CliffHanger????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CliffHanger????

This is a question to the people that have all ready watch Apotheosis, Does the last episode end on a cliffhanger or is it an episode that wont really give the fans of Caprica some closure to the show? I'm just wondering if the last episode is really good and worth buying the dvd when it come out? thank you
    Last edited by RepliHawk; 03 December 2010, 01:32 PM.
    sigpic

I'd say it gave great closure to the season 1 storylines. The ending was outstanding IMO, made me very sad the show was over (whereas I wasn't that bothered when the news broke), and at the same time made me appreciate everything that came before it. It's definitely worth a watch. It works very well as both a season and series finale.

Comment

Good. I'm glad to hear that. I was worried it'd be a bad way to end it.
      "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
      - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

Spoiler:
        The tamara storyline end in cliffhanger, she do not appear in the finale nor is spoken of.
        Last edited by Bagpuss; 03 December 2010, 08:42 AM. Reason: tags inserted.

Comment

Do they show how the cylons start their uprising and how they manage to get ships to start the war?
          sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
            The way they did it is implied, but not directly shown.
            Last edited by Bagpuss; 03 December 2010, 08:42 AM. Reason: tagged.

Comment

some parts of that ending seemed like a preview to the 2nd season while other parts were an end to the ep. when they talked of budget constraints near the end of the season you can see that taking part in this ep as well

Comment

Summary of the finale
                Spoiler:
                Starts with the clean up of the dead body at the Graystone house, they don't want to get GDD involved because they were compromised (by the main guy whose name i forget) As Amanda is in V world with Zoe GDD attacks with warrants out on them for terrorism. Cyrus points a gun at the GDD officers and tells the graystones to leave. They decide they need to figure out the plan so they go to where agent durham was shot and retrieve the holoband and view the destruction of atlas arena. They call in an anonymous tip but it doesn't work.

Clarice is having her people carry out the attack without her and that upsets them but she says she will be awaiting them.

Zoe trying to figure out whats going on is listening to the news reports about her parents being terrorists and is like "Clarice..."

The adamas are out for revenge for Williams death so they trick the guatral into a holoband meeting while they kill him with him in itslowly and his daughter becomes leader

At the atlas arena game the graystones enter and go to a camera booth with a laptop for controlling cylons. At the singing of the National anthem three copters come in to the stadium and start unloading centurions on the playing field. They form a circle around the pitch and search out their targets. Once they acquire them they start unloading their rounds killing most of them

Olaf is injured but manages to blow himself up, not destroying the stadium.

In V world as their avatars awaken Zoe is there and Clarice says she is doing gods will zoe responds with "I AM GOD" and starts destroying heaven. The martyrs die again and Clarice de-reses.

the shape of things to come

It shows lacy as the new mother. Clarice preaching humanities downfall to the centurions with zoe in attendance. The grastones build a resurrection tank and resurrect Zoe and the adamas are shown explaining what happened to william and his death to their new son, who is also named william
                This isn't Atlantis?
                I don't think so.
                If this is not the Lost City…then where is it?

SGU= Awesome Eli is so me =P

Comment

It was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

The last minutes are a preview of things to come and it's full of OMFG moments (HUGE SPOILERS AHEAD):

Spoiler:

- Joseph & Evelyn getting married and having a son, William, named after his late half-brother.
                  - Daniel & Amanda creating the first skinjob: a body for Zoe's avatar. You see her emerge from the prototype of the resurrection tub.
                  - Lacy as the new Mother at the head of the Soldiers of The One church, telling Clarice to kneel before her.
                  - Clarice in a real (or virtual?) church with Cylons converted to the one true god faith. She's pushing them to rebel against humanity, while Zoe watches, smiling.
                  - Cylons being used in everyday's life: watch dog, building workers etc.

Comment

Summary of the finale
                    Spoiler:
                    Starts with the clean up of the dead body at the Graystone house, they don't want to get GDD involved because they were compromised (by the main guy whose name i forget) As Amanda is in V world with Zoe GDD attacks with warrants out on them for terrorism. Cyrus points a gun at the GDD officers and tells the graystones to leave. They decide they need to figure out the plan so they go to where agent durham was shot and retrieve the holoband and view the destruction of atlas arena. They call in an anonymous tip but it doesn't work.

Clarice is having her people carry out the attack without her and that upsets them but she says she will be awaiting them.

Zoe trying to figure out whats going on is listening to the news reports about her parents being terrorists and is like "Clarice..."

The adamas are out for revenge for Williams death so they trick the guatral into a holoband meeting while they kill him with him in itslowly and his daughter becomes leader

At the atlas arena game the graystones enter and go to a camera booth with a laptop for controlling cylons. At the singing of the National anthem three copters come in to the stadium and start unloading centurions on the playing field. They form a circle around the pitch and search out their targets. Once they acquire them they start unloading their rounds killing most of them

Olaf is injured but manages to blow himself up, not destroying the stadium.

In V world as their avatars awaken Zoe is there and Clarice says she is doing gods will zoe responds with "I AM GOD" and starts destroying heaven. The martyrs die again and Clarice de-reses.

the shape of things to come

It shows lacy as the new mother. Clarice preaching humanities downfall to the centurions with zoe in attendance. The grastones build a resurrection tank and resurrect Zoe and the adamas are shown explaining what happened to william and his death to their new son, who is also named william
                    This isn't Atlantis?
                    I don't think so.
                    If this is not the Lost City…then where is it?

SGU= Awesome Eli is so me =P

Comment

It is so hard for me not to spoil myself with what happens at the end but I'll wait till the DVD comes out but everyone says the ending is good, at least I'm happy that I won't be disapointed with the finale.
                      sigpic

Comment

It wraps the Caprica story up quiet nicely, without contradicting what we already know from BSG, so don't spoil yourself, get the DVD or as the show is cancelled, download the episodes, they're worth watching rather than reading spoilers about.

And no, it's not a cliffhanger, to me it seems they shoehorned in some re-edits to close the story after it was cancelled, rather than leaving it on any potential cliffhanger, it's a far better ending than I expected.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                          without contradicting what we already know from BSG
                          Actually I thought

spoiler for late in the finale
                          Spoiler:
                          the 'birth' of skinjob-Zoe was a huge slap in the face to continuity
                          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                            Actually I thought

spoiler for late in the finale
                            Spoiler:
                            the 'birth' of skinjob-Zoe was a huge slap in the face to continuity
                            Spoiler:
                            Not, really, it's shown it's not a human body but a human looking body (for 2 seconds, it's in his real robot form before taking Zoe's face (maybe holographic face, or something).

And it's nowhere near galactica resurection either, it's simply a transfer of an existing mind into the body. If Zoe dies, i guess she dies for the time being.

Also, it ties in a lot with what Ellen said, she liked Daniel Cylon #7 the most because it reminded her of herself. And she and Daniel both worked on the same sort of problems.

Comment

Spoiler:
                              yeah skinjob zoe isn't a proper skinjob she is a machine with skin more like a terminator I guess. It ties into the idea of centurians wanting real bodies perhaps zoe revolts with them and they go from there. Hell it basicly culminates in the events of the razor flashbacks and backs the theory that the first hybrid is daniel.

Lacy as the mother with odin as STO comander (judging by his clothing its what dimetre wore) is interesting. I want to know what happens to the monotheists that are left clarice and the remaining STO when the revolt happens surely they would take clarice with them.

It really works for me could be continued in blood and chrome

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Working...
                              X