Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 71
  1. #21
    Captain wolverine_nl's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2005
    Location
    IDA
    Posts
    1,267

    Default Re: A theory on Destiny, Seeder ships and the Gates they drop

    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    But how would they have powered a gate from galaxy 1 to 2, and 2 to 3 and so on..
    Excellent point, the gates themselves are not powered by a DHD or have the capability to dail to other galaxies without extra power (.see gating from SGC to Atlantis in Pegasus.)

  2. #22
    First Lieutenant Nth Chevron's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    862

    Default Re: A theory on Destiny, Seeder ships and the Gates they drop

    I thought of this theory taking what we know into account, i do understand that moving around will not yield any change in the CMB that we know of, i was more making a point for the fact that because we know this and were a young species, then what the hell is Destiny travelling in a straight (ish) line for along with the Seed ships, the point of the mission is exploration but we dont know what for, theres no point saying Destiny cant be looking for the source of the CMB structure because it wont physically exist because that leaves a gaping hole as to the point of Destiny's entire mission.

    As i also said, we saw the Seed ship in 'Awakening' had a large number of gates already made and stored, we also know there arent many gates per galaxy, so as to why they would need so many Seed ships when the Seed ships have a number buffer of constructed gates which speeds up deployment, suggests to me reaching a certain point in space as fast as possible with as little deviation and time loss.

    I like the Dovetail theory, it would explain why theirs no remains of the crew, but i disagree on the fact of the chair being an Ascension device, i find it more likely their bodies get absorbed and stored somewhere, perhaps cryogenically stored, and their conciousness gets uploaded into Destiny's computers, would explain the ships sentience like ability of the dreams of Young and possibly TJ and Rush's conversations to Gloria and Franklin. Dont forget weve seen in Altantis on the Aurora that crew members in cold storage had their minds linked to a virtual environment to keep them active despite their physical bodies extreme age. I think the chair could be the precursor to that technology.

    As for the few Stargates in a single line, i did think of it being a path home for the original Destiny crew but theirs power requirements and other things that dont add up for example the MK 1 gates cant even dial some gates in the same galaxy let alone to neighbouring galaxies.

    N.C

  3. #23
    Major General
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    13,249

    Default Re: A theory on Destiny, Seeder ships and the Gates they drop

    Quote Originally Posted by wolverine_nl View Post
    Excellent point, the gates themselves are not powered by a DHD or have the capability to dail to other galaxies without extra power (.see gating from SGC to Atlantis in Pegasus.)
    Thanks for the back up..

  4. #24
    Probie
    Member Since
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: A theory on Destiny, Seeder ships and the Gates they drop

    Quote Originally Posted by Cylykon View Post
    I've tried making this argument already... several times... it's going to fall on deaf ears.
    Please, I am fed up of you so called super intelligent people with your quantum physics blah blah, when you actually have absolutely zero evidence and are basing everything on assumptions made by humans who have not even travelled past the moon. Please don't state facts and try to make everyone look stupid, I'm sure your intelligent enough to realise this which is why I wonder why you try to pass it off as fact.

    Humans are not as clever as we all think, we still murder and rape. We still burn things to get power/heat. We still have famines, die from natural disasters, war. We are still a terribly primitive race. Our imagination is our only hope, getting bogged down in theories and taking what we know now to be true(because we think we are that clever) will just hinder our development.

  5. #25
    Staff Sergeant
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    60

    Default Re: A theory on Destiny, Seeder ships and the Gates they drop

    Quote Originally Posted by akill10 View Post
    Humans are not as clever as we all think, we still murder and rape. We still burn things to get power/heat. We still have famines, die from natural disasters, war. We are still a terribly primitive race. Our imagination is our only hope, getting bogged down in theories and taking what we know now to be true(because we think we are that clever) will just hinder our development.
    Speak for yourself. Before you put down everyone realize the whole world is not like your immediate vicinity. Most people have not murdered or raped anyone, there is nuclear, wave, wind, geothermal and solar energy and most people alive have never seen famine (and actually, though we are so stupid and primitive one development alone, high yield wheat developed by Norman Borlaug, is basically solely responsible for 3-4 billion people being able to eat at all).

  6. #26
    Probie
    Member Since
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: A theory on Destiny, Seeder ships and the Gates they drop

    Quote Originally Posted by Aesjos View Post
    Speak for yourself. Before you put down everyone realize the whole world is not like your immediate vicinity. Most people have not murdered or raped anyone, there is nuclear, wave, wind, geothermal and solar energy and most people alive have never seen famine (and actually, though we are so stupid and primitive one development alone, high yield wheat developed by Norman Borlaug, is basically solely responsible for 3-4 billion people being able to eat at all).

    Sorry, I was unaware I would be speaking to anyone not part of the human race, Before you reply, please read carefully.

  7. #27
    Alex Danvers
    (Moderator Emeritus)
    jasminaGo's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2008
    Location
    DEO HQ
    Posts
    23,362

    Default Re: A theory on Destiny, Seeder ships and the Gates they drop

    Okay folks, the topic of this thread is Theory on Destiny, Seeder ships and the Gates they drop. Personal issues, insults and opinions on humanity are off topic and also against GW rules. If you are not interested in discussing the given topic I suggest you move on and find a topic that you do find interesting.

