Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vampire Diaries vs. True Blood: What TV series sucks more blood???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vampire Diaries vs. True Blood: What TV series sucks more blood???

I have to be honest i occassionally watch Vampire Diaries but this season is kinda lame i hate seeing Nina Dobrev playing two characters Alaina or whatever her name is (?) and Katherine.

It's like she is bi-polar or something??? It would be better if they did a casting call for girls who looked similar or almost identical to Nina Dobrev in a sense.

Nina Dobrev fails at playing a evil, vixen who has a motif to kill and destroy others. I don't think she portrays Katherine as "superb" it's "okay" i have seen better "evil" characters on screen who can play these type of roles way better.

Moving on, I prefer True Blood because it has a mature content. Some people on imdb.com say "true blood is too intense form e and hardcore". Well, you must be a tween or a teenager if you think True Blood is too hardcore.

True Blood is the best vampire series on television. I am so tired of TV shows depicting high-schoolers in a small town "Vampire Diaries" is so similar to Twilight in depicting a small town and the whole high school environment.

Sheeeeshh! that gets boring! I am not a teen and i am not in highschool and i am tired of seeing ppl my age on screen playing "high-schoolers" that's why i watch "True Blood" the content is mature.

I have yet to watch the Vampire Dairies, but I did watch the first season of True Blood. And I'm sorry, but there was way too much pointless and useless nudity scenes. I honestly think True Blood is gross and disgusting, and that the books they are based on are much better. I usually like vampire/werewolf/supernatural stories on TV....but True Blood IMO is one of the most overrated TV shows around today if not the most overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
      too much pointless and useless nudity scenes
      Pointless nudity? Useless nudity? Does not compute.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I've only seen the "Vampire Diaries" & I like it. Most of the stuff I hear about "True Blood" makes me hesitant to watch it.

Comment

I honestly think True Blood is gross and disgusting
          Uhh.. they're vampires..

You'd rather see them kissing, cuddling and having pillow fights?

Comment

Originally posted by Mulder1975 View Post
            I have to be honest i occassionally watch Vampire Diaries but this season is kinda lame i hate seeing Nina Dobrev playing two characters Alaina or whatever her name is (?) and Katherine.

It's like she is bi-polar or something??? It would be better if they did a casting call for girls who looked similar or almost identical to Nina Dobrev in a sense.

Nina Dobrev fails at playing a evil, vixen who has a motif to kill and destroy others. I don't think she portrays Katherine as "superb" it's "okay" i have seen better "evil" characters on screen who can play these type of roles way better.

Moving on, I prefer True Blood because it has a mature content. Some people on imdb.com say "true blood is too intense form e and hardcore". Well, you must be a tween or a teenager if you think True Blood is too hardcore.

True Blood is the best vampire series on television. I am so tired of TV shows depicting high-schoolers in a small town "Vampire Diaries" is so similar to Twilight in depicting a small town and the whole high school environment.

Sheeeeshh! that gets boring! I am not a teen and i am not in highschool and i am tired of seeing ppl my age on screen playing "high-schoolers" that's why i watch "True Blood" the content is mature.
            First of all, Vampire Diaries started out as a very successful series of books about 20 years ago. Twilight unashamedly ripped them off. Now there's this new show obviously jumping on the Twilight bandwagon, which makes people think that Vampire Diaries is just another Twilight. It's not. The books are far better written, have better plots and characters and just are overall better than the Twilight books.

As for Elena, if the show is following the books' plotline (as I remember it), she is the reincarnation of Katherine. So they are, essentially, the same person. I'm pretty sure that's the final twist though forgive me if I'm wrong because I read them about 5 years ago.

I urge you to read the books, as they are great. Also, bipolar means manic depressive. You're thinking of MPD or multiple personality disorder. Bipolar people experience periods of mania and then depression.

True Blood is great, but I am, like you, getting pissed off with so many vampire shows. I'll stick with Buffy. As for why I like TB - I like because it's real. For me, although it can be silly, it shows what would happen if vampires appeared in the real world. It shows a lot of humanity's faults and also our graces. Also, yeah, so there's sex scenes. That's just part of the show. It's portraying different cultures - the daylit small town world vs the underground vampire world and all the stuff in between. And sex and nudity is a big part of both those worlds. Honestly I like that a series is skipping the now cliched scene switching at the right moment to replace euphemism with reality.
            ~Thanks to Achaja for my lovely birthday presents!!~

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              Pointless nudity? Useless nudity? Does not compute.

Originally posted by Pond Hopper View Post
              Uhh.. they're vampires..
              True Blood is more than just vampires, unless the later seasons don't follow the books. I like vampires, just don't like True Blood. Give me Underwold or Buffy anyday!

Comment

True Blood is more than just vampires, unless the later seasons don't follow the books.
                There are a lot more supernaturals as the series goes on.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I love True Blood, Buffy, Sanctuary but have not watched The Vampire Diaries, did not know that they were invented before Twilight.. so I may check them out. That means the Vampire Diaries were there before Buffy right? HOW CAN THAT BE?
                  sigpic

Comment

Yes, they were written before Buffy! LJ Smith really brought back the vamp craze, in the book world anyway, way back in 1991. So yeah. Unappreciated brilliance there. And the books are really very good - well written, suitably dark, plot and character driven... So much better than, IMO, the whiny crap of Twilight. I mean, it's not like TVD pretend to be anything more than teen vamp fic, but Smith is a great writer, much better than Meyers. I'd recommend TVD over Twilight any day.

Comment

I don't really think these two shows can be compared. They're completely different. One's obviously more... graphic than the other, and they both have a different approach on vampires. True Blood I think is more fantasy based (fairies, shapeshifters ect). With Vampire Diaries it's a straight Witch / Vampire / Werewolf thing.
                      sigpic
                      It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Originally posted by LiliJ View Post
                        Yes, they were written before Buffy! LJ Smith really brought back the vamp craze, in the book world anyway, way back in 1991. So yeah. Unappreciated brilliance there. And the books are really very good - well written, suitably dark, plot and character driven... So much better than, IMO, the whiny crap of Twilight. I mean, it's not like TVD pretend to be anything more than teen vamp fic, but Smith is a great writer, much better than Meyers. I'd recommend TVD over Twilight any day.
                        I would argue Interview with a vampire, the vampire Lestat and Queen of the Damned by Anne Rice did more than any other book or show to revive the interest in vampires.
                        sigpic
                        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Aerilon View Post
                          True Blood I think is more fantasy based (fairies, shapeshifters ect). With Vampire Diaries it's a straight Witch / Vampire / Werewolf thing.
                          I do hope you realized how completely asinine a distinction that sounds like when you were typing it

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                            I would argue Interview with a vampire, the vampire Lestat and Queen of the Damned by Anne Rice did more than any other book or show to revive the interest in vampires.
                            Yeah, back in the '70s. But that was 20 years before The Vampire Diaries novels, and in that time the interest in vampires cooled considerably. Smith's books won several awards (cba to find the exact ones now) and created a craze when they were first written.

Comment

Originally posted by LiliJ View Post
                              Yeah, back in the '70s. But that was 20 years before The Vampire Diaries novels, and in that time the interest in vampires cooled considerably. Smith's books won several awards (cba to find the exact ones now) and created a craze when they were first written.
                              Weeellll.....
                              Queen of the Damned didn't come out until '88 and then there was the "further adventures" of Lestat (tale of the body thief, memnoch, etc) which kept her works in the public eye.
                              sigpic
                              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Working...
                              X