'Hallowed Turf'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Choo1701 View Post
    Er..yeah, if i could REMEBER it. Properly a long time ago and the sketch has been long recycled.

ah, dangit!! oh, well; we can still use our imagination in the meantime

AND, after a long (unplanned *groan*) summer hiatus, new pages of Hallowed Turf will return in October! (Around tea time... )
    Okay, its not exactly a new page, but how about some pretty colourful doodles?

btw: Aragon do you remember this "Cathredroship" you brought up? Did I ever send you a picture or something? Because I simply can't remember it. (Now the 'seeder ships' from Dark Frontier. Hehe. I remember the talks about that. Those were fun ideas!)
    that's still pretty damn cool

what race did the Seeder Ships belong to in DF?
    If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
    [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Originally posted by StargateWatcher View Post
      that's still pretty damn cool

what race did the Seeder Ships belong to in DF?
      The Alterrans who'd sent out seeder ships and Destiny into the galaxy. They're long gone, but their mixed race descendants used it as a temple and base of operations.

Choo is just pleased that he gave me some good ideas about the scene in question. The Seeder Ship is supposed to look similar to the Goa'uld outpost from "Summit" except larger, more ancienty, and with racks of Stargates.

This was of course before we saw the seeder ship in SGU.
      Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
      Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
      Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Hallowed Turf

Yes, Hallowed Turf is STILL ALIVE and there's FINALLY a script for the next act (with staples and everything!) I'm finally confident that I'm portraying the story ideas well. So HUZZAH for that!

The plan is to draw the 'middle' pages of the act and work my way backward and forwards, so I have a buffer when I post, but that will take weeks to sort out, so the comic is still 'on hold' for a bit longer. In the mean time I've got a couple of 'concept pieces' scanned in to help me get back into the digital rhythm, so they should be up in the next couple of weeks.

If I can win the fight with the shading ....
        Rest of the blog on my DA account here.

Been an interesting six months *cough cough* and you know what? I'm happy with my artwork. It's just I still can't write my way out of a paper bag.

Oh well, ONWARDS!

***HALLOWED TURF WILL RETURN! (but still not in High Definition Blu-Ray 3D)***
        [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

***HALLOWED TURF WILL RETURN! (but still not in High Definition Blu-Ray 3D)***
          I think you'd need a cast with bigger assets for 3D to work properly.

*flees*
          Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
          Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
          Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Well, finally!
            Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

From Deviantart: :/

Hey all!

I think it's time to finally face up to the truth that I should have addressed months ago: I haven't been working on Hallowed Turf. At. All.

Consequently, the time has come to 'put it too bed'. I've had a few pages that are SO CLOSE it completion, yet I havn't touched them.

I'll be the first to admit I bit off more than I could chew with the story I had planned. Moreover I started Hallowed Turf with such energetic, but oh so naive optimism ('100 pages?? EASY!!!' lol. Fool.) However at some point reality comes to bite you in the behind. Hard.

I had some big reality check's early last year, and Hallowed Turf took the brunt of it because it was my only on-going project. Ever since then, there's been no motivation on my part to get her going again.

I'm sad to put a stop to it since I've been working on it for so long and it's taught me so much. When I first started drawing ideas and comic pages down on paper the thought of posting it online would of sent me off to a dark corner.

Hallowed Turf showed me I could write, draw, plan, ink, colour, letter.

Most of all it showed I could display my artwork, without anyone thinking it as 'silly' or 'stupid'. It brought me out of my shell.

So Thank You and Goodbye to a project that's been close to me, pushed me to where I am today, but could of done with a lot more hard work from its creator.

Most of all, thank you to anyone whose seen, read, commented and enjoyed it.

It's going to be fun to see what happens next

Maybe I'll take up poetry?? (six verses? 'Emotions'!?! EASY!!!)
              [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

Hallowed Turf showed me I could write, draw, plan, ink, colour, letter.

Most of all it showed I could display my artwork, without anyone thinking it as 'silly' or 'stupid'. It brought me out of my shell.
                Then it served it's purpose! Well done!
                Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

i think you did a great job man. sad to hear you had some reality checks.

Comment

Working...
                  X