Where is Rush?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A short time scale of the events at the end of the episode:

35:40 – Rush is working on his (?) computer on the bridge, before the ship jumps.
    –––––– That's the last time we see him.
    39:32 – Telford arrives at the bridge, after the jump.
    40:49 – Telford goes to the same computer Rush was working on several minutes ago.
    40:54 – Young asks "where's Rush?"
    41:30 – Scott finds Chloe.
    41:48 – Rush re-enters the bridge.

So question is what did he do in those 6 minutes and 8 seconds? (don't take this too literally, it might be 10 minutes, or more, or less in the reality of the episode)

Sabotaging the ship during that time seems a little bit crazy, imo, cos it could cost his own life. Unless he did something without being in control over what he did (like Chloe?). I have no idea, but that he was not there for several minutes should have a meaning.

Anyway, I'm sure we'll find out in spring.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Artemis-Neith View Post
      A short time scale of the events at the end of the episode:

35:40 – Rush is working on his (?) computer on the bridge, before the ship jumps.
      –––––– That's the last time we see him.
      39:32 – Telford arrives at the bridge, after the jump.
      40:49 – Telford goes to the same computer Rush was working on several minutes ago.
      40:54 – Young asks "where's Rush?"
      41:30 – Scott finds Chloe.
      41:48 – Rush re-enters the bridge.

So question is what did he do in those 6 minutes and 8 seconds? (don't take this too literally, it might be 10 minutes, or more, or less in the reality of the episode)

Sabotaging the ship during that time seems a little bit crazy, imo, cos it could cost his own life. Unless he did something without being in control over what he did (like Chloe?). I have no idea, but that he was not there for several minutes should have a meaning.

Anyway, I'm sure we'll find out in spring.
      I think it's more a matter of not knowing what he was doing and having it pointed out that yet again, he's off doing something and no one can account for it. Sabotaging Destiny? I don't think he'd do that either, but he was clearly off doing something and because the dialogue has us asking where he is, I'd say it's a point that's important and may get cleared up when we all come back next year. I don't think any of us knows for sure what he was doing though. We can guess, but I don't think we know.
      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

He on the engineering room, where he can really control the destiny from.

Now the other annoying crew members insisted on trying to run the thing from the bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
          With the prospect of Destiny facing imminent destruction he had an urgent need to visit the washroom!!!
          he had to have a bowl movement.

Comment

And where was Telford? He can't have been in the seed ship because he had no idea what was going on when he got to the bridge. Perhaps he and Rush were comparing recipes for scones. Or plotting to have Telford take over Young's command. Guess we'll find out in April...
            sigpic

Comment

I think he was getting some propr food.. remember he did say all he had to 'live on; was the nutrients from the pods.

Comment

He went to get his hat - you know "you can leave your hat on when Destiny is blown away."
                sigpic
                Save Mallozzi's Mailbag!

Comment

possibilities where he went:

comlab, used his 'special stone' manages to ask blues [we seriously need an official name for them] 4 help giving destiny's position, even tho he doesnt want to, but still knows how to make that connection and kept THAT secret also ... maybe chloe said 'its too late' not b/c she WAS able to do anything, but b/c her unknowing actions didnt actually change anything, but Rush's ... will ?

that, or, he went to the bathroom - is that alright?

Comment

He was probably consulting with Franklin.
                    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Mozzza View Post
                      I think Rush knows something the others don't, and he disabled the shield for whatever reason.
                      Remember when chloe was placed in the ancients chair and said it would get rid of the infection in chloe dispite the fact he already knew it wouldn't work. I think he uploaded the information into chloe to which his been using to figure out the ship. Because I don't think the aliens would be able to work the ship as well as chloe seems to know how to. Other wise why would they want the technology so badly?

Comment

Originally posted by fragfries View Post
                        Remember when chloe was placed in the ancients chair and said it would get rid of the infection in chloe dispite the fact he already knew it wouldn't work. I think he uploaded the information into chloe to which his been using to figure out the ship. Because I don't think the aliens would be able to work the ship as well as chloe seems to know how to. Other wise why would they want the technology so badly?
                        Yep, I'm thinking along the same path.
                        SyFy: "Are you SGU fans done asking for a third season?"
                        SGU Fans: "WE'LL NEVER BE DONE!"

SAVE SGU! SGU CAMPAIGNS ARE UNITING AT SG:UNITE!
                        ACTION PLAN TO GET SGU SEASON 3!

I have gotten 15 people hooked on SGU. How many more can you get? ‎
                        Spoiler:
                        *beep*
                        Young: "What the hell was that?"
                        Eli: "It's Destiny letting us know it finished assembling the simulation. Either that or pi is done."

Comment

I agree with some of the opinions here. At the very end, Rush did seem to have a sense that he thinks this is it. However, we've seen him "act" like this before. It is very likely that Chloe has been introduced to shielding calculations by either Rush or the chair. Perhaps Rush knows this and knows that Chloe will be able to calibrate the shields to better protect Destiny. We all know Destiny has very selective shielding (i.e., very strong against certain types of energy), and so perhaps she was able to make the calculations to make them into "battle" shields.

Comment

Working...
                          X