Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Earth'sTechnological advantage against LA eroding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are Earth'sTechnological advantage against LA eroding?

The Lucian Alliance is believe to be planning an attack against Earth soon.
    What happen to all the Asgard ,Ancient technologies acquire over the years.

The Lucian Alliance are using Goa'uld technologies.
    They may have a lot more Goa'uld technologies than Earth.
    But Earth has the entire knowledge of the Asgard, a copy of Ancient database.The control of the Ancient City starship Atlantis.

We even have access to Wraith Technologies , a few capture Wraith Dart could give SGC the advantage of off world troop deployment. Using beaming buffer to store weapon , ammo , and troops .Easily travel through star gate , Earth troops can quickly secure offworld air space.

Earh also has leaning device can download a person's memories and experience into other people 's brain. They could train new pilot and scientist quickly .

The Lucian Alliance seems to be trainning new scientist as well. Children are send to their school and taught with the up to date Goa'uld technologies.
    Their education system can train competent scientist like Ginn.Gunn even manage to studies Ancient system for her mission to invade Destiny.
    Somehow the Lucian ALiiance also has access to some Ancient technologies. Like the device the LA force use to open Destiny's door
    Last edited by ckwongau; 08 December 2010, 11:50 PM.

Yes I think it's quite safe to say that the LA is trying its best to also pick up equipment and technologies from the ancients and they already have loads of the good stuff from the goa'uld.

People who don't consider the LA to be a credible threat are simply too short sighted.
    I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Slight correction. YES we have the asgard database.. BUT that does not mean we have all their knowledge. Like with any database it takes time to go through it. See Unending (Sg1 s10) see how long it took carter to go though to test what.. 4 theories out?

Comment

and Atlantis is like out of drones and so is the chair, so we can't use that

Comment

The chair still has drones, the chair was merely destroyed.

Comment

No, it isn't. It was refilled in "The Tower" and has hardly been used since. But I'd bet a part of the LA plan for the attack on Earth is taking over Atlantis during the opening phases of the attack. As for our weapons and shield technologies, it has to be pointed out that it's based on Asgard technology, which is far inferior to Ancient and, yes, Ori technology. There is no way the Asgard could have invented a beam weapon that could penetrate Ori shields through sheer strength. Chances are they scanned the Ori Cruisers during the Battle of the Supergate and learned that they used shield frequencies similar to that of the Ancients, and thus found a way past the shields.

That said, I don't think the Asgard beam weapons are anywhere near as powerful as people think, whereas the Lucian Alliance might have developed shield and weapons technology beyond what Earth is currently capable of. I mean, Anubis was able to upgrade a few Ha'tak to be more powerful than Beliskner-class warships. I don't think all of those ships were destroyed over Earth. And that's not counting what Ancient technology the LA might have gotten their hands on.

Comment

i don't think it's technology per se but rather understanding and comprehension. the LA is clearly catching up in the physics department, developing and gathering technologies to counter earth technologies, rather than matching them in raw power.

Comment

Originally posted by Aewon View Post
                As for our weapons and shield technologies, it has to be pointed out that it's based on Asgard technology, which is far inferior to Ancient and, yes, Ori technology. There is no way the Asgard could have invented a beam weapon that could penetrate Ori shields through sheer strength. Chances are they scanned the Ori Cruisers during the Battle of the Supergate and learned that they used shield frequencies similar to that of the Ancients, and thus found a way past the shields.
                Did you see how many hits did the shields take on AoT , or how efficient is the weapon against the hives and the Aurora

And comparing Tau'ri with the Lucian , well all can i say is that you can tell much about the evacuation method , let's compare the evacuation of Phoenix in 4x20 with the , oh i forgot the LA don't really escape ;
                sigpic
                Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
                StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
                GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Originally posted by Aewon View Post
                  No, it isn't. It was refilled in "The Tower" and has hardly been used since.
                  Did you see the finale of Atlantis, we used them all on the super hive ship

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                    Did you see the finale of Atlantis, we used them all on the super hive ship
                    Nowhere in the episode is that said to be true. They never even suggest that ammo is an issue. Even if they did, the drones at the Antarctic outpost could be transplanted.

Comment

Yep, even if Atlantis ran out of drones they could just add the ones from the destoryed chair in Area 51.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurluas View Post
                        The chair still has drones, the chair was merely destroyed.
                        BUt without the chair to control it, those are useless... since at this timme there is NO indication chairs can be moved from one site to another/control drones at a diff site.. Otherwise when Atlantis was here, they could have used IT to activate the drones from antartica (unless they need a physical connection)..

i don't think it's technology per se but rather understanding and comprehension. the LA is clearly catching up in the physics department, developing and gathering technologies to counter earth technologies, rather than matching them in raw power.
                        Agreed. They have our Lust for knowledge and power.. Plus with telford being a spy, whos to say tehy don't have others feeding them info from other aspects of our society..
                        Like 1 or two people in each company the SGC 'farms tech' out to for research.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                          BUT without the chair to control it, those are useless... since at this timme there is NO indication chairs can be moved from one site to another/control drones at a diff site.. [brake, BRAKE! Wait what?]
                          You must be having a mind block or a stroke. The Chair was moved from the Antarctica outpost to Area 51. Carter said so to Sheppard in EATG. And Atlantis controled the drones that where exchanged from the Tower otherwise she woudn't have near enough drones to fight the super-hive.
                          sigpic
                          - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

As i see it, the LA arent caught up with us just yet, i'd say the LA are to us, what we were to the Goa'uld in season 7/8, far behind but learning fast.

I have a feeling the LA are training scientists and troops and copying our methods, small teams to infiltrate and neutralize/secure (like Kiva's group heading to Destiny) the scientists are probably perfecting and boosting what they already know, although i doubt they will frontal assault Earth, it would be a massacre for them. I would say they are pumping out ships and forces to secure more of the galaxy to improve their collective power, which unfortunately they would wield against us only because we are their common threat.

I see the coming war as a galaxy wide cold war between us and the LA, continual build-up and development, covert strikes and intelligence gathering (as seen with the LA on Earth and having a hold over Telford) but that said, who knows what other technical specs Telford passed to the LA during his tenure as their inside man. That more than what the LA can do now, scares me.

There is also the old argument of quantity over quality and vice versa.

N.C

Comment

all they need are few cloaked cargo ships full of naquadah and bombs. Only an idiot would would use a frontal attack followed by a full scale invasion. Earth is very vulnerable against any kind of sneak attacks. Earth's technological advancements are uselless against LA
                              Stolen Kosovo
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X