    Thank you
    jasminaGo
    GateWorld Moderator

  8. #28
    Captain wolverine_nl's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2005
    Location
    IDA
    Posts
    1,267

    Default Re: A theory on Destiny, Seeder ships and the Gates they drop

    Back ontopic

    The Destiny mission isn't the first of its kind... the first ones were probably the ones to seed the MW. Also, in IDA, there was a stargate with the Asgard, clearly because the Ancients had a treaty with them.

  9. #29
    Chief Master Sergeant
    Member Since
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    123

    Default Re: A theory on Destiny, Seeder ships and the Gates they drop

    The IDA Stargate was the milkyway model. Also the Milkyway mission most likely came AFTER Destiny as the Destiny gate is a prototype of the Milkyway gate.

  10. #30
    Airman
    Member Since
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Springfield, Oregon
    Posts
    44

    Default Re: A theory on Destiny, Seeder ships and the Gates they drop

    Quote Originally Posted by Cylykon View Post
    What you fail to understand is that EVERYWHERE IN THE UNIVERSE formed at a single point in space. You cannot find one point that was not in contact with every other point in the beginning. That is why the CMB is a uniform temperature all over the universe and the anisotrophies are thermal variations caused by quantum fluctuations of matter in a very tiny space expanded to the size of the universe today.
    Are you making that up?

    well it IS a science FICTION show...

  11. #31
    Airman
    Member Since
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Springfield, Oregon
    Posts
    44

    Default Re: A theory on Destiny, Seeder ships and the Gates they drop

    Anyone notice how lean looking the seedership was? from the outside it was almost all framework and engines... inside it was packed to the gills with equipment. almost no room to move around.

  12. #32
    First Lieutenant Nth Chevron's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    862

    Default Re: A theory on Destiny, Seeder ships and the Gates they drop

    There is theories for both sides of this argument coin, we do NOT have the whole picture, as i have said before we only have supposition, i dont like the fact people here are so willing to shout down other people theories when their own is based on no more fact than this one.

    ITS A THEORY.

    It needs no bashing, all it needs is coherent and cohesive discussion giving arguments for or against. IN the end, the show will tell us what is real in their eyes.

    N.C

  13. #33
    Airman
    Member Since
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Springfield, Oregon
    Posts
    44

    Default Re: A theory on Destiny, Seeder ships and the Gates they drop

    sorry I didn't mean to get the thread off track again. i only get to check the formus once a day.

    Baaaccckkkk to seederships. weee!

  14. #34
    First Lieutenant Nth Chevron's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    862

    Default Re: A theory on Destiny, Seeder ships and the Gates they drop

    I arent speaking to any one person, no need to apologise for nothing bud

    N.C

  15. #35
    First Lieutenant Shai Hulud's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    574

    Default Re: A theory on Destiny, Seeder ships and the Gates they drop

    Quote Originally Posted by Nth Chevron View Post
    These Seed ships are all heading in the same direction, not many in different directions
    We dont actually know this definitively?
    Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

  16. #36
    First Lieutenant Nth Chevron's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    862

    Default Re: A theory on Destiny, Seeder ships and the Gates they drop

    Quote Originally Posted by Shai Hulud View Post
    We dont actually know this definitively?
    We don't know this for a 100% undeniable fact, the only thing i was basing this on was in 'Awakening' at the beginning, when they approached the Seed ship for the first time, Rush said "It's a Seed ship, one of many ahead of Destiny,"

    We know Destiny is heading along a pretty straight course to wherever and whatever, i just surmised that the Seed ships were heading along this same straight(ish) course from Rush's statement, he might be wrong, he might have been given incorrect info from Destiny. I just surmised from what we knew at the time of writing.

    N.C

  17. #37
    Airman
    Member Since
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Springfield, Oregon
    Posts
    44

    Default Re: A theory on Destiny, Seeder ships and the Gates they drop

    well it makes sense. I mean why send destiny in one direction and seed ships in another. You gotta figure that all these ships being sent out into the vastness of space are certainly going to represent a substantial amount of effort/resources/money on the part of the ancients. their not just slinging ships around willy nilly without figuring on every one of them having some specific benefit for the success of the destiny mission.

  18. #38
    Major General
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    13,249

    Default Re: A theory on Destiny, Seeder ships and the Gates they drop

    Maybe only 1 is heading in the same direction, the other that rush mentioned are seeding their own directions.

  19. #39
    Chief Master Sergeant Solokiller's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    168

    Default Re: A theory on Destiny, Seeder ships and the Gates they drop

    Then there shouldn't be any more gates around, since that seed ship was seen in Awakening, and it hadn't been doing its job for a long time.

  20. #40
    Major General
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    13,249

    Default Re: A theory on Destiny, Seeder ships and the Gates they drop

    Wasn't there a mention early on that there were multiple seed ships ahead?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. where did the seeder ships go?
    By the-alguroan in forum Stargate Universe
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: September 25th, 2010, 10:33 PM
  2. Seeder Ships and Destiny
    By Arwis in forum Stargate Universe
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: December 7th, 2009, 10:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •