Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three questions

I know there are probably some obvious answers for these but:

1) Why wouldnt Young/Rush think to fly into a star anyway as a route of escape during not only that conflict but any...since its already established that, that is indeed a star-ship which draws its power from stars...maybe thats reaching

2) How long was Telford gone? How come his hair isnt longer, and no facial hair. Did the hairless aliens have shaving kits? (I remember seeing a clip in season one showing greer shaving)

3) This may have already been answered, but why wasnt Rush afflicted like Chloe.

Short answer for all: That's the way the writers wanted it to be.. lol Just kidding, those are very good questions which I would like to know the answers to..

Comment

Telford was gone a month, they said so in the ep, his hair wouldn't grow much in a month, not sure about facial hair though.

Comment

My guesses are:

1) Young is a ground forces Colonel and is not used to being in command of a starship nor does he have the training for it.

2) Well, last night's episode I think Wray said they'd been on the Destiny for roughly ten months, so at my best guesstimate I think he's only been gone for about two or three months.

Which has some interesting implications in regards to the Seeder ship. Essentially, that means the Seeder ship might be faster than the destiny in order for it to catch up with her. (Yes, all ships are called her).

3)We don't know if he has been or not. The show doesn't say. I hope it does explain if it does or not. But this is also one of my contentions in regards to modifying Chloe. Because if Chloe is meant to be some sort of mole for the browns, or whoever changed her, then the better choice would be Rush. He is far more knowledgeable about the ship and how to run it and of science than Chloe is. Chloe was mostly a kind of secretary for her father, but I don't remember her exact job she had working for her father.

These are my best guesses, anyhow.

Comment

1) Well they were only recently able to manuever the ship voluntarily with the discovery of the bridge. They hadn't previously been in any battles when they had that capability. Essentially they were just along for the ride wherever Destiny decided to go.

No real ideas on the others.
          sigpic

Comment

1. My mom said the same thing.

Make it more dramatic I guess.

2. He has been gone for a month, remember Young saying that.

Maybe La Bamba doesn't grow facial hair.

3. He hasn't shown the symptoms, but who knows.

Comment

I asked the same question about flying into a star in a different thread.. that's the first thing I would have thought of.. Just by deductive reasoning.

1. You see how Destiny's blasters can destroy a drone. If a blaster can, a Drone can.
              (which brings me to wonder why cant Destiny take all the drone shots if it can hold back the energy of a star)

2. There is a star nearby and Destiny was made to fly into them.

Telford did have some facial hair on him and they did say he was only gone a month. But I wonder why didn't Destiny read the Seeder on a scan if the Seeder knew where destiny was. It had to be close by in order to find them and jump to them in the time it took to send out the shuttle and explore.

I think it was all a set up.. Could it be possible the Ursini are responsible for the Drones? I didnt notice the drones going after the Seeder very much they went for Destiny... Not to mention one of the crew stated that the drones were keeping in between the Destiny and the command ship.. surely the Ursini would have known that.

Comment

Funny how Telford appears on Destiny looking like he's just returned from a stroll. Oh yes and no sign of his alien friends. How about Young gets off his ass and makes face to face contact with them before forming an alliance?

Comment

Originally posted by Archaeis View Post
                  1) Well they were only recently able to manuever the ship voluntarily with the discovery of the bridge. They hadn't previously been in any battles when they had that capability. Essentially they were just along for the ride wherever Destiny decided to go.

No real ideas on the others.
                  BAM...that answers the question as to why they havnt in the past, which I completely forgot. Infact they still dont even really have command of the ship...they needed help to steer to the graveyard.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                    Telford was gone a month, they said so in the ep, his hair wouldn't grow much in a month, not sure about facial hair though.
                    Its possible he fashioned a blade out of something to use for shaving, although he may have only done it once or twice

and as for why Rush wasnt affected, it could be that Chloe is female, or perhaps Chloe was just more genetically compatible, or else it was an experiment, and they were planning to use Rush as a negative control to see just how much Chloe would change.
                    I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by Utitan View Post
                      (which brings me to wonder why cant Destiny take all the drone shots if it can hold back the energy of a star)
                      Perhaps the shields are specifically atuned to say the freq of a suns output, and since it is also constant, they can better hold it back (like atlantis against the water), ut the continual "ramp up of power' against the shields from weapons fire is harder to take.

2. There is a star nearby and Destiny was made to fly into them.

Telford did have some facial hair on him and they did say he was only gone a month. But I wonder why didn't Destiny read the Seeder on a scan if the Seeder knew where destiny was. It had to be close by in order to find them and jump to them in the time it took to send out the shuttle and explore.
                      Perhaps the destinies sensors are not "that long range. Remember we didn't know about the blues coming out of FTL before they showed up.

I think it was all a set up.. Could it be possible the Ursini are responsible for the Drones? I didnt notice the drones going after the Seeder very much they went for Destiny... Not to mention one of the crew stated that the drones were keeping in between the Destiny and the command ship.. surely the Ursini would have known that.
                      Interesting idea, bu i doubt it.

Its possible he fashioned a blade out of something to use for shaving, although he may have only done it once or twice
                      He had his combat knife!

Comment

Well the Seed Ship has more energy reserves than Destiny becouse it doesnt realy need all those systems Destiny has, i dont think it even has a bridge. That leaves alot of room for ancient sun powered battery's which in turn equal more power.
                        In the breef fighting sceenes that the Seeder Ship had its hull never got scratched even thou its older than Destiny and she was fireing her weapons, becouse the energy reserves were bigger.

Comment

I know there are probably some obvious answers for these but:

1) Why wouldnt Young/Rush think to fly into a star anyway as a route of escape during not only that conflict but any...since its already established that, that is indeed a star-ship which draws its power from stars...maybe thats reaching
                          Rush was barking out orders to try an keep the ship together an functional.

Young is an idiot. An probably more of a ground combat expert.
                          Telford is the space combat expert.
                          2) How long was Telford gone? How come his hair isnt longer, and no facial hair. Did the hairless aliens have shaving kits? (I remember seeing a clip in season one showing greer shaving)
                          A month.

3) This may have already been answered, but why wasnt Rush afflicted like Chloe.
                          We do not know.
                          But from what we have seen, the blues programming does not take full control of someone until the later stages of the transformation process. May be there research into Rush mind showed that he would be able counter act the programme much easier or perhaps his own mind would actually understand the blue programming an so tell the crew what eactly there plan is be he is under there full control.

Chloe does not understand half the stuff she writers down or what she where as Rush would if they gave him the knowledge.
                          Last edited by knowles2; 02 December 2010, 06:49 AM.

Comment

They should have flown into the sun sooner, great point!
                            sigpic

Comment

1. dramatic
                              2. as people said one month
                              3. i don't think rush is infected the same way chloe was, he was however implanted with a tracking device. which they have removed.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X