Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: Thank you, Stargate Universe

I'd like to thank the cast and crew for SGU. I liked the cast - even Chloe. Each was flawed, not perfect and had their own pros and cons - none perfect but who is.

And I commend the powers that be for daring to be different - not to repeat themselves as other franchises have done.

And to MGM keep the faith - even if you cannot replace the money from SyFy to allow the series to continue - make a movie and close the story off properly

I agree! SGU was very well done. I only wish it could have continued further.

Probie

I too would like to express my appreciation for SGU. Thank you to the writers, creative team, and the amazing cast for bringing a beautifully made intelligent show to fruition, however briefly.

This was one of the few shows that expanded the scope of science fiction, bringing it far beyond the usual formula of laser guns and evil aliens, and incorporating real science. Its characters were all too human, dealing as best they could with situations far beyond their control where there are no easy answers. I can certainly understand fans' fondness for the SG-1 and Atlantis series, but I loved that SGU was willing to go into darker territory where there isn't always a solution at the end of an episode, and the characters have to cope with the consequences of their actions.

I do hope that somehow the SGU team will find a way to conclude the story, either with a third season, or at least a DVD movie.

In the meantime, thank you to everyone involved, you've made a show that will in time be recognized for the high level of quality, intelligence, and passion you had to bring it to reality.

Probie

I, too, wish to offer my sincerest thanks to the cast and crew of SGU. I've been a huge fan of the Stargate universe from the very beginning with the movie. I continue to remain a fan to this day. I am truly saddened by the cancellation of SGU. I've loved this series because everyone has done a fantastic job in creating characters I can believe and stories that draw me in. If a show can elicit an emotional response from me, then it has earned my loyalty. All of the Stargate shows have done this, but SGU has taken it to a level never before achieved. The art of story telling seems to be nearly lost these days. Very little of what we see on TV can capture our imagination.

Thank you!

Chief Master Sergeant RickWesten's Avatar

Stargate was my reason to life ^^

I miss you so much , please come back, you are the greatest sci-fi series ever . You make me grow and now i want to say "Thank you"
    Sorry if my english language is bad ,it's beacause i'm a french

http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=40763&dateline=1252255075

Thank you so much SGU, this was the best show for me, as a Stargate Fan, it kept the stargate alive for all of us and that's the best thing for me. I'm going to miss it so much, it would be the first time since SG-1 started that I won't be having something new of Stargate and it's so hard, I grew up watching Stargate. Was and always will be the reason for me to keep going when I was sick, when I was really depressed and the reason why I met amazing people. For me it would always be the best show in sci-fi history

Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

I definitely want to thank everyone involved in Stargate Universe. I look forward to these final 10 episodes, and will miss this show very much. This show, although brief, was a very nice addition to the Stargate franchise IMO.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Probie

It's truly sad when a show gets you hooked like this and then is abruptly ended. I feel like I did when Jericho was first cancelled and I hate that so many shows are simply abolished and the plot never resolved....to all the heartbroken fans out there as soon as I own my own tv station I vow to bring back all the classic shows possible and all new shows will run until their plot has concluded regardless of fan base size...now i just need a few billion to start my station lol

I hope the franchise will survive the tragic fate of SG:U. I need my weekly kawoosh.

Anyway I want to thank the wonderful 12 years what I could spend with the SG. I joined at the foundation of the Hungarian SG fandom in 1999. Iit helped to find new friends and to earn such memories here and there for what I can never be enough grateful to the creators and staff of SG. Thank you.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

http://picasaweb.google.com/103478402021017098633

Probie

During the cold winter christmas night, me and my family watched the first few episodes my father had recorded for the first time. Episodes 1-5.

I was hooked from then-on in! Although I had access to the episodes on the internet by streaming. I decided to purchase the actual full-season DvD. Because I believe in returning the favor or a well-done series by financial support. I have watched the series 4 times around. Each time learning a new facet of a character, a story element, a symbolism. Sharing it with as many as I can.

This is the type of series I would love to work with as a writer a cineaste or as a CG artist. Many of the combined episodes feel like movies rather than actual bits of a larger storyline in a series.

All I have to say is: Great job! I love the Stargate series. Stargate Universe is my favorite up-to-date.

I agree with everything the opening poster said. Best series of the franchise yet, so upset it's ending prematurely.

River's Roommate carmencatalina's Avatar

And to get this thread back on track - a big thank you to the great special effects team that worked on SGU. I think they did some of the best work I've seen on the small screen with regards to special effects - brilliant!

Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

This thread inspired me to put together my current sigline. Most simple one yet, and most honest.

Nox Envoy
    (Moderator)

To ALL :

The only reason why this thread is stickied is so that those SGU fans who want to pay a tribute can do so without further discussion/debate or having to explain their motives to anyone.

Once S2 's back half is aired ,they've lost their show ,unless there's some form of last-second reprieve and so it was felt better to let these fans have a space to express their gratitude without having personal disagreements drag other threads into off-topic.

First and foremost GateWorld is a Fan site and since the CVS was introduced back in 2009 ,we call on fans to express their criticisms with tact and consideration towards others of a differing opinion and to not be defined by negativity alone.

There are literally hundreds of other threads to air constructive criticism and misgivings about SGU ,so please use those ,as you have many times before .

Bear in mind that fan campaign and awareness/support threads for the movies etc are available for SG-1 and SGA fans ,and GW policy has always been to allow the on-topic rule to prevail in those .

Please allow the SGU fans the same courtesy .
    Off-topic posts will continue to be deleted outright from this thread .Please contact Skydiver or a Mod of your choice if you wish to discuss this further .

Thank you !
    Bagpuss
    GateWorld Moderation Team.

Chief Master Sergeant

Where can we talk about the recent podcast?

Nox Envoy
    (Moderator)

Opinions/discussions about the latest Podcast go here : GateWorld Podcast Feedback!

That thread's open to mixed opinions .

Just like to say I have found SGU to be a fantastic and top quality show; when I first started watching I was worried due to its differences from SG-1 and SGA, but I have come to love it in its own way, and perhaps even more than other series for certain reasons.

I find SGU is a lot more mature and a lot more serious; I love most characters and stories from previous SG shows but I find at times they tried too hard to be too "fun," put too much comedy in them, too light-hearted, some characters too fake, over-acted...

SGU, while having low points, has been a great drama based around human relations and emotions... Only wished they'd focused a bit more on the relatives left home on Earth

I'd love to thank aswell cause SGU brought new dimension of Stargate...we saw more deeper thoughts and feeling than in previous series and I loved it...SG was growing up with its fans and thx for that...
    anyway I still hope that its not the ultimate end for SGU

Chief Master Sergeant juggernaut975's Avatar

I'd like to echo everyone's sentiments thus far.

I came into SG late, about the end of SG1/fourth season of Atlantis.

I was always sort of dimly aware of SG before this, loved the movie but never once saw the show. When I first met my wife she had seasons 2 and 3 and she sat me down one day and just said 'give it a chance, see what you think...'

I was hooked. In the following months I picked up the rest of the series.

I loved SGA too but it was waaaaay too late in the game to sit down and watch late season episodes when I was still plowing through the first 4 seasons.

So when the word came out that SGU was coming out I was pretty excited. Here, finally, was a chance to jump on board to a SG show right from the word go.

I've enjoyed it, it's a LOT different from SG1/SGA but it was still a great show that has potential.

Thanks to everyone involved with SGU, your hard work was appreciated.

Thank you Stargate Universe. A lot of people will miss you.
    http://email.faxem.com.au/download/files/01445/1279070/iStock_000010944279Small_Header.jpg
    - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox