This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for others going to Vancouver in April

Hey never been to a convention before and have no one to go with. Bought the gold package, coming up from Seattle and got room in my car for three others, if anyone would like to join me. Would also love any advice from those who have been there, I want to dress up and any advice would be fab. Thanks!

"Oh honey you just can't seem to walk into a room quietly can you?" -Michael Shanks Chicago Con 08

The Universe is Mad
    Photobucket

I'd suggest you post in the Vancouver Creation Con thread. That is where any plans for a GW meetup will be made, plus you might find people needing a ride there too. It is in this folder.
    sigpic

Comment

I think she already posted there but didn't receive an answer.

Comment

Ah I see.
        sigpic

Comment

Yep sure ya betcha...I did post there and haven't yet recieved any answer so I decided to make my own thread in the hopes that it might garner some attention. So many threads, so little time for little ole me.

"Oh honey you just can't seem to walk into a room quietly can you?" -Michael Shanks Chicago Con 08

The Universe is Mad
          Photobucket

Comment

Hey Erin! I'm also a first-time attender with the gold pkg, but coming from Oregon so will probably fly to Vancouver. So far, all the "veterans" have been very welcoming to me and I'm sure they will be to you too. I'll look forward to meeting you and maybe we can try to figure out how things work at the convention together.

Blessings!
            OregonJen

Thanks for the VanCon sig, Nathan!

Comment

Hi Erin, there is a post in the actual Creation thread inviting anyone who is going to the con in April to join us for dinner on at least one night. If you would like to come you're more than welcome just add your name to the list in the Creation thread.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Oh well then I guess I will meet all of you up there. If anyone needs a ride from the airport up there and would like to ditch the rental, I would be more than happy to play taxi. I have many friends in Vancouver, have been there many times and don't mind playing tourguide. I will be staying with a friend who is from there and anything I don't know, I know he can answer. As far as the Creation thread goes, Shipperahoy, I already posted in that thread, so I think word will get around that I would love to come out to dinner with you all.

Any advice from convention vets? Should I dress up, or is that too much? Whatcha think?

The Universe is Mad
                Photobucket

Comment

Yes, I'd like to hear some advice too - any important tips you wish you had known at your first con?
                  OregonJen

Thanks for the VanCon sig, Nathan!

Comment

Hey Erin,

I had thought about going to the convention but didn't know of any local Stargate geeks to go with(I'm in the Seattle area, too). Do you know if it's too late to sign up? I'll have to go hunt down the link somewhere...
                    Last edited by Teshka; 20 January 2005, 10:39 PM.

Comment

No you can still buy tickets, you can even buy the gold package tickets, which is what I have. Totally worth the price to, I think and others that are convention vets seem to think so too.

But yes, there are many Stargate geeks from the Seattle area. come and be geeky with us. If you buy tix we can carpool up! Geeks rule!

The Universe is Mad
                      Photobucket

Comment

Did someone say Stargate geeks? I plan on going to the Vancouver event but I've been waiting for other ticket prices to pop up. So far I haven't seen any.

Love the Lorne | The F.O.R.D shall rule the earth.... | Fly boys do it in the air
                        Quirk - The Paul McGillion fanlisting | Grace - The Rachel Luttrell fanlisting

Comment

I'm also in the Seattle area (well, Bellevue, but close enough). I don't even know if I'm going to the con, but it sounds a lot of fun and it'd be great if I met up with other geeks from Seattle in Vancouver!
                          DANIEL: "What're you doing?"
                          JACK: "Thinking, Daniel. Don't worry about it too much."

Comment

Woah, wait... which con are we talking about here? I live in Vancouver and I havn't heard of a Stargate convention. I hope it doesn't clash with my travel plans for the Sakuracon Anime convention in Seattle during April! X_X

Comment

There is an official Stargate convention in vancouver April 15-17th. Go check out http://www.creationent.com/ for all the details! I don't know if it conflicts with Sakuracon...thats something my hubby would know, he's the anime fan...

The Universe is Mad
                              Photobucket

Comment

Working...
                              X