• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marionette (309)

Visit the Episode GuideFRINGE SEASON THREE
    MARIONETTE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 309

The theft of a heart from a transplant recipient sends the Fringe team in search of a man attempting to rebuild the original donor. Olivia and Peter assess their relationship in light of recent events.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 12 March 2014, 01:39 PM.

Anna Torv is a veritable acting goddess. Kthxbai.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Very good episode. When I first realized it was going to be a 'monster of the week' style episode, I kind of lost interest. But it ended up being really quite good. Reminded me of some of the really creepy episodes of The X-Files, particularly when the guy was making her dance

Couple other things:
      - awesome to finally see Astrid in a truly useful role
      - thought it odd that Broyles identified himself as Col. Broyles on the phone--wasn't he only a Colonel 'over there'?
      - Anna Torv was great, especially at the end
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Another stellar episode IMO. This season continues to impress. My wife liked the episode, but it totally creeped her out.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
          Another stellar episode IMO. This season continues to impress. My wife liked the episode, but it totally creeped her out.
          I concur! Like I said in some other threads...Olivia and Peter's situation makes me sad. I hope that Olivia is able to work through her demons.
          sigpic

Comment

Fringe (97% coverage)
            - 4.738 million viewers
            - 2.8/4 HH
            - 1.7/5 A18-49

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              - thought it odd that Broyles identified himself as Col. Broyles on the phone--wasn't he only a Colonel 'over there'?
              *gasp* Maybe Olivia's in another alternate reality?
              Naaah. Maybe he still holds the rank? Or used as extra 'oomph' in his 'intimidate' attempt.

Great, if creepy, episode. Tho' the end result of the 'resurrection' was rather predictable (that he'd be able to animate her, but not much else: I kept on wondering how the 'villain' would deal w/ the 'soul' aspect of the dead when it pretty much pointed to re-animation. I guess he didn't... )
              sigpic

Comment

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! The observer is back! That was some powerful acting out of Olivia, I really feel bad for her. She went through all that and comes here to find out that? She's really in a dark place right now. I didn't really like the frankenstein story since there was almost no crazy wackiness except for the high creepy factor. But it was cool. Nice to have the occasional one off episode. Olivia looks great with that hair.

Side note, I really wanna set this as my sig, but it's too big and too large of a file and doesn't have a little token "Fringe" logo in the corner.
                http://oi51.tinypic.com/2qasd94.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
                  YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! The observer is back!
                  Yes and what the hell did he mean by "still alive" and which one of the Bishops' was he talking about?

aaaarrrrggggghhhh!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                    Yes and what the hell did he mean by "still alive" and which one of the Bishops' was he talking about?

aaaarrrrggggghhhh!
                    He was looking at Walter, so I presume he meant him.

I loved Olivias look at her Tattoo. I knew it would bother her or even make trouble at some point. For example she could fall back to think that she belongs on the other side.

One way or the other I love this Season.
                    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Another great episode this week. Like every episodes this season this episode deal at the same time with a case and with the fall out of the continuous storylines and character arcs. Contrary to every other episodes this season, I think the episode case suffer a bit. While other episodes this season all dealt with the continuous storylines and evolving mythology. This week the episode case could have been stronger and more emotional or dramatic.

What I like about Fringe, especially true this season, is that it seems almost every characters had a story to tell. Milo dealing with his new intelligence and wanting to stay that way. There was great scenes between him and his caring sisters (another character who got a story to tell). In the shape shifters episodes both the senator wife with her guilt about not having noticing the differences and the policeman shapeshifter who became attached to his temporary family had a story to tell. Even in Entrada, in which the case and continuous storyline were the same had a little story about the typewriter and them having promising him new legs. I was touched and surprised when they actually restored his legs. I expected them to kill him since his usefulness to them was over and they are some sort of villains. This time the motivation of the "puppeteer" are less clear. The exact nature of the relation with the revived girl are not clear either. The ballet scene didn't come naturally from the story same as the one where he looks into her eyes to realize something was gone. But that's small criticism for another great episode.

For me it's the same reason why I appreciated The lost Room better than Warehouse 13 at least dramatically. In The Lost Room care was taking to show the effect of the objects on its current owners, the dependancy and what led them to those objects in the first place.

Still overall the story is interesting with someone having to harvest donated organs to revive and hang on to the corpse of someone he loved and respected, then realizing that something (the soul?) is gone. At the end there was some nice parallel with the drama going on in Olivia's life.

Nobody else find that disturbing that Walter can determine if the remains of cremated humans ash are real or not just by tasting it.

The bigger part of the story was certainly Olivia coming back into our universe and having to deal with the consequences of someone stealing her life. The scenes between Peter and Olivia while foreseeable where intense, real and dramatic. I think they did a pretty good job at showing both characters motivations and point of view. During the episode there was a distance and palatable tension between them even in unrelated scenes. Anna Torv acting was again top notch. She deserves an emmy for her acting this season.

There was also many other great scenes. One of it with Olivia and Broyles where she tells him she made a promise to someone in the other universe she want to fulfill. As the conversation goes on, it becomes clear that Broyles knows who that person is.

I also love the Walter line about Olivia taking the news of Peter sleeping with altlivia well as a hint she may not be her real self again and been replaced by a robot. That would indeed be the only other explanation if it were true.

The scene where Olivia is going through her clothes and bed sheets all spoiled by the other Olivia was pretty powerful too, with Peter's shirt still in the washing machine being the last nail in the emotional coffin of confusion and sadness going through her minds.

A nice a question of identity here from her perceptive. What are you and what is your relation with the world if when somebody entirely different from you can take over your life without anybody noticing? Even your lover and friends?

The other side is also interesting too. At one point is somebody changing too much must you begin to wonder if she's not herself anymore? Can't we be allowed to change? In love, for better or worse...what about for "a completely different personality"?

Can't wait until January. Who decided people don't watch TV with the family during the holidays anyway.

9/10
                      Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

It is great to know we will be seeing more of the Observers soon.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

aaaarrrrggggghhhh!
                          I think he could mean Peter. Because Peter actually died...but that's just my gut feeling.

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                          He was looking at Walter, so I presume he meant him.

I loved Olivias look at her Tattoo. I knew it would bother her or even make trouble at some point. For example she could fall back to think that she belongs on the other side.

One way or the other I love this Season.
                          I love this season as well as the first 2
                          sigpic

Comment

At least we don't have a 4 month wait to find out what happens next...

Comment

At least we don't have a 4 month wait to find out what happens next...
                              I know...right!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X