Had that BSG feel to it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by haloplayer View Post
    Of course they are controlled by some sort of AI.
    Your words, not mine.
    "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
    - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered View Post
      It was never stated that the drone were robotic.
      No it wasn't but i guess if they're controlled by a control ship, which was stated you would have to assume they're some form of automaton, be it organic or mechanical, what does it matter anyway? it's been done before, and a lot better, by BSG.

Comment

These drones has less than 2 minutes on screen an we know precisely zero about them.

Saying it all been done before an better even before the writers get to tell there story is completely unfair.

An BSG handle the metal version of the Cylon extremely poorly an they were under use, in fact they were not use at all, even when they did create what could have been a interesting story, a slave race becoming independent of there masters, it was completly ignored storyline that was given like 10 second screen time in the last episode, an we suppose to believe that Cylon would float off into the stars an leave humanity alone an not take the opportunity to wipe them out once an for all. Instead we got the boring organics an religious arguments, which was boring an dull to watch. BSG did a poor job at story telling overall, an the metal cylons story was the worst.
        Last edited by knowles2; 11 December 2010, 02:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
          An BSG handle the metal version of the Cylon extremely poorly an they were under use, in fact they were not use at all, even when they did create what could have been a interesting story, a slave race becoming independent of there masters, it was completly ignored storyline that was given like 10 second screen time in the last episode, an we suppose to believe that Cylon would float off into the stars an leave humanity alone an not take the opportunity to wipe them out once an for all. Instead we got the boring organics an religious arguments, which was boring an dull to watch. BSG did a poor job at story telling overall, an the metal cylons story was the worst.
          Really? I found the metal Cylons to be pretty well developed. In fact the Raiders had an entire episode devoted to one of their own. Season 2 Episode 15 showed the Colonials trying to destroy a Raider known as Scar. The Raiders themselves can be resurrected just as the skinjobs can. After enough resurrections Scar became pissed that he kept being killed and became much better at killing. The Centurions were less developed, but I still felt that they were much better developed than most bad guys in other sci-fi shows.

Comment

please watch BSG and then come back to tell you were wrong.

-there are no metallic Cylons. the Centurions are flesh on the inside, so are the Raiders. Scar had an entire episode devoted to him. they acted intelligent in the Battle of the Ionian Nebula, choose to go their own way in Daybreak, etc etc etc. Gaius even tells one of God

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
              *snip*-there are no metallic Cylons. the Centurions are flesh on the inside,*snip*
              Which episode was that said/shown? I'm currently re-watching and would like to keep an eye out for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck32 View Post
                No it wasn't but i guess if they're controlled by a control ship, which was stated you would have to assume they're some form of automaton, be it organic or mechanical, what does it matter anyway? it's been done before, and a lot better, by BSG.
                And more then a few Scifi TV shows, movies, and literature
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Which episode was that said/shown? I'm currently re-watching and would like to keep an eye out for it.
                  i don't know. i just know that when they pump a bullet through them, we get lots of blood.

Season 4 shows the most of the cylons. they lobotomize the Raiders since the raiders refuse to attack the Final Five. the intelligence inhibiting chip is then removed from the Centurions by the Three's, Sixes and Eights. in The Hub Gaius tells a Centurion about God, and the Centurion is destroyed and leaks blood and what not.,

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                    i don't know. i just know that when they pump a bullet through them, we get lots of blood.

Season 4 shows the most of the cylons. they lobotomize the Raiders since the raiders refuse to attack the Final Five. the intelligence inhibiting chip is then removed from the Centurions by the Three's, Sixes and Eights. in The Hub Gaius tells a Centurion about God, and the Centurion is destroyed and leaks blood and what not.,
                    I guess I'll have to see how season 4 handles that. When Helo is stranded on Caprica with Sharon he shoots several Toasters and all it shows is holes in the heads/bodies.

Comment

Working...
                    X