Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Compared to other mid-season finales.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compared to other mid-season finales.....

Well guys? How do you think this compares to other SG mid-season finales?

had more suspense then season 1

Comment

beats camelot easily
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Definitely one of my favorites. I was literally standing in front of my TV during the last few moments. I was expecting the Seeder to jump to FTL before the credits rolled.
        "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
        - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

It was pretty meh. Whenever it puts the whole ship in "danger" rather then individual characters (besides Chloe,) you know they're all making it out alright.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ Master View Post
            It was pretty meh. Whenever it puts the whole ship in "danger" rather then individual characters (besides Chloe,) you know they're all making it out alright.
            Whenever any series isn't on their Series Finale, you know that everything will be alright.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
              beats camelot easily
              I have to disagree with you. Watching a galactic alliance being ripped to shreds by five ships is much more exciting than watching a bunch of drones attack the Destiny. There was even a nice knight side-story.

One thing's for sure, this sure beats season one's midseason finally.

Comment

rsanchez has the right of it here.

I'd say it beat the Atlantis season 4 mid-season finale as well. TBH I don't remember the season five midseason.

Comment

Originally posted by rsanchez View Post
                  One thing's for sure, this sure beats season one's midseason finally.
                  I have to disagree with you. seeing rush being left behind was quite deserving and epic at the time

Comment

I have to disagree with you. seeing rush being left behind was quite deserving and epic at the time
                    I never saw the point in "leaving rush behind"
                    sigpic
                    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                      I never saw the point in "leaving rush behind"
                      rush was a cancer and was removed from the chess board

Comment

rush was a cancer and was removed from the chess board
                        Ahh, what?
                        He was hardly "removed" at all. more like moved over whilst using another peice.
                        sigpic
                        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

SG has pretty much always had strong (mid-)season finales. This one is not an exception.
                          sigpic

Comment

I have to disagree with you. Watching a galactic alliance being ripped to shreds by five ships is much more exciting than watching a bunch of drones attack the Destiny. There was even a nice knight side-story.
                            four ships. also no i hated the "hatak schmatak" thing. i just KNEW there would be some cheap cop-out for those ships.

cause that's what SG does.

as the invincibility of the opponent increases, so does the lame-ness of the solution.

personally, i'd have taken Destiny, deployed the main weapons, devoted all power to shields and main weapon (ALL POWER), and just shot the command ship to hell. since that also shuts down the drones.

also i'd have the seed ship firing on destiny.

given the hopelessness of the people onboard destiny, i'd say the copout is gonna be relatively lame. i expect a retreat of the Command Ship (to deal with annother threat).

that, OR Chloe sends a signal which shuts them down. this of course will raise questions, especially with the Browns, so they disappear with their prized seed ship

lastly, i think it's kinda satisfying to have a mid-season two-parter which doesn't have individual characters at their own risk

Comment

One of the best cliffhangers of SG... best SGU ep for me.

Goodbye STARGATE & Gateworld

Comment

Working...
                              X