Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Major General

Default Re: Are Earth'sTechnological advantage against LA eroding?

Quote Originally Posted by Steelbox View Post
    You must be having a mind block or a stroke. The Chair was moved from the Antarctica outpost to Area 51. Carter said so to Sheppard in EATG. And Atlantis controled the drones that where exchanged from the Tower otherwise she woudn't have near enough drones to fight the super-hive.
    BUT that was th same chair that was used.. not a diferent one. I was more on about do we know if chair X from pllace Y could be alternated in for chair B..

3.Hyperspace jamming a device that would force any ship to drop out of hyperspace on a certain range around earth (aka a tiny Attero device that emits on a much larger band stopping all hyperspace windows ) that would require to move the gate to the moon and travel there with rings or asgard beaming , combine that with a planetary wide shield and you have a anti-clocked ships planet
    Being the Attero device that was made for that purpose was destoyed, and we had not much of a chance to go over it, i doubt we could recreate it. PLUS you do remember the side effect of it.

Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Being the Attero device that was made for that purpose was destoyed, and we had not much of a chance to go over it, i doubt we could recreate it. PLUS you do remember the side effect of it.

that's why it has a limited range ( Earth ) and the SG is on the moon , the transport is made with a asgard beam , and the Attero was complicated and designed to jam a specific frequency galaxy-wide this is all the subspace frequencies and a very small range

Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
    StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
    GW member infractions : 1

That's always been an issue with these shows. There is no way to hide giant spacecraft in earth orbit (except with cloaks).

IMO, earth has to do something about cloaked LA Al-Kesh ships coming and going as they please. That is a worse threat than any big ships.

Major General

Quote Originally Posted by webxro View Post
    that's why it has a limited range ( Earth ) and the SG is on the moon , the transport is made with a asgard beam , and the Attero was complicated and designed to jam a specific frequency galaxy-wide this is all the subspace frequencies and a very small range
    You still don't suggest how they even go about making it..

Is it that hard to make something that jams every frequency, this means creating a device that transmits on all frequencies but on a limited range?If yes then jam only the goa'uld frequencies

Stargate Mods List

The Attero device didn't jam frequencies. What it did was broadcast energy into subspace on the same frequency as Wraith hyperdrives, thereby destabilizing the window that forms during the jump. It'd be monumentally difficult to design something to transmit on every conceivable frequency, though admittedly getting the Goa'uld frequency would not be difficult, not to mention limiting its effective range to such a small area.

Major General

Quote Originally Posted by webxro View Post
    Is it that hard to make something that jams every frequency, this means creating a device that transmits on all frequencies but on a limited range?If yes then jam only the goa'uld frequencies
    As an electronics technician who deals wih comms, radars, freqs and such Yes it is. Think of it like this.
    For me to jam radio station XYZ, i have to A) match their freq, and B) match or exceed the power output they are on.
    For me to jam all freqs in say a specific band at the same time, i not only have to meet A) but B) all at the same time. Which is why one of our Counter measures we use against jamming is called freq hopping/.

And do we know that the Gou'ald hyperdrives all operate on the same freq? Or that there IS a freq?

It'd be monumentally difficult to design something to transmit on every conceivable frequency, though admittedly getting the Goa'uld frequency would not be difficult, not to mention limiting its effective range to such a small area.
    Plus it would also hurt the Tok'ra and the free Jaffa nation

Only around Earth at a range 120.000 km maximum so no harm is done unless it goes into the atmosphere , and what allies would want to sneak want to sneak around ?

Stargate Mods List

Probie

Perhaps an alliance with the Ori would do the job. Between their ships, troops and their satellite technology which destroyed the Prometheus there would be a solid defense there. Not counting any new technology that them may be able to provide.

how about a radically different way: we provide help to the people of the galaxy.

First, the Lucian Alliance doesn't know about Atlantis. Second, while the chair was moved to Area 51 the drone platform itself is still in Antarctica. Third, Atlantis has three near-fully charged ZPMs, its shield will be impenetrable to simple Goa'uld weapons fire. Fourth, we have 5 BC-304s with Asgard shields and weapons, plus one with a ZPM, more are probably already nearing completion as well. Fifth, Sam has already adapted our Arthur's Mantle to bring the entire planet out of phase and we have ZPMs to power it.
    Owner of SWBFII.COM, a Star Wars Battlefront II fan and community site.

