No announcement yet.

What was the rush?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just like you're not supposed to leave your cellphone plugged into the charger too long, maybe Destiny isn't designed to be left "plugged in" to a star after her energy stores are replenished.

I could imagine an explanation where, yes, the energy from the star helps supercharge the shields to keep the ship protected, but the system can't maintain that supercharged state much longer than it takes to fly through the star, before you start blowing out relays or something.

That being said, I also wondered why they couldnt just fly back through the star if the drones attacked again. It seems to be a fairly effective strategy, and even a stalemate is a victory for Destiny as they just needed to buy time.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      Ours didnt activate, only the seed ships.. So maybe theirs don't have as much of a delay need.
      That could very well be, but that doesn't address why Destiny's crew specifically said they were worried about the ship's integrity because it was less than 3 hours since their last jump.

Comment

I think they were more on about the fact they were being piggy backed..

Comment

Working...
        X