Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: Thank you, Stargate Universe

I LOVE this thread! Thanks Elaine for starting it.

I agree with everything everyone here said, but especially this:

Quote Originally Posted by Major_Griff View Post
    I'll thank BW and RCC for taking the risk and doing something different. The risk may have bitten them in the butt, but It was well worth it imo. SGU is a great show and I'm sure in a few years it will be talked about with Firefly and Arrested Development, etc as one of the best shows that were cancelled too soon.
    My thanks go to the wonderful crew that worked so hard to make the show as good as it is.

To the awesome cast, that blew my away with their acting. Before SGU, when I thought about outstanding acting moments in Stargate my first thought was of RDA in Abyss, MS in Legacy, AT in New Order, CJ in Redemption and DH in The Shrine. Now my list expanded to LF in T&E, JWS in Visitation (or, you know, everything), AH in Visitation...oh, who am I kidding? Now my list has almost every SGU actor on it I certainly hope that despite cancellation some awards are headed the actors' way.

To TPTB, especially BW and RCC for being brave enough to try something new, even if it's causing them grief right now. It takes big men to realise that you've grown stale and need to change, to leave your comfort zone. I applaud them for that.

To the rest of the writers. The new ones I thank for new and inspiring stories, such as my all-time favourites Faith and Visitation. To the old ones, for bringing back my faith in them, making me realise that they are still capable of good writing. I won't forget that feeling I had watching Air III, when I realised that for the first time in years I was excited about SG show again. That watching it wasn't a chore, but true pleasure.

To the directors and everybody else who made that show into what it was - my heartfelt thanks.

Last, but not least, to my fellow fans who enriched the experience of watching SGU so much and reinvigorated this fandom in the same way that the show reinvigorated the franchise.

THANK YOU ALL
    There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
    awesome sig by Josiane

Quote Originally Posted by Petra View Post
    To TPTB, especially BW and RCC for being brave enough to try something new, even if it's causing them grief right now. It takes big men to realise that you've grown stale and need to change, to leave your comfort zone. I applaud them for that.
    Co-signed. It's always the hardest to break away from what's expected and do something different. SGU wasn't as succesul as we might have hoped, but it was what you wanted to do and that means more than any live+7 numbers. My hat is off to you gentleman.

Also, thank you SGU for introducing me to JWS who is a phenomenal young actor that I can't wait to see more from!
    Last edited by Ashizuri; December 20th, 2010 at 01:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callista View Post
    Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
    Quote Originally Posted by HPMom View Post
    She saw the candle light as many things.

Captain

I to am thankful for the wonder that was SGA. Life is just not fair sometimes, but even though it was only 2 seasons, they were the best 2 stargate seasons ever. Thanks for the great stories, great acting, great visual effects and great intelligence. I will miss you very much, but hope to see you resolve it all in a movie. To the PTB congratulations on having the vision and the guts to put on such a show.

Staff Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Selene1212 View Post
    Great post & I agree with everything you said. I would've never watched anything "Stargate" without SGU. I thank them for bringing me to this wonderful franchise and bringing me great entertainment for 2 seasons!
    Same goes for me. Without SGU, I would've never considered watching SG-1 or SGA.

I am currently watching season one and just fell in love with the "extras" on the dvd. The cast interaction was fabulous to see. Louis Ferreira is hilarious!

Thanks for starting this thread!

I too, would like to thank the cast and crew for making a quality piece of television, the likes of which I don't think I'll see again for a while. SGU was the only show that I've watched live in over four years. It made my Tuesdays a little brighter this fall and although I'm sad about it ending, I'm still excited about the last 10 episodes yet to come. SGU is also the first show who's episodes I've seen repeatedly. Normally, the first viewing I'm watching the clock hoping that it would slow down so I could get a few more minutes of programming. Lets hope that somewhere down the road there will be another Stargate to look forward to, but until then, thanks for SGU...

Thanks to the actors, crew, writers, and producers(and anyone else involved ) for making a really cool show. I might have thought that it started out too slow in the beginning, but I'm glad I kept watching because, for me, the series kept getting better and better as the weeks went by. I thought the first half of season 2 was amazing and I'm really looking forward to watching the rest of the season. SGU was really turning into one of the best sci-fi series I'd seen in awhile; it became one of the few shows I really looked forward to watching every week. It's sad to see it end so soon and before it realized its full potential. I'm going to miss seeing new episodes. I hope everyone involved has much success in their future.

I would also like to thank Joel Goldsmith for his incredible work on Stargate Universe; I think the music he has written for this show is his best yet, and I will be eagerly awaiting the official release of the soundtrack.

More specifically, thank you, Joel, for creating this beautiful piece:

Malice

This short piece, I think, epitomises everything SGU is about: human emotion and interaction, the beauty and danger of the universe and the world we live in, unlocking our potential, accepting our fate and moving forward rather than constantly looking back, dealing with hardship and finding hope in even the most desolate of wastelands.

Thank you, Joel. Thank you, Stargate Universe.

I'm definitely grateful to the cast, crew and creators for a series I've enjoyed and would like to have seen develop. Amazing acting (Louis Ferreira & Robert Carlyle in particular for me), great visuals, superb music and some interesting stories.

It also seems appropriate to throw a huge thank you the creators' way for the franchise as a whole given that it is, at present and hopefully not for long, no more. Having seen every minute of the franchise to date and as a proud owner of almost all the relevant DVD's I can safely say that no other franchise barring Star Trek has provided me with the sheer quantity of entertainment that Stargate has.

