Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CliffHanger????

Default Re: CliffHanger????

I'd love to see some tidbits of Caprica in Blood And Chrome, (as in how we got from point A to point B to point C)

Don't throw Caprica out just because it was unpopular in the ratings.
    I'm proud to be an American.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...daowned4gx.gif
    "...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Quote Originally Posted by Ian-S View Post
    Only if you see it that way, they never actually said they didn't exist in BSG, only that (spoilered to avoid spoiling Caprica)

Spoiler:
    Ellen and Co gave the Cylons the resurrection technology, and created their skinjobs, there was never any mention that one skinjob existed on Caprica previous to this, and tbh it's probably not something the Greystone's would broadcast given Zoe's objection to vHeaven and their general public image after all this, they'd probably want to just lay low with the original skinjob and live out their lives - I do agree using the description skinjob and resurrection hub was a bit foolish, especially considering the lengths they went to, to correct the William Adama continuity errors.

Blood and Chrome is set quiet a few years after this isn't it? so I doubt there's any way for them to continue this story into that.
    Quote Originally Posted by SGFerrit View Post
    I don't think the...

Spoiler:
    Resurrection thing was a cop-out at all. All it shows is that the original creator of the (Caprican) Cylons also created a prototype form of the technology. It doesn't mean the Cylons had it themselves, and if anything, given the way events played out with Zoe at the end, it gives them a reason to want it in the first place. They were already working on the technology when the final 5 showed up, now we know where they originally got the idea from.

And I've only just now gotten the Daniel/#7 connection. Makes a lot of sense, thanks for that flobo!
    It bugs me because
    Spoiler:
    it was such a big deal in BSG that "the Cylons look like us now". That's not really a big deal anymore if it's already happened, is it? And the resurrected suicide bomber daughter of one of the wealthiest men in the Colonies is hardly going to go unnoticed....
    "Not every movie is for you. Not every TV show is for you. Not every song is for you. Find the things you like, and like them. Go nuts liking them. A thing ISN’T for you? Cool. Go find something you like. That’s it. That’s as complicated as it should be." -- David Blue

Major

Quote Originally Posted by flobo View Post
    Spoiler:
    Also, in the end, since it's been revealed that God's angel are the Lord of Kobols
    It is?
    Mia: Don't you hate that?
    Vincent: Hate what?
    Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
    Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
    Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
    - Pulp Fiction

Chief Master Sergeant

Spoiler:
    There was an interview a while ago, in which i think they said they had an explanation for the angels, but didn't use it in the show since they felt it was better to leave it a mystery, but would be used in the "final five" comic.
    That's where it comes from.

There are other interesting things, like starbuck is a "reincarnation" of Pythia and both were vessels for Lord of Kobol Aurora, who "took them over" after their death/resurection in order to guide the fleet to the new home (earth 1 for Aurora in Pythia, new Earth for Aurora in Kara).

Comics aren't canon though, so it remains unresolved.
    "Not every movie is for you. Not every TV show is for you. Not every song is for you. Find the things you like, and like them. Go nuts liking them. A thing ISN’T for you? Cool. Go find something you like. That’s it. That’s as complicated as it should be." -- David Blue

Chief Master Sergeant

Usually,i would agree, but since it's written by one of the show's writter, and it uses a Moore idea, IMO it makes it much more likely to be the canon story.

It's been a while since I've read it to be honest, but I do remember it had some glaring continuity error with something in the back half of season 4. Which would suggest non-canon. But like I said, it's been ages and I can't remember so I could be wrong.

Chief Master Sergeant

Yes, it's the Anders no being a scientist thing, but i was just speaking about the Lord of Kobol/Angels connection which was said to be an unmentionned main show idea, the rest was probably made up by the comic writer alone.

agreed.
    Spoiler:
    Since that tech didn't come til later by the final 5

Woooow, hang on a mo, I havent seen the last episodes yet but are we saying that
    Spoiler:
    The William in the show isnt the William we know from BSG

How does that tie in with what we know about age/past etc?

Major

It fits in perfectly - the 'original' William Adama had the continuity wrong (name of his mother, eye colour, stuff like that), but with the 'new' Adama (the BSG one) it all fits.
    Mia: Don't you hate that?
    Vincent: Hate what?
    Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
    Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
    Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
    - Pulp Fiction

Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    It bugs me because
    Spoiler:
    it was such a big deal in BSG that "the Cylons look like us now". That's not really a big deal anymore if it's already happened, is it? And the resurrected suicide bomber daughter of one of the wealthiest men in the Colonies is hardly going to go unnoticed....
    Spoiler:
    We don't know what happens but I would guess that because she would be noticeable, Zoe wouldn't leave the house. Since we aren't getting a second season we can't know what happens unless they touch on this in Blood and Chrome.
    Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela V View Post
    Spoiler:
    We don't know what happens but I would guess that because she would be noticeable, Zoe wouldn't leave the house. Since we aren't getting a second season we can't know what happens unless they touch on this in Blood and Chrome.
    Which I highly doubt will happen. Sadly.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Quote Originally Posted by the fifth man View Post
    Which I highly doubt will happen. Sadly.
    I just hope they don't cancel Blood and Chrome

Quote Originally Posted by hart37 View Post
    Dont hold your breath..

Quote Originally Posted by hart37 View Post
    Syfylis cancels shows like it's going out of style. They're the budget version of FOX.

They're the budget version of FOX.
    Definitely seems that way!

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    Dont hold your breath..
    After what happened to SGU today/yesterday, not exactly sure when the cancellation was announced, sy-fy doesn't have my biggest amount of confidence atm.

First Lieutenant J-Whitt Remastered's Avatar

Syfylis cancels shows like it's going out of style. They're the budget version of FOX.
    Actually FOX keeps some of their shows around for awhile. 24 would be my favorite from FOX.
    "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
    - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Lieutenant General Pharaoh Atem's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J-Whitt Remastered View Post
    Actually FOX keeps some of their shows around for awhile. 24 would be my favorite from FOX.
    24's ratings were double digit so of course it was going to stay awhile