. It is a true gem. I am glad I was able to at least have 2 years.
              It was a shame that just as it began to come into its own, sci-fi ( or should I say syfy) axes it. Syfy channel is not the arbiturs of taste when it comes to science fiction. They lost that years ago. Thank you SGU for 2 great years!

Comment

Originally posted by Mnikolic View Post
                Me too... with one addition, though: with full official corssovers between the three series FOR all three series: get each crossover in all 3 styles of the series done:

SG-1/Atlantis in SG-1 series style (kind of already done, but I'd do another one)
                SG-1/Atlantis in Atlantis series style
                Atlantis/Universe in Atlantis series style
                Atlantis/Universe in Universe series style
                SG-1/Universe in SG-1 series style
                and
                SG-1/Universe in Universe series style

I'd go all the way and make each crossover episode(s) special and within the continuity of the series. Having the three casts do 6 crossover episodes (or mini-series) would be a blast and it would extend the story of the series and bring it up to a whole new level, within all 3 series.

Plus the episodes in the individual series would make at least 1 full season on their own (depends on how many episodes would the crossovers take) and still make a lot of sense.
                Well we already had a few crossover SGA/SG1 snippets with universe.. with Mccay and jackson!

Comment

We did, but not with full casts present. I'm not sure about SG-1/SGA, I think that one sort of happened in one of the last few seasons of SG-1, but otherwise, the SG crossovers that include the full main casts from each respective series didn't happen. It would be cool to see the SG-1/SGA teams, SG-1/SGU teams & SGA/SGU teams join forces in a space battle or something in their respective series.

Comment

Pegasus project had the full teams present for at least part of it.

Comment

it was an amazing show it sounds sad but its the only stargate series (now) that i can watch.
                      loved it for the drama, acting, chemistry, development and the size of the cast and basically the whole idea of taking stargate (sg-1 and atl) from a more childish show to a more serious , mature show
                      sigpic
                      Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Originally posted by LT. COL. John Sheppard View Post
                        it was an amazing show it sounds sad but its the only stargate series (now) that i can watch.
                        loved it for the drama, acting, chemistry, development and the size of the cast and basically the whole idea of taking stargate (sg-1 and atl) from a more childish show to a more serious , mature show
                        I too have a lot of trouble watching certain episodes of SG1 and Atlantis after seeing Universe.

Comment

Thank you Stargate Universe...!

Thank you for giving us Chloe, TJ, and Ginn...
                          Thank you for trying to keep the Stargate franchise alive...
                          "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                          Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                          Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                          Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                          I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                          To thy own self... Be true
                          May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

While SG-1 will always be my favorite Stargate show, Universe was something very special in its brief time on the air.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I agree what a great show im really sad its over Robert Carlyle is one of my favourite actors and i really liked the role he played as Dr Rush. Ill miss this show hopefully somehow it will return
                              sigpic
                              Kenton Canada

Comment

Thanks for the memories. i really hope we see the show again im keepin my fingers crossed. It was awesome
                                sigpic
                                Kenton Canada

Comment

Working...
                                X