Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smallville doing Stargate jokes ( In Season 9 and 10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smallville doing Stargate jokes ( In Season 9 and 10)

Has anybody else noticed the many Stargate references in Seasons 9 and 10 of smallville? Like the character played by our very own Daniel Jackson (Cant remember who he is in Smallville) Basically coming back to life over and over? And the desert scene with Him and Lois, when he gets touchy when Lois calls Ra a giant eagle head. xD

I think the biggest Stargate reference was getting Michael Shanks to play an archaeologist. Dying and being resurrected again was just the icing on the cake.

Ra being a giant Eagle head wouldn't be one, because Ra never wore an Eagle head (his Horus guards did).

sigpic

Comment

I dont think the people who write Smallville watch as much stargate as we do, and even if they do, im pretty sure that almost every little thing like that with Shanks was intended as a Stargate pun. After all, he did do 9 seasons of sg1, plus appearences in SGA and SGU, and it was his biggest television career (Unless theres some other fandom in which he spent more time? I dunno, im not a Micheal Shanks wiki)
      Just the look on his face when Lois says "He has the head of a parakeet."

Comment

I felt SmalleVille did pay homage to Stargate. Which is cool.

Comment

Oh yeah, definitly. Im not saying its a bad thing, infact, every little joke made me lauh a little. Its good to see a Show with 10 seasons like Smallville recognizing its superiors xD

Comment

I would think they would have done it on purpose because there are too many coincidences for them to be coincidences and surely if it were an accicent Ms would've noted them.

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
            "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
            a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

i don't think of it as a joke, more like a tribute!!!

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13277740719861

sigpic

Comment

Well he is playing Hawkman who is a DC character with a lot of Egypitian mythology in his background so it's less of a tribute and more of a simple convienience. That said I'm sure Shanks noticed the similarites but I doubt it was done simply as 'Stargate' tributes and jokes.
                sigpic
                Doci of the BAG

Comment

I never saw it being related to Stargate at all, just doing a spin on the comics.

Comment

Yeah, Hawkman's "I'm a pro at dying." line in Icarus had me cracking up. Oh, and some of his stuff with Green Arrow (like the "mega mark of darkness" bit) gave me Daniel/Jack flashbacks.

I'm sure I'll notice more stuff when I get to Season 9 (I've watched through Season 6, plus what's been aired of Season 10 and a couple other random episodes).

Comment

I think their just trying to annoy us since smallville is about to beat stargate for longest running sci fi series

Comment

Working...
                      X