Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    First Lieutenant SpinningChevron's Avatar

Default Re: Thank you, Stargate Universe

I just want to say a big thank you to all the people that made SGU possible, its such a well written show and seemed closer to the original SG Movie than anything (and thats a good thing), Once again thank you for the 2 great years of tv where SGU was the only new show I watched.
    LIKES: Half-Life, Half-Life 2, ST: DS-9, ST: TNG, Eric Clapton, GTA 4, SGU, MW + MW2, Red Dead Redemption,
    Scarlett Johansson, Father Ted, The Portal Series, The Assassin's Creed Series, Trailer Park Boys.

DISLIKES: Reality T.V Shows and so called reality t.v stars, people who don't wear seatbelts,
    99.999% of new Music out now, 80% of new Movies out now.

Last Game Completed: Portal 2

Last Movie Watched For The First Time: Dumbo (1941)

Probie

Quote Originally Posted by SpinningChevron View Post
    I just want to say a big thank you to all the people that made SGU possible, its such a well written show and seemed closer to the original SG Movie than anything (and thats a good thing), Once again thank you for the 2 great years of tv where SGU was the only new show I watched.
    I have to agree. Thanks to SGU (and Fringe) I had a weekly show to look forward every week. Now that SGU is gone (and Fringe will follow soon) that seems to be over and TV will be boring again. If SGU doesn't get a proper ending I think I'll just think about a movie like ending where Young walkes trough the gate while looking back at Rush who's staying on destiny. Great series, great cast. Was my favorite series and will be missed.

I want to thank this show for opening my mind and makeing me think about whats out there.
    Last great exploration SF of this decade...

River's Roommate carmencatalina's Avatar

With all the negative nellies coming over to post on the SGU boards these days, this thread deserves to be on the first page.

Thank you, SGU, for giving me one show on TV that I actually looked forward to each week!

Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Major General

Heck imo it deserves to be a sticky!

one word: Thanks!

River's Roommate carmencatalina's Avatar

A big "thank-you" to the mods for making this a sticky - a thread of thankfulness sets a nice tone, and reminds us that we are lucky to have TV shows that we really, really love.

Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Awesome thread!

I'll add my thanks. I've been continuously impressed with SGU in a multitude of ways: the acting, the on-going story arc, the character development, the music, the special effects... SGU is truly a testament to the hard work of so many people. Cast, crew, writers, producers... whoever designed Destiny deserves particular thanks. I'm not generally a viewer who's enjoyment is determined by the special effects and graphics, but I've been blown away by the work of the artists who made this show look so visually stunning.

The actors also deserve a second dose of thanks for putting up with so much from the franchise (and its fans). Coming in to a pre-existing franchise like this was a difficult task for all of them, and I admire they way they handled the situation. They went out and gave the show their full effort and attention, and delivered some wonderful performances.

Oh, and particular thanks to Alaina Huffman, for proving all my preconceptions wrong and giving me a Stargate leading lady who I actually love and can relate to. Kudos for making her character flawed, compassionate, sympathetic, and realistic, even when faced with a very difficult storyline. Tamara Johansen has earned a place in my list of favorite female characters.

To all the cast and crew, thanks for your hard work! Stargate Universe will be missed.
    Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
    Hallowed are the Optimi.

Lieutenant Colonel xxxevilgrinxxx's Avatar

Thanks for the sticky!

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Thanks also to all the actors from previous Stargate series who made appearances on the show to help get it off the ground.

Probie

Thanks for daring to take a leap of faith and produce a pretty good product. If this is good-bye so be it but here's hoping that it is merely a 'see you later.'

Great thread idea.

I'd like to say thanks to the whole team for making two seasons of thoughtful and intelligent sci fi (a rarity these days).

Thanks for making a series that showed us the beauty & wonder of the universe but didn't forget the terrible dangers and hardships of living in the hostile environment of deep space.

Special thanks to all the writers and actors (special mention for RC and LF) who have done a superb job - it has been a real treat getting to know this crew because they felt like real people, humans with good and bad points rather than romanticised heroes or moustache twirling villains. For me this made the hardships and losses they suffered that much sadder and any triumphs that much sweeter.

I think that SGU will be remembered along with Firefly as a Sci Fi show that was just better than TV deserved. At least we got 2 years of real quality.

Lieutenant General Pharaoh Atem's Avatar

thank you robert cooper and sgu cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
    thank you robert cooper and sgu cast.
    No love for BW?

Lieutenant Colonel MattSilver 3k's Avatar

Thank you, SGU. Without you, I would never have discovered the hotness of various female actresses (Alaina, Elyse, Julie, Kathleen, Ming Na et cetera), <snip> and, of course, giving me forty-odd minutes a week of good ol' escapism.
    Last edited by Skydiver; December 31st, 2010 at 12:01 PM.

I refuse to say thank you until the last word is spoken on SGU.

I still hope we have a chance of a proper ending or more Seasons?

Lieutenant General Pharaoh Atem's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Egle01 View Post
    No love for BW?
    robert made the series that's my understanding.

thank you Robert Carlyle

To TPTB: Thank you for having the vision to take the franchise and create something unique from where it had left off. It would have been so easy to make another series in the same mold, but you let the franchise grow wings and take off in an entirely new direction while never forgetting where it started from. Thank you for creating a story steeped in the mythology of the franchise that asked new and fascinating questions and wove intricate threads that made me absorbed in the series as a whole. And thank you for creating such rich and diverse characters, for making them all so completely human and for making me care about what happens to them.

To the crew: Thank you for the wonderful work you do on every single episode, for the sets, the costumes, the effects, the soundtracks, the continuity and the countless little details. Thank you for the direction, editing and production which gave each episode such exquisite structure and pace. It all worked together to make it especially realistic - I could practically imagine being there on Destiny.

To the cast: Thank you for taking words on a page and breathing such life into the characters. Thank you for the incredible skill you showed in portraying all their dimensions, for having the guts to show the ugly side of humanity as well as the noble side and for playing every scene with such conviction. And thank you for the way you embraced Stargate fandom with your involvement in fansites, conventions, interviews, twitter etc, letting us be part of your world and joining us in ours.

I sincerely hope Season 2 won't be the end of SGU.

I liked Stargate Universe for what it was: character driven, emotional, and sometimes even thought provoking. It was a tad more realistic then the space adventure driven SG-1 and Atlantis but still held its own despite that 'short-coming' in some people's eyes. Bye, Stargate Universe.

Thank you Stargate. I would say that I will miss you, but I have loads of SG dvd's to keep me entertained now, Christams rocks!!!!! Untill next time, keep the gate spinning!