So I just caught up on the show, thoughts from a newcomer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    Oh I'm sure we will. With the build over the first two seasons of 'over here vs over there', and now the seeds of dissent planted among the agents of 'over there', I can't imagine not seeing them again

I gotta say though, setting up 'alternates' as your series villain is a stroke of bloody genius
    I think the real stroke of genius is instead of simply having the alternates self wearing "black suits" and wear their evil face. They made them multilayered full fledged people. Personally, I wished they would have keep up the alternating stories between the 2 worlds with new plot developments and inter linkages for a longer time this season. But considering how much they have developed the alternate characters and universe I have no doubt we will see much more of them.
    Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
      I think the real stroke of genius is instead of simply having the alternates self wearing "black suits" and wear their evil face. They made them multilayered full fledged people. Personally, I wished they would have keep up the alternating stories between the 2 worlds with new plot developments and inter linkages for a longer time this season. But considering how much they have developed the alternate characters and universe I have no doubt we will see much more of them.
      I agree with you. Fringe is awesome!
      sigpic

Comment

Here you go!

They haven't updated since 6955 kHz, but it's a pretty exhaustive list/screenshot set otherwise
        Oh my life that's awesome thanks!

Actually the "out of series" sightings bit reminds me of one of those "I wish the world would open up and swallow me" moments, it's the NASCAR one and I was sitting there watching it in a crowd of racing fans and saw the observer, jumped up pointing at the screen and shouted "an observer!", everybody in the room looked at me like I was some kind of lunatic, apart from one person who was laughing - well at least one person knew what I was on about

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
          I agree with you. Fringe is awesome!
          That, my friend, is an understatement.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
            That, my friend, is an understatement.
            Yes, yes it is...forgive my inadequate praise!
            sigpic

Comment

I agree with your season 1 assessment that Astrid was underused but Charlie I think was natural that he would be only a supporting character.

I differ a bit on season 3 because I think they've done that really well and it's hard for me to say that because, as I said on a different Fringe thread, I really struggle with situations where we know big things that the main chars aren't aware of. As a result the whole shapeshifter Charlie (same concept) and especially the Altivia over here thing deeply irritated me but yet they did it so well I couldn't find a way to fault it.

Now we have everything back in place and so much potential for the show to go forward. I know what you mean about the observers, the sort of chars that will always appeal to me but to be honest they have done well to underplay them. If you focus too much on a powerful / exciting 'race' like that then they would tend to take over the narrative and the show is about the Fringe team not the observers.

The weapon will build in more, I think that's part of the big arc of the series. Aliens,well I don't think they're ever going to really be a part of this. And Rachel / Ella I don't have a problem with how they've been handled. Really they were just a way to humanise Olivia and to play off the Peter-Olivia sexual tension (at least as I saw it) so I can see that in a way they're no longer needed, at least for now.

All in all a top show and it seems that for whatever troubles you have about the series there's clearly enough interesting you to make you another Fringe fan with the rest of us
              "There is only one universe. It can only contain one life. It is me." - MorningLightMountain

Comment

I guess we'll learn more about the Observers when we'll find out more about the First people/humans. Anna Torv said in one interview she's looking forward to it
                Stolen Kosovo
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                  I guess we'll learn more about the Observers when we'll find out more about the First people/humans. Anna Torv said in one interview she's looking forward to it
                  As am I. This should be fun to watch.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I got the 2nd season of Fringe for Christmas. I didn't realize how much the Observers were in the season. Have you guys seen these?

Observer on American Idol

Observer at MBL Allstar game

Observer from at NASCAR

Observers at NFL football game

Fringe Obsever Mashup
                    sigpic

Comment

They sure do get around
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm very very glad that he's dead and that in RL he and Torv are now divorced, so the odds of having to see him again are very slim
                        That's mean. They chose to marry each other and all you think about is that you're glad they got divorced so you don't have to worry about him being on your TV screen. Do you think all family members of a cast and crew have to be on the show? It's up to the writers and producers how the show progresses and that character obviously wasn't needed after season one.

I for one am sadden to here their marriage ended so quick. But I will not rejoice it for petty reasons.

The Rachel/Ella thing bugs the crap out of me. I loved the way they were a part of Season 1, they gave so much colour to the live of Olviia. I liked how they had their own story outside of the Fringe mythos, and I enjoyed how they seemed to be building toward a Peter/Rachel romance. And then....they vanished. And then Rachel recently gets a passing mention of having moved to Chicago 'because her husband took a job there'? The husband she was estranged from and crying over his trying to take custody of their daughter from her last time we saw her? Come on, what the hell kind of resolution is that?
                        I never saw the Peter/Olivia thing happening, it just happened. It felt forced. Rachel and Peter had a solid chemistry going for them.

It could be that the actress(s) had issues behind the scenes. Scheduling conflicts, etc.

Comment

Necro-thread, RISE!
                          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                          X