Has Anyone Who Watched SG-1 Not Watched/DIdn't Like SGA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has Anyone Who Watched SG-1 Not Watched/DIdn't Like SGA

Have you/do you know anyone who watched SG-1 but didn't like/didn't watch SGA?

I'm the only person I know of who has watched all of SG-1 but only 3 episodes of SGA. I find SG-1 more enjoyable and would prefer to watch SG-1 rerun episodes than SGA episodes.

SGA is good too in its own right, but I prefer SG-1.

I also prefer sg1 but i still like atlantis even if it does annoy me sometimes.
    Last edited by chrono trigger; 06 November 2012, 07:39 AM.
    sigpic
    The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

I haven't even watched half of SGA's episodes. I know it's lame, but....

Comment

I started off on SG1, didn't even bother checking out Atlantis for ages. But then I happened to watch it, and actually got hooked...now it's a serious dilemma as to which is my favorite! They're both different shows with different styles and strengths, but I love them both as representations of the awesomeness that is the Stargate franchise
        sigpic
        "Operation this-will-most-likely-end-badly is a go" ~Lt Col John Sheppard

Comment

I prefer SG-1 because the cast is funnier. Nothing against the SGA cast I love them to death but you can't compete with RDA or Christopher Judge for the comedy side of SG. I like the SG-1 storylines better too but that's probably because I like ancient mythology more than vampire like aliens.

Comment

SG 1 is the original and the best. I do tend to divide it into two parts, 1-7 and 8-10. Part one waas better but the last seasons were still better than Atlantis.

I only started watching SGA this year. I recorded it off Sky and quickly got hooked. It's nothing if not entertaining, though it did lack the mythology parts I loved about early SG1.

Comment

I could never get into SGA. It shouldn't matter if you've seen one series in the franchise and not the other. Like with Star Trek; there are people who've seen The Next Generation & Deep Space Nine, but none of the others. There are a lot of combos for that franchise.

Comment

i perfer sg-1, but i love sga too .
                sigpic

Comment

I liked them both, and enjoyed them both, but SG-1 is my favorite, mainly because of Jack O'neill. My favorite SGA episode is The Return, Part 2, which is the O'neill episode!

I tried to continue on with Universe, but that was so different from SG-1 and SGA, I didn't care for it at all (tho, I did watch first season).

Comment

*raises hand*
                    I wasn't an avid SGA fan. The wraith never engaged my interest. I watched sporadically, but not enough to catch the whole storyline. Also McKay annoyed me
                    no means no, and so does pepper spray
                    Sig by The Carpenter
                    sigpic

Comment

sg-1 rules!!!!1 sga ok not as much of a must watch! sgu watching and hoping it gets better but its more o fa soap then a sci fi fix! just my opinion

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13277740719861

sigpic

Comment

I was the opposite ,watched all of SGA without ever seeing a full episode of SG-1 and i must admit the few times i caught a bit of an SG-1 episode i just thought it looked stupid ,i mean who would fly around in space in a pyramid
                        But now i like both shows just as much

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                          My favorite SGA episode is The Return, Part 2, which is the O'neill episode!
                          Did you know he's in four episodes?

1-1 "Rising"
                          3-6 "The Real World"
                          3-10 "The Return, Part 1"
                          3-11 "The Return, Part 2"

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel_ONeill View Post
                            Have you/do you know anyone who watched SG-1 but didn't like/didn't watch SGA?
                            *raises hand* Sure! And not just one person.

Personally I did see all episodes of SGA, albeit most only once. I never found it interesting enough to re-watch (bar a few eps), but I like the first two seasons. I used to be pretty indifferent about the last 3, but over past year certain people made me dislike it.

As to others, I know one person here on the forum who never watched SGA.

One of my best friends in RL, huge SG-1 season 1-8 fan, detests SGA and gave up watching sometime in season 3 (to be fair, he also detests SGU, although he keeps watching it)

My mom gave up watching mid-season 4. She doesn't dislike it, she just got bored with its repetitiveness.

I also know 3 casual SG-1 viewers who never bothered with SGA in the first place. I doubt they are even aware of its existence.

Umm..I think that's it.

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                            Did you know he's in four episodes?
                            1-1 "Rising"
                            3-6 "The Real World"
                            3-10 "The Return, Part 1"
                            3-11 "The Return, Part 2"
                            I'm pretty sure she knew. We Jack fans tend to know such things. Still, I agree with Lucycat that only The Return pt2 can be called "O'Neill episode". In Rising and The Return pt 1 he had only cameos and in TRW he was neither real nor "our" Jack.

Personally, my favourite SGA ep featuring Jack is "Rising".
                            There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                            sigpic
                            awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

I love SG1, I used to like SGA but after season 4 and especially 5 I grew to really dislike it that I can't even bring myself to watch any eps any more. Plus in the end every time McKay was on screen I wanted to shoot myself
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X