This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith Origins (SPOILERS beware)

The following is littered with spoilers ("the gift") so continue at your own prefrence.

We now know where the wraith come from, for the most part. First and formost I will point out that there is a slight bit of controversy in the following around what was said in Rising and what we know now.

The wraith come from pegasus or rather they can trace part of their DNA to pegasus the other part is ... drum roll ... Human. Yes Human, not ancient or lantean, but seeded human. That is the discovery made by Dr. Weir.

The lanteans seeded a world (possibly several worlds) that had those bugs from "thirty-eight minutes", the bugs fed on the humans and somehow intigrated human genitcs into their own... you are what you eat.

As the Ancients were somewhat pushing the evolutionary process its possible that is how the wraith became such a threat. They were both manipulated by ancients and had access to ancient tech, science etc. early on in their evolution. They became a backwards derivative of the ancient process and human (+ bug) evolution.

So basically they’re kind of a splicing of humans and those parasitic bug things, a mixing that occurred naturally. You know what I’d really like to see, a throwback Wraith. A possible midway point in the evolution of the species, dumb, parasitic humanoids with black and red exoskeletons. I’d be cool if the team tried to further investigate the origins of their enemy and they landed on a possible cradle-world for the Wriath teeming with these Cave-Wraiths.

Comment

Also, the information given in The Gift doesn't explain where the Wraith got their advanced technology from. Afterall, according to the hologram from the Rising, the Wraith had a power equal to the Lantians.

But this does neatly explain why the Wraith have a humanoid form, especially for a race from another galaxy
      sigpic
      http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

I have to say that is very interesting, explains why the Wraith suck the life force of people, which is what the bug did to Sheppard in thirty eight minutes. I think that the team should catch one of the bugs and try to find out possible weaknesses and ways of killing it biologically and use it against the Wraith since they originate from this bug.
        There is no spoon

Free your mind

Comment

Wraith Tech seem very different from the lantean. From the humans eyes, wraith tech is primitive but its not. i think Wraith Tech is equally impressive as the lantean tech.

Comment

Originally posted by sppeters
            The following is littered with spoilers ("the gift") so continue at your own prefrence.

We now know where the wraith come from, for the most part. First and formost I will point out that there is a slight bit of controversy in the following around what was said in Rising and what we know now.

The wraith come from pegasus or rather they can trace part of their DNA to pegasus the other part is ... drum roll ... Human. Yes Human, not ancient or lantean, but seeded human. That is the discovery made by Dr. Weir.

The lanteans seeded a world (possibly several worlds) that had those bugs from "thirty-eight minutes", the bugs fed on the humans and somehow intigrated human genitcs into their own... you are what you eat.

As the Ancients were somewhat pushing the evolutionary process its possible that is how the wraith became such a threat. They were both manipulated by ancients and had access to ancient tech, science etc. early on in their evolution. They became a backwards derivative of the ancient process and human (+ bug) evolution.
            If that's true, it's quite sad and a poor cop out. It would have been so much more interesting had the Wraith been an advanced species that existed in the Pegasus galaxy before the Ancients. This is really a massive blow to me. What a pathethic lame piece of crap to do.

Comment

Well it follows the pattern that everything is connected to Earth. Boring idea imo.

Comment

I agree that it would've been neater had the Wraith predated the Lanti's arrival in Pegasus. I'd always thought that since the hologram stated that the galaxy appeared the be devoid of life that the Wraith had over-fed themselves and culled the entire population to zero.

But I'm still at a loss as to how the Wraith, who are now proven to be younger than the Ancients, could possibly have access to technology that rivals the Lanti, as stated by that hologram.
                sigpic

Comment

And how the Ancients managed not only to not detect them, but allowed them to build ships and reproduce to such insane numbers. I guess 50 million years of knowledge doesn't make you leave a observer drone or whatever behind.

Comment

Well, considering the wraith basically uses ancient's language, who knows what else they are using.

As for reproduction, they are part bugs right? as far as we know they could lay millions of eggs. Just like bugs

I also have the feeling in later season the Atlantis team will find the wraith's homeworld, so to speak, and shed more light on how wraith got to the way they are.

Comment

Originally posted by LordAnubis
                      If that's true, it's quite sad and a poor cop out. It would have been so much more interesting had the Wraith been an advanced species that existed in the Pegasus galaxy before the Ancients. This is really a massive blow to me. What a pathethic lame piece of crap to do.
                      I agree completely. This is crap.

Comment

Originally posted by LordAnubis
                        I agree. The Wraith being nothing more than a screw up of the Ancients is kind of disappointing IMO. I much prefer the idea that they were already in Pegasus and that they had gone nuts and eaten all life there long ago, and that's why the galaxy seemed lifeless to the Ancients. The way it is now is just....boring.
                        MCKAY: We need the Zed PM to power the Gate.

O'NEILL: What?

JACKSON: ZPM. He's Canadian.

O'NEILL: I'm sorry.

Comment

I'm not that surprised about the Wraith/Ancient connection... I almost expected it actually... hence I'm not as "annoyed" as some of you seem to be. Come on, with a name like "Wraith"... it's just begging for LOTR comparisons.
                          The Hologram Lady did say that the galaxy was devoid of life when they first arrived and she also said that the Wraith were many. Well, guess what, sometimes more is really more...

As for the other points some of you have raised, honestly, we don't really know all that much more than the crumbs that they've just fed us. A number scenarios spring to mind but they'll just be speculation.
                          sigpic
                          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                            we don't really know all that much more than the crumbs that they've just fed us. A number scenarios spring to mind but they'll just be speculation.
                            That's probably the whole idea, I suspect.
                            sigpic

Comment

theyre not "Lanteans"

Its awefully similar to the Go'ould dont you think.

Bug like parasite on a planet, could be intelligent and what not, melds its DNA with a human and creates a wraith (over millions of years) and eventually theyre space fairing and Deadly. Just like the Go'ould.

Eel like parasite on planet, could be intelligent already, blends with a Unas and over "time" become space faring and Deadly.

Interesting, it really is. Although I wouldve liked it to be Wraith in galaxy already just sleeping, one day Ancients trip over a sleeping wraith and wake em all up. Ancients not being numerous end up retreating thinking all the galaxy is lost.
                              The Corps is Mother, The Corps is Father

Comment

Working...
                              X