Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I lost interest in the Stargate Franchise fairly early into SG:A. Thanks to the SG:U team for regaining my interest in the franchise.
    Babylon 5 - Farscape - Lost - Deadwood - Rome - Carnivale - Dexter - Sopranos - The Wire

Comment

after watching Twin Destinies, I hated Syfy even more for cancelling the show...
      I admit that I didn't like Season 1 very much, but it was STARGATE so I enjoyed it silently...but Season 2 is epic so far and laids the foundations for even greater things to come... I cross my fingers for a movie...
      -Why did the chicken cross the Moebius strip?
      -To get to the same side!

Comment

another huge thanks for the whole SGU team after watching Twin Destinies!
        sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
          another huge thanks for the whole SGU team after watching Twin Destinies!
          I feel the same way - for me, a lot of "Twin Destinies" was payoff for the work laid down in season 1 - and it was really, really great. Thank you!
          sigpic
          Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by SirRastusBear View Post
            Thanks for daring to take a leap of faith and produce a pretty good product. If this is good-bye so be it but here's hoping that it is merely a 'see you later.'
            Let me second the hope this is just a "see you later"...

To the cast: Thank you for taking words on a page and breathing such life into the characters. Thank you for the incredible skill you showed in portraying all their dimensions, for having the guts to show the ugly side of humanity as well as the noble side and for playing every scene with such conviction. And thank you for the way you embraced Stargate fandom with your involvement in fansites, conventions, interviews, twitter etc, letting us be part of your world and joining us in ours.
            And to Robert Carlyle, for making such a lovable hatable character that i have EVER come to see in any tv show.

I feel the same way - for me, a lot of "Twin Destinies" was payoff for the work laid down in season 1 - and it was really, really great. Thank you!
            That it was. All the talk through out S1 and S2.0 about everyone being the "wrong people for the job" went right out the window with the massive amt of stepping up they all did this ep.

Comment

Dear SGU people (that means everyone and anyone involved in creating the show, down to the catering service),

It's rare for me to watch more than two episodes of one show in a row. Usually, I lose interest because every episode is basically the same people going through the same thing only slightly differently (as in you average sitcom).

What attracted me and got me hooked on SGU was the fact that it's both like reading a book with chapters (you need to know what happened in a previous chapter to be able to follow) and like reading a book in a series (the depth of the story increases with every installment). The character and story development took its time, as one would in a novel, and I understand that most average TV watching people wouldn't follow something like that (as they're used to fast paced stuff -- more bangs, less depth).

The show wants the audience to pay attention, and to not expect everything to be handed to them on a platter. As an intelligent viewer, this is something I appreciate.

It also helps that the show has amazing visuals. As an illustrator, I look at the image as much as at the story-telling. I have to say, I could wax lyrical on the way the light plays over the people's faces, the way it catches on their eyes and eyelashes -- er, yeah, I'll cut it right there before I get carried away.

Rest assured, it's been a while since I was so inspired by a TV show.

Thank you very much.

Comment

Great show just so annoying that not enough people thought so.

Thanks Stargate universe and i look forward watching the final 10 episodes when it finally airs in the UK.

Stargate is dead, long live stargate (hopefully)
                sigpic
                Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
                Metal gear fan

Comment

Originally posted by Nikec3 View Post
                  And now some compliments from me.

I think that SGU is one of the best sci-fi ever created. I did not like last 2 seasons of SGA, but I was simply amazed with SGU.

SGU will be my first thing to buy on DVD (Slovenia is a pirate nation, noone buys DVD's)
                  Sadly I have to only agree partialy. ( A little off topic... )
                  About Slovenia. SPOILER TAG only because it's off topic.
                  Spoiler:

Very few people buy Movies, but the DVDs sell quite well. Even fewer people buy Series.
                  But there's also the thing about price and availability. A DVD with Croatian subtitles is worth next to nothing to me and it's often the only thing they sell, for a full price (which is higher than in Italy, Germany, Australia, UK or USA). Or if the price is low it's because it's a megazine or newspaper edition and the quality is also low! (video and manufacturing). And very few Series get released here. I'm still waiting for BSG seasons 3 and 4. But I'll probably never get them. I own all seasons on USA DVDs but it didn't stop me buying the first two seasons (in Slovenia) as soon as they were released because if I waited a little longer they might not be available anymore (like Serenity, I only saw it for 2 months, and then it was gone).
                  So I usually prefer the UK, Australian, Italian or USA editions of Movies and Series.
                  I'm still waiting for SG-1 DVDs, but they'll never come.
                  I look for them in Italy but haven't seen them yet. So is there any other way but piracy? Maybe only foreign market as mentioned above.

