No announcement yet.

A theory on Destiny, Seeder ships and the Gates they drop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about a joint Tesla/Janus theorum project.

Tesla apparently held a theory of beaming power to moving objects (if you believe the documentary channels on sky that is)

Janus filled the subspace frequency corridor used by the Wraith which adversely affected the Stargates.

Combine them both? Beam energy through subspace utilizing the frequencies Janus identified (may only be applicable with Peggy gates) then all you need is the energy for the initial connection ( Letters from Pegasus showed that the distance from Lantea to Earth being dial'able with basic Naquada generators for 1.4 seconds ) once the initial connection is made, power is beamed to the stargate(s) at a lower rate than the Attero device, sustaining the connection until shutdown.

God i love Sci-fi shows that make you think,

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by lt1superman View Post
      I know way out there but then send the puddle jumper with the time machine
      why not just use the puddle jumper time machine to go back to when it all started?
      maybe the ancients created the universe by going back in time lol

rambling sorry lol
      Didn't that get destroyed?

Comment

Yes it did, but we have Janus lab opened up to his equations and specs of the original Quantum Jumper (TM) BUT the only way i can see the jumper helping is going back in time 60 or so million years and hiding some gear on Destiny, which by the time we get there to use it, any foodstuffs will be spoilt, and i seriously doubt a ZPM would survive that long even with not being used.

Even so, try explaining to the Ancient civilisation of the time wtf is happening when the jumper flies through the Stargate on Earth, or just appears in orbit around the shipyards or above the ground shipyards when Destiny is built and launched from?

N.C

Comment

Mallozzi stated somwere on his blog that they would have explained the process of how the Seeder SHip mines and plants gates on planets if the show had a 3rd season.( Curse you SYFY!!!)

Comment

Now all we get left with is supposition :'(

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
              Yes it did, but we have Janus lab opened up to his equations and specs of the original Quantum Jumper (TM) BUT the only way i can see the jumper helping is going back in time 60 or so million years and hiding some gear on Destiny, which by the time we get there to use it, any foodstuffs will be spoilt, and i seriously doubt a ZPM would survive that long even with not being used.
              Anyone know how long our current "magnetic media" would last,, if we were to try and record a message?
              What of writing one on all the walls

Comment

I would bet on engraving it onto something as statues and engravings on terrestrial materials still exists to this day on earth, and other places in our galaxy from the Goa'uld era have lasted longer.

How many times have you lost data due to computer glitches or power surges?

N.C

Comment

Asgard equipment would survive, perhaps smuggling an Asgard core to Destiny in the past?
                  Engravings on the destiny walls would also work.

Comment

We'd just have to
                    A) figure out the date it was launched
                    B) where it was launched from
                    C) get into said facility
                    D) convince the people there to let us leave these on the ship OR
                    D1) hide them, but in a way the crew can find them.....

Comment

E) Land said puddle jumper with time machine on Destiny, cloak, pray to whichever God you want that Destiny envelops the PJ before entering FTL, use recently installed Asgard beam system on PJ, to beam into Destiny/ Destiny bridge.

From there on the vista of possibilities are rather large.

N.C

Comment

I wonder if we went back far enough to stop the destiny project, what 'paradoxes' that would cause..

Comment

SGA would still be on air lol

As our impact out there is pretty minimal speaking in relative terms, i doubt anything would become paradoxical.

We'd just have to
                          A) figure out the date it was launched
                          B) where it was launched from
                          Or just troll through Destiny's database for that information, although i dont see how it will do any good seeing as if we DID go back for Destiny's launch, we risk pretty much the entire space time continuum as we know by maybe veering the Alterans of their timeline through knowledge of us, what we would know, the technology would need to get there.

Whose to say Alterans of that time were the same peace loving Lanteans we knew of, they may be more like us, open to outside idea's but mad on security and not above the odd interrogation and torture session for information from hostile species, or unknown quantities thought to pose a significant risk

N.C

Comment

Well, Destiny is supposedly looking for a structure/pattern that was located within the background radiation. Perhaps Destiny isn't trying to get to the CMBR, but rather trying to find traces of a civilization at the edges of the universe (as impossible as even that is, given the supposed faster than light expansion of the universe). So maybe the Destiny was intended to reach the edge of the universe, picking up "scraps" of whatever this pattern is, and the seed ships + stargates were meant solely for the purpose of retrieving data on suitable planets for resource gathering, almost like a sort of checkpoint.

RUSH: Hmm. Well, that's the very question they sought to answer when they launched Destiny. That is the mission. We're talking about a mystery rooted in the foundation of reality, a puzzle with pieces scattered across the length and breadth of the universe itself.

RUSH: We're talking about a level of order present at the very beginning of space/time that goes beyond anything we ever conceived. I believe that the more we learn, the more pieces Destiny uncovers, then the greater our power to control everything around us will be.
                            Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                            encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                            3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                            4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                            5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                              Well, Destiny is supposedly looking for a structure/pattern that was located within the background radiation. Perhaps Destiny isn't trying to get to the CMBR, but rather trying to find traces of a civilization at the edges of the universe (as impossible as even that is, given the supposed faster than light expansion of the universe). So maybe the Destiny was intended to reach the edge of the universe, picking up "scraps" of whatever this pattern is, and the seed ships + stargates were meant solely for the purpose of retrieving data on suitable planets for resource gathering, almost like a sort of checkpoint.
                              That would mean that those puzzle pieces should be scattered through the whole universe instead of a line that Destiny is following.
                              Or would there be more ships like Destiny as well?

What i just wondered as well is how does a seeder ship to gain more gates? does he gather the resources to to refabricate them or does he recollect the gates when leaving one galaxy for the next when Destiny comes into play?
                              Eagles On Pogo sticks

Comment

Collected material.. Which is why there are a few of them ahead..

Comment

Working...
                                X