The AI is very selected or twisted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
    Plus to be very fair Eli and Gin barely had any relationship at all, they'd known each other for a very short period of time, something that you cannot compare to the loss of a child at all... The AI interacting with Rush and Young for the good of both the ship, its mission and everyone aboard.
    ...other than having sex. Having sex is as close as you can get, physically.
    If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
    Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
    If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
    Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

I was thinking the same thing. Why didn't it try to help Rush and Eli cope with the deaths of their loved ones?

Perhaps because TJ is so vital, as the only physician, that it was worth lying to her to keep her function. Protecting her means protecting the rest of the crew.

Then there's also the idea that maybe Eli and Rush are more skeptically-minded. That even if they had visions about their loved ones surviving, they would not interpret it in terms of belief.

Comment

Originally posted by norph View Post
        Would be kind of creepy if he is actually still strap in the chair but Destiny just using mind tricks to prevent people from actually seeing him.
        And later on, rus would not have been able to use it on chloe...

Comment

Also why is the AI doing nothig for Chloe? No mind tricks nothing..I miss Gloria

Currently Watching: SGU Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice

Rewatch: BSG, SGA, SG:1 Farscape, X files

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            And later on, rus would not have been able to use it on chloe...
            True.
            Young, Rush and TJ are the only ones that needed help thats why the ship did nothing to the others, plus that feature has been off for quiet some time now and i doubt it will be turned on.
            sigpic
            - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Originally posted by Steelbox View Post
              True.
              Young, Rush and TJ are the only ones that needed help thats why the ship did nothing to the others, plus that feature has been off for quiet some time now and i doubt it will be turned on.
              Its not off. Rush blocked the simulations control over the FTL to get the Ship going again. The AI or whatever apparently just thought it was pointless to keep testing Young now. I am pretty sure he got the last confidence boost he needed when the Ship started going after he yelled commands.

It did let Rush know that he made a mistake by doing this and left it at that.
              Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
              Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
              There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

It's helping Rush with the holograms. I'm not sure what if anything it's doing for Eli. But as far as TJ, she's female and we all know that they're all crazy to start with. So it doesn't take an AI to mess with their heads.

From a different POV, perhaps Young still has one of those ticks (circa pain) on him? And booze was his way of keeping it's influence at bay. Kind of like our "modern" cancer treatments. Do everything short of killing the patient to kill the disease. Or that AZT stuff for HIV, it kills cells, if it happens to be an HIV cell, success.

Comment

The AI dream machine should give out wet dreams. Everyone would be much happier.

Comment

That would be interesting to see what it would do for Parks or Vanessa

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post
                      The AI dream machine should give out wet dreams. Everyone would be much happier.
                      Except the quarter master who has to wash the sheets.

Comment

I dont think its an AI either... personally I feel its an ancient or some other ascended being, or possibly even the planet builders... who the hell really knows lol

Comment

Working...
                        X