Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Earth'sTechnological advantage against LA eroding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First, the Lucian Alliance doesn't know about Atlantis. Second, while the chair was moved to Area 51 the drone platform itself is still in Antarctica. Third, Atlantis has three near-fully charged ZPMs, its shield will be impenetrable to simple Goa'uld weapons fire. Fourth, we have 5 BC-304s with Asgard shields and weapons, plus one with a ZPM, more are probably already nearing completion as well. Fifth, Sam has already adapted our Arthur's Mantle to bring the entire planet out of phase and we have ZPMs to power it.

Comment

Originally posted by Aewon View Post
      No, it isn't. It was refilled in "The Tower" and has hardly been used since. But I'd bet a part of the LA plan for the attack on Earth is taking over Atlantis during the opening phases of the attack. As for our weapons and shield technologies, it has to be pointed out that it's based on Asgard technology, which is far inferior to Ancient and, yes, Ori technology. There is no way the Asgard could have invented a beam weapon that could penetrate Ori shields through sheer strength. Chances are they scanned the Ori Cruisers during the Battle of the Supergate and learned that they used shield frequencies similar to that of the Ancients, and thus found a way past the shields.

That said, I don't think the Asgard beam weapons are anywhere near as powerful as people think, whereas the Lucian Alliance might have developed shield and weapons technology beyond what Earth is currently capable of. I mean, Anubis was able to upgrade a few Ha'tak to be more powerful than Beliskner-class warships. I don't think all of those ships were destroyed over Earth. And that's not counting what Ancient technology the LA might have gotten their hands on.
      Just to counter the APW are a strength based weapon given they can cut through both Ancient Warships and Wraith ships

Comment

Originally posted by Aewon View Post
        No, it isn't. It was refilled in "The Tower" and has hardly been used since. But I'd bet a part of the LA plan for the attack on Earth is taking over Atlantis during the opening phases of the attack. As for our weapons and shield technologies, it has to be pointed out that it's based on Asgard technology, which is far inferior to Ancient and, yes, Ori technology. There is no way the Asgard could have invented a beam weapon that could penetrate Ori shields through sheer strength. Chances are they scanned the Ori Cruisers during the Battle of the Supergate and learned that they used shield frequencies similar to that of the Ancients, and thus found a way past the shields.

That said, I don't think the Asgard beam weapons are anywhere near as powerful as people think, whereas the Lucian Alliance might have developed shield and weapons technology beyond what Earth is currently capable of. I mean, Anubis was able to upgrade a few Ha'tak to be more powerful than Beliskner-class warships. I don't think all of those ships were destroyed over Earth. And that's not counting what Ancient technology the LA might have gotten their hands on.
        Asgard technology was not inferior to Ori tech. Unless you missed Unending, the Odyssey with new Asgard easily dispatched 2 Ori ships.

Originally posted by greenguywithlasereye View Post
        what earth needs is something else discovered from the asgard core that can detect cloaked ships w/o the ships knowing theyre being scanned [or very difficult to know].

merlins out of phase tech is like cloaking but we havent done that w/our 304s yet have we? i forget...anyway yeah some sort of cloak-intercepting radar would help in the short term.

long term advantages might only come w/convincing LA worker bees who theyre supporting and think twice about it which of course not going to be easy.
        Have we forgotten the fact that Atlantis could detect a jumper even while cloaked. I suggest you rewatch part III of The Seige where Weir and co. were monitoring John's flight, in a cloaked jumper carrying a nuke, into a hive ship.

Originally posted by Retro_Invasion View Post
        That's always been an issue with these shows. There is no way to hide giant spacecraft in earth orbit (except with cloaks).

IMO, earth has to do something about cloaked LA Al-Kesh ships coming and going as they please. That is a worse threat than any big ships.
        You seem to forget that an Asgard ship had NEVER been detected in Earth's orbit before and they were never cloaked.

Comment

Originally posted by SG-17 View Post
          First, the Lucian Alliance doesn't know about Atlantis. Second, while the chair was moved to Area 51 the drone platform itself is still in Antarctica. Third, Atlantis has three near-fully charged ZPMs, its shield will be impenetrable to simple Goa'uld weapons fire. Fourth, we have 5 BC-304s with Asgard shields and weapons, plus one with a ZPM, more are probably already nearing completion as well. Fifth, Sam has already adapted our Arthur's Mantle to bring the entire planet out of phase and we have ZPMs to power it.
          How do you know the LA doesn't know about atlantis? Since they had telford (an SG team leader) under control, who's to say they didn't have others under control inc some who had decent intel on atlantis..

The 3 ZPMs in atlantis were darn near drained after the battle with the super-hive..

Comment

Originally posted by SG-17 View Post
            To shift the entire planet out of phase would require a helluva cover story, unless you wanna reveal to the whole world that the Air Force has been running the stargate program for the last 12 years, and I don't think we're there yet.....

Comment

but would the planet KNOW of getting shifted if the mantal was activated??

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                but would the planet KNOW of getting shifted if the mantal was activated??
                I'd say yes, bc in the road not taken when the Ori were firing on earth and the beams passed right through the people being targeted, Area 51 and the SGC to name 2, you could clearly see the beams. I think it would be very hard to explain away goa'uld beams from ha'taks and possibly al'kesh and/or death gliders suddenly showing up and flying through random people.

Comment

Working...
                X