Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)

Default Re: Thank you, Stargate Universe

This is a THANK YOU thread....not a place for backhanded insults or snark attacks....we already have threads for that, so go and take your swipes there and leave this to those that honestly and sincerely want to thank members of the cast and crew....basically, if ya got nothing nice to say, say nothing at all

Lieutenant Colonel Eternal Density's Avatar

/agreed /seconded /signed
    Thanks for the fun times SGU!
    "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
    Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Whitt Remastered View Post
    Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
    Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Staff Sergeant

Here, Here. I was a bit critical when SGU first aired but I stuck with it and it became my favorite Stargate series and ya know what even the first half S1 was better when I re-watched it. I guess I went into the show expecting it to be like SG-1 and SGA and that skewed my perspective. Thanks to everyone who acted and were responsible for SGU and PLEASE if there's anyway to bring it to another station or give us a TV movie to conclude the story I would be very greatfull.

Bugs' Carrot Keeper Carter's Boy's Avatar

Destiny ... I wanna be in YOU!

I'll thank BW and RCC for taking the risk and doing something different. The risk may have bitten them in the butt, but It was well worth it imo. SGU is a great show and I'm sure in a few years it will be talked about with Firefly and Arrested Development, etc as one of the best shows that were cancelled too soon.

Chief Master Sergeant Stargater276's Avatar

Thank you SGU for being a breath of fresh air to the Stargate franchise. I can only hope that this is not the end of all shows like you in the future.

I'm still too upset to be thankful, but...

I agree. SGU was a well done show and I've really enjoyed it.
    <a href=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/spimman/media/Sig1_zps2497bbad.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/spimman/Sig1_zps2497bbad.jpg target=_blank>http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...ps2497bbad.jpg</a></a>

Quote Originally Posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
    With everything that's happened, I wanted a place to offer my heartfelt thanks for a show that I thoroughly enjoyed, for every episode it's been on.

Stargate Universe is the first show where I've had the unique opportunity to thank the people responsible for entertaining me, where there was a chance that the people involved could see my letter, without having to go through an agent or a mailbag, etc. (Thank you, Interwebs!)

From moment one, I've watched every episode, mostly from the edge of my seat and this has been some of the best TV I've seen in a long time.

I wanted to say how much I've appreciated not only the entertainment, but for all the extra goodies. From the stunning visuals, to the Kinos and set tours, to back stage extras that let us see what's going on. I also loved that with this show, like none other that I've been a fan of, there has been a sense of connection with The Powers That Be, whether that's at GateWorld, on Twitter and Facebook, various campaigns, or Joe Mallozzi's blog.

This show made me think of bigger things and brought a true sense of wonder, not only for the message but for the simple journey itself. Even if it's only two seasons, I'm cherishing those discs.

Thank you, sincerely,

Elaine G
    Very well said Elaine. Thank you to the cast and crew for a complex group of characters and an intriguing plot. The show kept me interested all the way from the beginning. I'll be watching the show all the way to "Gauntlet" and hopefully there will be some kind of resolution to the story in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
    I'm going to second that.

SGU stands as being one of the greatest Sci Fi shows I have ever seen. It's quality on every level.

Good going TPTB, for making the brave decision to not just settling for repeating yourself for years to come.
    Indeed. Thanks to everyone involved with SGU for making it daring to strike in a direction that was distinctly different from what came before. With its arc-based writing, it was following in the footsteps of Babylon 5 and Deep Space 9, my all-time favorite sci-fi shows.

Thank you Stargate Universe for bringing us to Destiny, now my favourite ship of all time. Thank you to the cast, crew, writers, and everyone for daring to tread into the unknown. And for me, THAT is the true heart of SCI-FI.

Thank you for the greatest show that could have been. The fresh cast was great and was hooked on them faster then McKay, and I am a huge fan of McKay. This show will always stand out on my shelf of Blu-rays and will be watched many times, even though this season is gonna be a punch in the face when we see Gauntlet. Thank you to the creators as well, hope your next project will be as good if not better, and will be able to flourish and tell the whole story.