And I have to agree on the topic as well. SGU is fantastic. I felt too often that they tried to copy BSG and failed, but still they did it differently and as a whole, the show is just fantastic.
                  It'll be sad in a few weeks time, when there will be no stargate to look forward to...
                  Last edited by BJdavidLS; 27 March 2011, 02:45 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Id wish to thank sgu but i also want to thank all of stargate sg-1 and sga included for such great entertainment its given me such a joy watching it....its just been one hell of a ride and i was hoping never to get off but now that its cancelled i dont know tv anymore and i just hope that another stargate franchise will rise to fill the place in my heart
                    sigpicWELCOME TO END OF THE WORLD.....IM AM OZZYMANDIAS KING OF KINGS LOOK UPON MY WORKS YE MIGHTY AND DESPAIR

Comment

Thank you SGU and the whole Stargate franchise. From the movie in 1994 to the SG-1 series in 1997-2007 to SGA 2004-2009 to SGU 2009-2011. I know the movie is generally forgotten about when talking about the TV series but it was where it all started, you add it in there as overall story and it gives you a 15 year run all together.

I don't know what I will do with all my free time now I have watched every episode from sg-1, SGA, and soon will have seen ever episode of SGU. I will miss stargate I have loved every series each brought something new to the overall story. SGU was excellent I loved it from the first episode despite it being different from sg-1 and sga which I also loved.

To the actor's you put on damn good performance in my book I love the emotion the conflict everything you guys put out there. SG-1 and SGA where great shows but SGU brought more realism to the series and actually pursude some of the relationships scenario's that it avoid SG-1 and SGA.

I can remember watching SG-1 hoping Carter and O'niel would hook up and it never came. In SGU they actually delt with such issues from the Young and Johanson relationship to James and Scott. Showing the problems that could have happened between carter and O'niel.

Over all SGU was exploring what I had hoped Atlantis was going to do when it first came out. SGU had the gritty feel and it kept me enguaged with each and every character even the side one's like James. If I didn't see greer or james in an episode I was like wounder what they where doing. It's the first series I can actually say that I wanted to know what was up with main characters as much as the secondary characters.

From episode one I could feel that emotion of being alone with no way home. Being the middle of no where with people you don't nessarily get allong with. Yet having to work with them, find some common ground just to survive it all.

So again thank you SGU and I also thank the whole franchise for giving me 15 great years of what was going to happen next. I hope there will be more to come I will keeping my eye for it.

Comment

Thank you for bringing my love of Stargate back. I really lost hope for the Stargate franchise after the debacle of SGA, and I wasn't gonna give SGU a chance because I lost faith in TPTB. If it wasn't for Jack and Sam being in the first ep I wouldn't have watched it so kudos to TPTB for adding them. The first half of season one was a bit of a hit and miss but after that it just went from strength to strength. I'm glad I gave it a second chance.
                        sigpic

Comment

Agreed. Many people will kill me for saying this, but Stargate Universe is my favorite out of the three series.

Comment

Not me.. i like it also.

Comment

Originally posted by Meshakhad View Post
                              Agreed. Many people will kill me for saying this, but Stargate Universe is my favorite out of the three series.
                              It wasn't my favourite, yet. But it was well on it's way to being up there with SG1. It could have even surpassed SG1 if they kept it going.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                                It wasn't my favourite, yet. But it was well on it's way to being up there with SG1. It could have even surpassed SG1 if they kept it going.
                                I'm thinking that the same could have happened for me too! I haven't been so absorbed in a show since SG-1, looking forward every week to what would happen to great characters.

Comment

Working...
                                X