RIP SGU and the Stargate franchise, you will be missed.
    "There is only one universe. It can only contain one life. It is me." - MorningLightMountain

Colonel

thank for being the most intelligent and well-written SG series and even with several flaws being one of the best sci-fi series I've ever seen

Thanks, I enjoyed it and look forward to the rest of Season 2...hoping for more but enjoying the ride while it lasts

Chief Master Sergeant MrMann101's Avatar

A big thank you. Hope there's a way for everyone involved with the show to see this thread. I believe that SGU was a huge step-up for the franchise in the direction it took. I love both SG-1 and SGA, but the franchise needed a change, SGU was that. Everything from the acting to the visual effects were amazing, as with the rest of the franchise. SGU also gave me a chance to watch and love a show with the brilliant Robert Carlyle, along with introducing me to some more incredibly talented actors and actresses. Easily the best Sci-Fi since SG-1 and SGA. Shame it never seemed to get the recognition it deserved in places that it really matters.

I loved every minute of the show. The best TV around at the moment, killed because of what seems a lot of bad decisions in key areas. A great shame.

THANKYOU SGU!

Thank you for helping me enjoy Stargate again I wasn't going to watch it at first but I did and I'm glad I did cause I would have missed out on what IMO would have been a great Stargate series to possibly rival SG-1 which was also great in it's own right.

River's Roommate carmencatalina's Avatar

I also wanted to add that I'm very thankful to SGU for introducing me to some brilliant actors who I hadn't heard of before, specifically, the wonderful trio of Patrick Gilmore, Peter Kelamis, and Jennifer Spence (Volker, Brody and Park). What the three of them did with those roles was just incredible - Jennifer Spence's work in Malice is just a recent example of why the term "secondary role" just doesn't work here.

Imagine me standing up and clapping - bravo and brava!

Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Quote Originally Posted by carmencatalina View Post
    I also wanted to add that I'm very thankful to SGU for introducing me to some brilliant actors who I hadn't heard of before, specifically, the wonderful trio of Patrick Gilmore, Peter Kelamis, and Jennifer Spence (Volker, Brody and Park). What the three of them did with those roles was just incredible - Jennifer Spence's work in Malice is just a recent example of why the term "secondary role" just doesn't work here.

Imagine me standing up and clapping - bravo and brava!
    Yes, with the exception of Robert Carlysle and Ming Na, I wasn't familiar with any of the actors on the show- and they are fantastic. LF and BS in T&E, JWS in so many things(did you know he was the voice of Gerald on "Hey Arnold" a cartoon that my children used to watch 10 years ago-I never knew that until I read his interview. What a fine actor he is!)Elyse, Jennifer Spence, the 3 you mentioned above-stellar acting-which made this show so great.
    Oh and AH, David Blue-

Probie

I have just found out that sgu was cancled as i normally jst watch the shows instead of keeping u to date on info, but i have noticed a patern here, sgu is a good show, so was caprica- mabey not the best but deffinatly not werthy of the brutle ( i belive) cuts made buy syfy for financial reasons.

I mean don't syfy know that alot of people live in different time zones therefor watch the programs on line - therefor loads of missing rating.
    and hey! if the series was that bad then why not cut this website, as abviously no one watches sgu(pls read the depressing and heartfelt comments on the 'canceled' news.

Airman

While I disagree with some things I support this thread.
    People need to find closure and saying good bye helps.

I will thank Robert Carlyle though. I absolutely enjoyed his portrayal of Rush.

Second Lieutenant Gate Traveller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ekiel View Post
    I will thank Robert Carlyle though. I absolutely enjoyed his portrayal of Rush.
    True, he became the face of the show and truly made the character, HIS character. Its a shame its gonna go bye bye, but I remember some 1 telling me this "At least be thankful for the 10 final episodes" and its true we should, as I'm sure that every major cast member will act their hearts out and give us 10 final episodes that we can truly enjoy.

As for the series itself... yes I must say thank you to all involved, reality sucks but we all appreciate your work and the time you all put in to producing a series that in my opinion surpassed expectations. As I stated, Reality sucks, I know the numbers were bad and in a perfect world... ratings would be useless and show's would be made for the fans that truly appreciate what they're seeing.

Good luck to all cast/crew involved in SGU, thanks for the 2 seasons... its a shame they couldn't give you 1 more.
    They Say He Travels The Gate Network Searching The Universe For Powerful Technology, They Call Him...... The Gate Traveller

Thank you, SGU, for re-igniting my love for Stargate. You dared to be bold and different. Thank you for making me feel appreciated as someone who has brain and knows how to use it. Unfortunately that approach was probably too intelligent.

I'm not saddened that it's over, I'm sad because the end came way too soon.

Studio Production assistant Shinnor's Avatar

I would also like to thank those, who started the thread and contributed to it.

And thank SGU and its creators for the captivating story, great acting, beautiful sets, amazing graphics, spellbinding music...(I'm out of adjectives)... and everything else, that made me love this show. I'm not a fan of TV series in general, there are but a few which I really like and still rewatch, years after they were closed. SGU is such a show. It came to stay, and I shall miss it very much.

Once again, thank you for everything, that brought me so many wonderful moments of pleasure!

This ship was named "Destiny" for a reason (c)

I just realised another reason to be grateful for SGU.

I'm a huge Jack and Sam (together AND separately) fan, so thank you for keeping me updated on what's going on with these characters.

Thank you for showing Jack as a tough, responsible, demanding AF officer with a sense of humour we all know he really is, and not as a clown like the last seasons of SG-1 & SGA portrayed him.

Thank you for the skillful way Dr Brightman was brought back.

And thank you for making Daniel look hot
    There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
    awesome sig by Josiane