X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Universe CANCELLED

Ausiello linky

Blinking syfy... move a popular show onto the busiest night of the week in terms of big shows on the main networks will wreck the ratings....

More angry on that than i am about Atlantis TBH...

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Source: Deadline Hollywood
    Syfy Cancels 'Stargate Universe'

By NELLIE ANDREEVA
    Thursday December 16, 2010

After weeks of speculation, Syfy just announced that it won't renew Stargate Universe for a third season, putting an end (for now) to the long-running Stargate franchise on the network. The upcoming 10 episodes of Stargate Universe's second season, which will air in the Spring, will be the series' last...
    Blog Twitter

Comment

Here it is. Merry Christmas, folks. I'm done with SyFy.
      "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
      "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
      BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

I hope this is bad reporting. I'll wait til the 2nd or 3rd report before I panic. Site is obviously legit though.

Comment

This really sucks

Comment

Twitter updates from Craig Engler at Syfy:

Announcement today: Syfy will end its original action-adventure series Stargate Universe when the show returns with the final 10 episodes of its second season in the Spring of 2011. The Stargate franchise -- consisting of Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis and Stargate Universe -- has aired on Syfy since 2002. Syfy has a slate of new scripted projects lined up for 2011 including the series premiere of Being Human on January 17, the recently green lit one-hour drama series Alphas and the much anticipated Battlestar prequel pilot movie, Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome. Warehouse 13, Eureka & Haven will also return w/new seasons next year
            Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian_Jackson View Post
              I hope this is bad reporting. I'll wait til the 2nd or 3rd report before I panic. Site is obviously legit though.
              Ausiello has been a great source of TV news for ages.... rarely gets things wrong...if ever...

Comment

MODS can you confirm please

Comment

Well shes reporting that "Syfy announced" so she'd have to have got it very wrong for this not to be true.

I think you've just reached the first stage of grief; Denial.

Comment

Well that's great. Now I can remove SyFy from my list of channels to watch altogether!

So angry...

Comment

i'm at the anger stage... with the drinking one being poured out atm...

Comment

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
                        Well shes reporting that "Syfy announced" so she'd have to have got it very wrong for this not to be true.

I think you've just reached the first stage of grief; Denial.
                        What's #2? Anger? When I saw this comment on that link - "It was crap anyways." - I punched my computer screen really hard.

Comment

After weeks of speculation, Syfy just announced that it won't renew Stargate Universe for a third season, putting an end (for now) to the long-running Stargate franchise on the network. The upcoming 10 episodes of Stargate Universe's second season, which will air in the Spring, will be the series' last. The news follows the recent cancellation of another franchise Syfy series, the Battlestar Galactica prequel Caprica. The Stargate franchise -- consisting of Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis and Stargate Universe -- has aired on Syfy since 2002. Syfy's slate of returning series includes Warehouse 13, Eureka and Haven, which will be joined next year by new series Being Human, which launches on January 17, the recently greenlit series Alphas as well the Battlestar Galactica prequel movie/backdoor pilot Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
                            Ausiello linky

Blinking syfy... move a popular show onto the busiest night of the week in terms of big shows on the main networks will wreck the ratings....

More angry on that than i am about Atlantis TBH...
                            Honestly I feel the same. Syfy knew full well how hard it would be for even their best shows to go up against the primetime networks in the most competitive day's slot, but they threw Caprica and SGU at it anyway. And they're surprised viewership fell? Even as the critics were coming around and applauding the new season?
                            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

What's #2? Anger? When I saw this comment on that link - "It was crap anyways." - I punched my computer screen really hard.
                              Denial
                              Anger
                              Bargaining
                              Depression
                              Acceptance

Comment

Working...
                              X