No announcement yet.

CliffHanger????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've only seen up to 13 when Sy-fy cancelled it. Why of why did ratings suck so bad for it is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      Actually I thought

spoiler for late in the finale
      Spoiler:
      the 'birth' of skinjob-Zoe was a huge slap in the face to continuity
      Only if you see it that way, they never actually said they didn't exist in BSG, only that (spoilered to avoid spoiling Caprica)

Spoiler:
      Ellen and Co gave the Cylons the resurrection technology, and created their skinjobs, there was never any mention that one skinjob existed on Caprica previous to this, and tbh it's probably not something the Greystone's would broadcast given Zoe's objection to vHeaven and their general public image after all this, they'd probably want to just lay low with the original skinjob and live out their lives - I do agree using the description skinjob and resurrection hub was a bit foolish, especially considering the lengths they went to, to correct the William Adama continuity errors.

Blood and Chrome is set quiet a few years after this isn't it? so I doubt there's any way for them to continue this story into that.
      Last edited by Ian-S; 02 December 2010, 05:22 AM.

Comment

I don't think the...

Spoiler:
        Resurrection thing was a cop-out at all. All it shows is that the original creator of the (Caprican) Cylons also created a prototype form of the technology. It doesn't mean the Cylons had it themselves, and if anything, given the way events played out with Zoe at the end, it gives them a reason to want it in the first place. They were already working on the technology when the final 5 showed up, now we know where they originally got the idea from.

And I've only just now gotten the Daniel/#7 connection. Makes a lot of sense, thanks for that flobo!

Comment

Spoiler:
          I think the Zoe watching Clarice preach was the "angel" Zoe.

Comment

Spoiler:
            I didn't even think about that, you must be right, she must be the angel Zoe, it makes much more sense now.

Thinking about the whole God's plan thing, i think God pushed each new version of humankind to create Cylons (like Angel Zoe did in Caprica).
            It's the "test" of the human race. If they fail, the angels help save a few to start anew on a new world. (Angel Six saving the final 5/ All the angels in BSG)

Also, in the end, since it's been revealed that God's angel are the Lord of Kobols, it makes the whole monotheist/polytheist conflict completely pointless, with both sides being right and wrong at the same time. God doesnt seem to care about that, since he doesn't even care for the name God

Back to caprica, what about Cyrus ?

He said "I saw how it ended". Another divine intervention ?

I have to admit, Caprica rehabilited BSG's ending for me. I hated the whole "God's Plan" part, but now, in the bigger picture, it fits quite well.
            Of course, i still find the cultural suicide of the colonials to be stupid, so i'll just pretend they realized it wouldnt work, got back together, became atlantis and got destroyed centuries later^^
            Last edited by flobo; 02 December 2010, 01:28 PM.

Comment

I'd love to see some tidbits of Caprica in Blood And Chrome, (as in how we got from point A to point B to point C)

Don't throw Caprica out just because it was unpopular in the ratings.
              I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                Only if you see it that way, they never actually said they didn't exist in BSG, only that (spoilered to avoid spoiling Caprica)

Spoiler:
                Ellen and Co gave the Cylons the resurrection technology, and created their skinjobs, there was never any mention that one skinjob existed on Caprica previous to this, and tbh it's probably not something the Greystone's would broadcast given Zoe's objection to vHeaven and their general public image after all this, they'd probably want to just lay low with the original skinjob and live out their lives - I do agree using the description skinjob and resurrection hub was a bit foolish, especially considering the lengths they went to, to correct the William Adama continuity errors.

Blood and Chrome is set quiet a few years after this isn't it? so I doubt there's any way for them to continue this story into that.
                Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                I don't think the...

Spoiler:
                Resurrection thing was a cop-out at all. All it shows is that the original creator of the (Caprican) Cylons also created a prototype form of the technology. It doesn't mean the Cylons had it themselves, and if anything, given the way events played out with Zoe at the end, it gives them a reason to want it in the first place. They were already working on the technology when the final 5 showed up, now we know where they originally got the idea from.

And I've only just now gotten the Daniel/#7 connection. Makes a lot of sense, thanks for that flobo!
                It bugs me because
                Spoiler:
                it was such a big deal in BSG that "the Cylons look like us now". That's not really a big deal anymore if it's already happened, is it? And the resurrected suicide bomber daughter of one of the wealthiest men in the Colonies is hardly going to go unnoticed....
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by flobo View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  Also, in the end, since it's been revealed that God's angel are the Lord of Kobols
                  It is?
                  Mia: Don't you hate that?
                  Vincent: Hate what?
                  Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
                  Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
                  Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
                  - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Spoiler:
                    There was an interview a while ago, in which i think they said they had an explanation for the angels, but didn't use it in the show since they felt it was better to leave it a mystery, but would be used in the "final five" comic.
                    That's where it comes from.

There are other interesting things, like starbuck is a "reincarnation" of Pythia and both were vessels for Lord of Kobol Aurora, who "took them over" after their death/resurection in order to guide the fleet to the new home (earth 1 for Aurora in Pythia, new Earth for Aurora in Kara).

Comment

Comics aren't canon though, so it remains unresolved.
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Usually,i would agree, but since it's written by one of the show's writter, and it uses a Moore idea, IMO it makes it much more likely to be the canon story.

Comment

It's been a while since I've read it to be honest, but I do remember it had some glaring continuity error with something in the back half of season 4. Which would suggest non-canon. But like I said, it's been ages and I can't remember so I could be wrong.

Comment

Yes, it's the Anders no being a scientist thing, but i was just speaking about the Lord of Kobol/Angels connection which was said to be an unmentionned main show idea, the rest was probably made up by the comic writer alone.

Comment

agreed.
                              Spoiler:
                              Since that tech didn't come til later by the final 5

Comment

Woooow, hang on a mo, I havent seen the last episodes yet but are we saying that
                                Spoiler:
                                The William in the show isnt the William we know from BSG

How does that tie in with what we know about age/past etc?

Comment

Working...
                                X