Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has SGU being canceled made you not want to watch the rest of season 2?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has SGU being canceled made you not want to watch the rest of season 2?

So here is a question for fans of SGU (if you aren't a fan, and weren't watching, it doesn't really apply, I already know what you will be doing):

Are you going to watch the last 10 episodes?

It would seem that the answer would be a resounding YES, but knowing that the last episode likely (certainly?) ends in a cliffhanger, likely (certainly?) never-to-be-resolved, does that make a difference to you?

And if the answer is yes, do you think you will be able to enjoy the episodes, or does the fact that you know the story won't be finished reduce your enjoyment?

How does cancellation alter the "flavor" of watching a show that you liked?
    sigpic
    Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

I'm on the fence when it comes to watching the rest of season 2 because of this whole thing. I'd love to, but that would require giving points to SyFy's broadcasting which I definitely don't want to do. On the other hand, if this news has hit enough people that they get a ton more viewers for the rest of the season, that would be great because then we could laugh at them and say HA look what you just lost out on! Make them regret canceling it, that would be nice.

But I also don't want to watch because I haven't enjoyed season 2 as much as I did season 1 and therefore don't want my last memories of SGU to be sub-par to the first. I guess that's just speculating though, there could very well be an incredible back half to this season. Again though, I don't want to finish watching SGU with no conclusion, no wrap up after 5 years, but just the end of a season in the middle.

What are all of your thoughts? Has the fact that it's been canceled make you want to not watch the rest of the season? Do you want to watch it more now that it's canceled to get as much SGU as you can?
    sigpic
    Originally posted by dacooker
    The ships named Destiny for a reason....three years my friend, three years....

Comment

So does this mean they have to wrap all of the 5 year story line up in half of a season, this is going to be crap.. hopefully they'll find another station to show it or something, and is there even any point in this website anymore

Comment

Yeah, I'll be watching them. I've found SGU to be surprisingly enjoyable this season, but I still expected the cancellation because I thought it was too little too late. Won't stop me watching SGU 2.5, and as for cliffhangers, I've watched plenty of series that were canceled and ended that way. One more won't matter.
        And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
        sigpic
        Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by kinseySG View Post
          So does this mean they have to wrap all of the 5 year story line up in half of a season, this is going to be crap.. hopefully they'll find another station to show it or something, and is there even any point in this website anymore
          they've already filmed the episodes, they cant change them now.

Comment

i'll be watching sgu till the very last moment of the end credits
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

To support all the hard work the actors and crew put into the show, yep, I'm gonna watch the last 10 eps. Tuesday's are not easy nights for me to watch so I may have to watch OnDemand but I will find a way to watch.
              sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

It doesn't want me to watch as much.. cause I know ill cry when gauntlet airs, but I still will...
                sigpic

Comment

I'll be watching for sure. But then, in the small minds of American broadcasters, nobody outside the USA exists so I won't be counted anyway.
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I'll be watching
                    sigpic

Comment

I'll be watching. It will be torture knowing I will never see how the series truly was supposed to end. This reminds me a bit of Lois and Clark: The new adventures of Superman. Four seasons in, BAM, show was canceled without any warning. It ended on an unresolved cliffhanger.

Comment

I'll be watching, too. I don't see why being cancelled would make me not want to watch it...

That said, they can always stick a 'to be continued...' at the closing scene of the last episode...and hope for something like Peacekeeper Wars to wrap up things.
                        sigpic

Comment

ill be watching simply because if you stop now...its a cliffhanger anyway so if your fan you might as well watch and enjoy wats left and maybe if the numbers go up enough mgm will back a movie to tie up the loose ends or be able to shop stargate to another network which im sure would be a unanimous "about frelling time" from fans

Comment

I probably won't. The show has run too short with no closure given whatsoever.
                            sigpic

Comment

Even though I know it's going to end on a cliffhanger, I'll watch. I've added some new favourites actors list and it's worth it just to watch them. Especially after David Blue has said about his character Eli or I guess has hinted about Eli. I want to see more of one of my favourite geeks.
                              Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Working...
                              X