Alien Drones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zainea13 View Post
    where do you get 25 feet long? it says 4' - 5" that is 4 feet 5 inches long lol
    Read under each heading ("Drone - Side Elevation", for example). There's a scale. In this case, it's three inches to a foot.

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
    That a physical model, which is use as a physical prop for the future scene where they capture one.
    Not the CGI models use to attack destiny, which are a different design an are about 25 feet long.

Look at the top you will see three red crystals.

In the drones that attack the ship in resurgence they had 6 red crystals on 2 seperate fins.
    Not all of them. Watch the scene where the first group comes online. The lowest one relative to the camera only has the one fin.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck32 View Post
      Let's hope the drones aren't the new enemy, otherwise hmmmm let's see machines that want to annihalate a race of organic beings? can anyone see some similarities or outright ripoff of another sci fi series?

I thought resurgence was a seriously underwhelming episode and if this is the direction they're heading, then sci fi should put this show out of it's misery!!!
      Hmmm...machines that want to annihilate organic life...a ripoff of something else...let's see...

Are you referring to:

Colossus and Guardian from "Colossus: The Forbin Project?"
      HAL-9000 from 2001?
      The alien doomsday device from ST:TOS?
      Nomad from ST:TOS?
      The Berserkers from Fred Saberhagen's Berserker series?
      V'Ger from ST:TMP?
      The Terminators?
      The Daleks or Cybermen from Doctor Who?
      Bender and his "kill all humans" mentality?
      The Silicates from Space: Above and Beyond?
      The machines from The Matrix Trilogy?
      The Borg from ST:TNG, ST:VOY, and ST:ENT?
      The Cylons from BSG?
      The Replicators from SG-1 and/or SGA?
      The Geth and Reapers from Mass Effect?
      (any one of the dozens of others I'm leaving out)

Just saying...you need to be more specific on which series you think is being ripped off.

Comment

Originally posted by Abiron View Post
        *snip*The Borg from ST:TNG, ST:VOY, and ST:ENT?*snip*
        DS9 had the Borg for one episode. You just saw their ships, but they played a role in the pilot.
        "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
        - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

I was thinking more along the line of Cylons!!!
          Since the Cylons were made by humans I think the Geth would be a better comparison. Or the Reavers as they are ships, and also sleeps for thousands of years.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered View Post
            DS9 had the Borg for one episode. You just saw their ships, but they played a role in the pilot.
            Did they?? Never saw that.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              Kind of. The Borg has Sisko overcome with grief that he never got over. When the show started he had a giant chip on his shoulder
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                Yeah. The opening of the pilot shows Sisko and his family caught in the middle of the Battle of Wolf 359 on the Saratoga. All you saw was the ship, but it's still the Borg.
                "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
                - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.files.wordpres...9/img_5075.jpg

Could it be a drone that guides a drone greater for firing?

Comment

Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered View Post
                    Yeah. The opening of the pilot shows Sisko and his family caught in the middle of the Battle of Wolf 359 on the Saratoga. All you saw was the ship, but it's still the Borg.
                    I had forgotten about that. I stand corrected.

Comment

Keeper.. that link didnot open.

Comment

Excuse me, garhkal.
                        It was the link of the opening of the thread, so I think it's better that you open it from there. My link seems to have something wrong.
                        In any case I re-try to link:
                        http://josephmallozzi.files.wordpres...9/img_5075.jpg

Comment

THat was in relation to your post 2 above mine.. page 2 almost at the end. THE one in the OP did show up.

Comment

Let's hope the drones aren't the new enemy, otherwise hmmmm let's see machines that want to annihalate a race of organic beings? can anyone see some similarities or outright ripoff of another sci fi series?
                            i don't think they're programmed to kill organic life. since SGU's galaxies are vastly less populated than the Milky Way, i'd say it's a safe bet they're programmed to kill anything that's not them.

remember, this probably isn't some race. i'm thinking two possibilities here:

-either the Blues sent the drones to another galaxy to kill the Browns (likely. also since the Blues have relatively fast intergalactic travel, they could've sent them cause they don't want to be bored for months).

-or the Drones are some relic of another race. that race either built the drones due to some internal conflict or because they believed Drones would be a better way to fight the Browns

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                              -or the Drones are some relic of another race. that race either built the drones due to some internal conflict or because they believed Drones would be a better way to fight the Browns
                              Maybe they're the less annoying form of grey goo, as in replicating spaceships but not nanites. Wipe out species, take resources, make more, rinse and repeat.

Comment

Working...
                              X