Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Earth'sTechnological advantage against LA eroding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what earth needs is something else discovered from the asgard core that can detect cloaked ships w/o the ships knowing theyre being scanned [or very difficult to know].

merlins out of phase tech is like cloaking but we havent done that w/our 304s yet have we? i forget...anyway yeah some sort of cloak-intercepting radar would help in the short term.

long term advantages might only come w/convincing LA worker bees who theyre supporting and think twice about it which of course not going to be easy.

Comment

There could be a few things that could stop a sneak attack

1.Planetary shield , composed by many small shields bundled together ( not working if the jump out of hyperspace in the shield )
      2.Nanobotic minefield ( the same problem as the shield )
      3.Hyperspace jamming a device that would force any ship to drop out of hyperspace on a certain range around earth (aka a tiny Attero device that emits on a much larger band stopping all hyperspace windows ) that would require to move the gate to the moon and travel there with rings or asgard beaming , combine that with a planetary wide shield and you have a anti-clocked ships planet
      sigpic
      Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
      StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
      GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Asgard laser defense satelites??

Comment

Originally posted by webxro View Post
          There could be a few things that could stop a sneak attack

1.Planetary shield , composed by many small shields bundled together ( not working if the jump out of hyperspace in the shield )
          2.Nanobotic minefield ( the same problem as the shield )
          3.Hyperspace jamming a device that would force any ship to drop out of hyperspace on a certain range around earth (aka a tiny Attero device that emits on a much larger band stopping all hyperspace windows ) that would require to move the gate to the moon and travel there with rings or asgard beaming , combine that with a planetary wide shield and you have a anti-clocked ships planet
          I think everyone would be suspicious to see sudden flares in the sky when the planetary shield gets impacted, although they could pass it off as auroras....

Comment

Originally posted by blazingfire View Post
            I think everyone would be suspicious to see sudden flares in the sky when the planetary shield gets impacted, although they could pass it off as auroras....
            if you go for option 3 the altitude is to big to see something , if people didn't see the superhive exploding you won't see the shield hit
            sigpic
            Stargate Mods List

Comment

Originally posted by Steelbox View Post
              You must be having a mind block or a stroke. The Chair was moved from the Antarctica outpost to Area 51. Carter said so to Sheppard in EATG. And Atlantis controled the drones that where exchanged from the Tower otherwise she woudn't have near enough drones to fight the super-hive.
              BUT that was th same chair that was used.. not a diferent one. I was more on about do we know if chair X from pllace Y could be alternated in for chair B..

Being the Attero device that was made for that purpose was destoyed, and we had not much of a chance to go over it, i doubt we could recreate it. PLUS you do remember the side effect of it.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                Being the Attero device that was made for that purpose was destoyed, and we had not much of a chance to go over it, i doubt we could recreate it. PLUS you do remember the side effect of it.

that's why it has a limited range ( Earth ) and the SG is on the moon , the transport is made with a asgard beam , and the Attero was complicated and designed to jam a specific frequency galaxy-wide this is all the subspace frequencies and a very small range
                sigpic
                Stargate Mods List

Comment

That's always been an issue with these shows. There is no way to hide giant spacecraft in earth orbit (except with cloaks).

IMO, earth has to do something about cloaked LA Al-Kesh ships coming and going as they please. That is a worse threat than any big ships.
                  sigpic

Comment

that's why it has a limited range ( Earth ) and the SG is on the moon , the transport is made with a asgard beam , and the Attero was complicated and designed to jam a specific frequency galaxy-wide this is all the subspace frequencies and a very small range
                    You still don't suggest how they even go about making it..

Comment

Is it that hard to make something that jams every frequency, this means creating a device that transmits on all frequencies but on a limited range?If yes then jam only the goa'uld frequencies
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Mods List

Comment

The Attero device didn't jam frequencies. What it did was broadcast energy into subspace on the same frequency as Wraith hyperdrives, thereby destabilizing the window that forms during the jump. It'd be monumentally difficult to design something to transmit on every conceivable frequency, though admittedly getting the Goa'uld frequency would not be difficult, not to mention limiting its effective range to such a small area.

Comment

Is it that hard to make something that jams every frequency, this means creating a device that transmits on all frequencies but on a limited range?If yes then jam only the goa'uld frequencies
                          As an electronics technician who deals wih comms, radars, freqs and such Yes it is. Think of it like this.
                          For me to jam radio station XYZ, i have to A) match their freq, and B) match or exceed the power output they are on.
                          For me to jam all freqs in say a specific band at the same time, i not only have to meet A) but B) all at the same time. Which is why one of our Counter measures we use against jamming is called freq hopping/.

And do we know that the Gou'ald hyperdrives all operate on the same freq? Or that there IS a freq?

It'd be monumentally difficult to design something to transmit on every conceivable frequency, though admittedly getting the Goa'uld frequency would not be difficult, not to mention limiting its effective range to such a small area.
                          Plus it would also hurt the Tok'ra and the free Jaffa nation

Comment

Only around Earth at a range 120.000 km maximum so no harm is done unless it goes into the atmosphere , and what allies would want to sneak want to sneak around ?
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Mods List

Comment

Perhaps an alliance with the Ori would do the job. Between their ships, troops and their satellite technology which destroyed the Prometheus there would be a solid defense there. Not counting any new technology that them may be able to provide.

Comment

how about a radically different way: we provide help to the people of the galaxy.

Comment

Working...
                                X