Great post Elaine, and a great idea for us all to share the things that we all enjoyed about this great chapter in the life of an outstanding franchise that has entertained me from 1998!

Thank you Stargate Universe for bringing us that wonderful ship, the Destiny, with all the wonderful attention to little details. Thank you for giving me one of the most spectacular visual moments in Stargate as the Destiny glides through the sun to recharge its power.

Thank you to the great cast who gave us some wonderful characters that I enjoyed getting to know gradually. Thank you for all those poignant moments, (Riley's death has got to be the moment that got me the most, I will never forget that scene!) also moments of frustration, fear and anger, and not forgetting the humour that Stargate does so well, weaved through tragedy and triumph. This show took its time to develop what could have continued developing into something outstanding, such I believe was the potential, such was the magic this brave change of direction gave us.

I would have liked to see the end result of this brave endeavour, but as it's not to be I will always be happy with what we did get. Thank you Stargate Universe.

Thanks for Chloe, James' inability to find a shirt in her size, TJ's smouldering stare and then the late runner in Ginn who just rocked.

Major General

Let me add my sincere thanks as well... And though we won't be able to see what you all intended from the get go, to be the swan song for this series, we will at least cherish the memories we had of 2 seasons of great work..

Second Lieutenant

With everything that's happened, I wanted a place to offer my heartfelt thanks for a show that I thoroughly enjoyed, for every episode it's been on.

Stargate Universe is the first show where I've had the unique opportunity to thank the people responsible for entertaining me, where there was a chance that the people involved could see my letter, without having to go through an agent or a mailbag, etc. (Thank you, Interwebs!)

From moment one, I've watched every episode, mostly from the edge of my seat and this has been some of the best TV I've seen in a long time.

I wanted to say how much I've appreciated not only the entertainment, but for all the extra goodies. From the stunning visuals, to the Kinos and set tours, to back stage extras that let us see what's going on. I also loved that with this show, like none other that I've been a fan of, there has been a sense of connection with The Powers That Be, whether that's at GateWorld, on Twitter and Facebook, various campaigns, or Joe Mallozzi's blog.

This show made me think of bigger things and brought a true sense of wonder, not only for the message but for the simple journey itself. Even if it's only two seasons, I'm cherishing those discs.

Thank you, sincerely,

Elaine G
    Awwww..man.

I swore I wouldn't tear up.

I would have accepted three years of SGU. Two years seems so ... wrong. Like a coulda woulda shoulda been.

Still...

It renewed my love in the Gateverse.

Will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
    Good going TPTB, for making the brave decision to not just settling for repeating yourself for years to come.
    Yeah good going, never to be heard from again. I would have settled for the repeating

On the Destiny, preparing to propose to TJ.

Totally agree, it might not be over though, you never know

River's Roommate carmencatalina's Avatar

Perfectly stated!

Let me add my thanks as well - I've enjoyed SGU more than any other show I can think of, and have a great respect and admiration for all of the cast, crew and staff involved.

Thank you so very much!

Thank you for bringing the sense of wonder back to science fiction on TV. For letting us experience the vast distances of space, the power of stars, the gravitational pull of gas giants, the terror of binary pulsars, the adventure of diverse planets, the mystery of alien beings, and the contemplation of the very fabric of the universe. And thank you for the realistic, well written, scripted and acted characters that made it all the more believable.
    I love SGU and I even like the other two SGU prequel shows

Thank SGU, with you the franchise matured into one of the best Scifi show's ever made. Thanks to the cast and crew for connecting to us fans like never before. I hold onto hope that we will see Destiny's mission come to an end some way.

Thanks and commiserations to all involved in SGU. Decent science fiction these days is about as rare as rocking horse poop and you managed to deliver 2 seasons of excellent science fiction. I sincerely hope that MGM see the potential in SGU and decide to go down the route of movies.
    Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast