This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGU has Turned the Corner

The show has officially turned the corner, in my opinion... and my opinion is very official

With Trial & Error, The Greater Good, Malice and now Resurgence. I don't think I could go on if the show got cancelled.

What do you think? Has the show turned the corner? What could make it better?

I would add a poll, but I don't think I can.
    Yes
    34.52%
    Getting better,but hasn't "turned"
    21.43%
    No
    14.29%
    No corner to turn, SGU has been great all along
    29.76%
    SyFy: "Are you SGU fans done asking for a third season?"
    SGU Fans: "WE'LL NEVER BE DONE!"

SAVE SGU! SGU CAMPAIGNS ARE UNITING AT SG:UNITE!
    ACTION PLAN TO GET SGU SEASON 3!

I have gotten 15 people hooked on SGU. How many more can you get? ‎
    Spoiler:
    *beep*
    Young: "What the hell was that?"
    Eli: "It's Destiny letting us know it finished assembling the simulation. Either that or pi is done."

Its certainly better than it was but that wasn't really hard to do given where it was at.

There is a LOT of room for improvement though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
      Its certainly better than it was but that wasn't really hard to do given where it was at.

There is a LOT of room for improvement though.
      Yeah? What do you think they could do? I found season one entertaining but some of it doesn't look that entertaining anymore after season 2.
      SyFy: "Are you SGU fans done asking for a third season?"
      SGU Fans: "WE'LL NEVER BE DONE!"

SAVE SGU! SGU CAMPAIGNS ARE UNITING AT SG:UNITE!
      ACTION PLAN TO GET SGU SEASON 3!

I have gotten 15 people hooked on SGU. How many more can you get? ‎
      Spoiler:
      *beep*
      Young: "What the hell was that?"
      Eli: "It's Destiny letting us know it finished assembling the simulation. Either that or pi is done."

Comment

I always thought it was on the right track, with the occasional stumbling. It's getting better and better, but I think it's simply building on the serious groundwork already laid down by everything that's happened in season 1 and early season 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Mozzza View Post
          The show has officially turned the corner, in my opinion... and my opinion is very official

With Trial & Error, The Greater Good, Malice and now Resurgence. I don't think I could go on if the show got cancelled.

It has gotten a little better with the last couple of episodes but still has ways to go for me to turn the corner. So yeah SGU got a little better. Just a little.

Comment

I always thought it was on the right track, with the occasional stumbling. It's getting better and better, but I think it's simply building on the serious groundwork already laid down by everything that's happened in season 1 and early season 2.
            considering this is unexplored territory for the writers, yes i think they've been on track. in fact, i believe it can only get better and better, and it's doing that right now. yes there have been homeruns and big misses, but IMO there are certain episodes, be it SG1, SGA, BSG, ST, etc, that some people simply don't like. and while i didn't like a few episodes, i know that i'll never watch Irresistible or Irresponsible. and some SG1 episodes also suck completely. but you don't judge a series by it's misses.

SG1 initially had quite a few misses and it survived that. i think we're in an age where there's been an inflation of Ratings. essentially, every rating is worth more than it was back in the days. especially considering tons of people watch it via other means than TV or just record it.

So yeah SGU got a little better. Just a little.
            even after the powerhouse trio of Malice, Visitation and Resurgence?

Comment

I've always loved this show, and found it exciting, compelling and deep. But the adrenaline rush I experienced in Resurgence (you know where) was amazing, and if they keep that up, sure, I suppose it has turned a corner.

Comment

Its odd, Season 2 feels like a entirely different show compared to Season 1 sometimes. I wish Season 1 was more like Season 2.

Comment

I think it's been great from the start, and the same goes for most of the people I know who watch it. This season has been a step up though, in that I've found it to be even better than the first season.

Resurgence however was a bit of a let-down to me, considering the buildup. I definitely think there have been better episodes. I can't put my finger on why I wouldn't rate this episode along the lines of Air, Light, Time etc... It may have been that the humor felt more forced than it has done in the past, but I'm not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Mozzza View Post

Hmm, at one point it did seem like they had turned a corner, but then came "visitation" and before that "cloverfield" which showed just how bad SGU can be when it at its worst.

The Cliffhanger episode "resurgence" was ok not good but not that bad, because who didn´t expect Chloe to do something bad.

Only thing that would be a huge surprise is that if the producers actually wrote Chole of the show which would be a huge improvment.

Comment

I've been loving it lately.

Comment

Season One and Two feel completely different to me, but I love them both for their own aspects.

Comment

The one who described it as a novel seems the most accurate. Its not that its changed but now that SGU's has its foundation the stories can easily develop.
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

It really has taken it up a notch, the only thing I can fault it on is that there isn't enough planet/gate exploration
                            I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              The one who described it as a novel seems the most accurate. Its not that its changed but now that SGU's has its foundation the stories can easily develop.
                              Mills & Boon?

Comment

Working...
                              X