Find me on TrekBBS and NeoGAF with the same username and avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Aewon View Post
    No, it isn't. It was refilled in "The Tower" and has hardly been used since. But I'd bet a part of the LA plan for the attack on Earth is taking over Atlantis during the opening phases of the attack. As for our weapons and shield technologies, it has to be pointed out that it's based on Asgard technology, which is far inferior to Ancient and, yes, Ori technology. There is no way the Asgard could have invented a beam weapon that could penetrate Ori shields through sheer strength. Chances are they scanned the Ori Cruisers during the Battle of the Supergate and learned that they used shield frequencies similar to that of the Ancients, and thus found a way past the shields.

That said, I don't think the Asgard beam weapons are anywhere near as powerful as people think, whereas the Lucian Alliance might have developed shield and weapons technology beyond what Earth is currently capable of. I mean, Anubis was able to upgrade a few Ha'tak to be more powerful than Beliskner-class warships. I don't think all of those ships were destroyed over Earth. And that's not counting what Ancient technology the LA might have gotten their hands on.
    Just to counter the APW are a strength based weapon given they can cut through both Ancient Warships and Wraith ships

First Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by Aewon View Post
    No, it isn't. It was refilled in "The Tower" and has hardly been used since. But I'd bet a part of the LA plan for the attack on Earth is taking over Atlantis during the opening phases of the attack. As for our weapons and shield technologies, it has to be pointed out that it's based on Asgard technology, which is far inferior to Ancient and, yes, Ori technology. There is no way the Asgard could have invented a beam weapon that could penetrate Ori shields through sheer strength. Chances are they scanned the Ori Cruisers during the Battle of the Supergate and learned that they used shield frequencies similar to that of the Ancients, and thus found a way past the shields.

That said, I don't think the Asgard beam weapons are anywhere near as powerful as people think, whereas the Lucian Alliance might have developed shield and weapons technology beyond what Earth is currently capable of. I mean, Anubis was able to upgrade a few Ha'tak to be more powerful than Beliskner-class warships. I don't think all of those ships were destroyed over Earth. And that's not counting what Ancient technology the LA might have gotten their hands on.
    Asgard technology was not inferior to Ori tech. Unless you missed Unending, the Odyssey with new Asgard easily dispatched 2 Ori ships.

Quote Originally Posted by greenguywithlasereye View Post
    what earth needs is something else discovered from the asgard core that can detect cloaked ships w/o the ships knowing theyre being scanned [or very difficult to know].

merlins out of phase tech is like cloaking but we havent done that w/our 304s yet have we? i forget...anyway yeah some sort of cloak-intercepting radar would help in the short term.

long term advantages might only come w/convincing LA worker bees who theyre supporting and think twice about it which of course not going to be easy.
    Have we forgotten the fact that Atlantis could detect a jumper even while cloaked. I suggest you rewatch part III of The Seige where Weir and co. were monitoring John's flight, in a cloaked jumper carrying a nuke, into a hive ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro_Invasion View Post
    That's always been an issue with these shows. There is no way to hide giant spacecraft in earth orbit (except with cloaks).

IMO, earth has to do something about cloaked LA Al-Kesh ships coming and going as they please. That is a worse threat than any big ships.
    You seem to forget that an Asgard ship had NEVER been detected in Earth's orbit before and they were never cloaked.

Major General

Quote Originally Posted by SG-17 View Post
    First, the Lucian Alliance doesn't know about Atlantis. Second, while the chair was moved to Area 51 the drone platform itself is still in Antarctica. Third, Atlantis has three near-fully charged ZPMs, its shield will be impenetrable to simple Goa'uld weapons fire. Fourth, we have 5 BC-304s with Asgard shields and weapons, plus one with a ZPM, more are probably already nearing completion as well. Fifth, Sam has already adapted our Arthur's Mantle to bring the entire planet out of phase and we have ZPMs to power it.
    How do you know the LA doesn't know about atlantis? Since they had telford (an SG team leader) under control, who's to say they didn't have others under control inc some who had decent intel on atlantis..

The 3 ZPMs in atlantis were darn near drained after the battle with the super-hive..

First Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by SG-17 View Post
    To shift the entire planet out of phase would require a helluva cover story, unless you wanna reveal to the whole world that the Air Force has been running the stargate program for the last 12 years, and I don't think we're there yet.....

Major General

but would the planet KNOW of getting shifted if the mantal was activated??

First Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    but would the planet KNOW of getting shifted if the mantal was activated??
    I'd say yes, bc in the road not taken when the Ori were firing on earth and the beams passed right through the people being targeted, Area 51 and the SGC to name 2, you could clearly see the beams. I think it would be very hard to explain away goa'uld beams from ha'taks and possibly al'kesh and/or death gliders suddenly showing up and flying through random people.