Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eliza Dushku Returning to Television

Eliza Dushku Returning to Television

Having spent plenty of time in the sci/fantasy/horror genre via Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Tru Calling, and Dollhouse, Deadline is reporting that Eliza Dushku is ready to try something a little more down to earth in the TNT pilot, Bird Dog.

Describes Deadline, "Bird Dog is a mystery fashioned around an unlikely partnership of two cops who happen to be father and daughter. It centers on Gail McGrath (Dushku), who followed in her father's footsteps in becoming a police officer but had little else in common with him. She left the big city she had grown up in to move to a small Pacific Northwestern town where she was patrolling the streets until her dad, a NYC cop, showed up on her front doorstep to join her as her new partner. Now this father-daughter team, call sign 'Bird Dog,' is being put to the test -- not only in solving crimes, but with each other."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=25807

sounds like it's worth a look

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13277740719861

sigpic

Comment

Rules for holding down a job on television:
      1) Don't work for FOX.
      2) Don't work with Joss Whedon.
      3) Don't work with Joss Whedon on a FOX series.

Looks like she's learned
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        Rules for holding down a job on television:
        1) Don't work for FOX.
        2) Don't work with Joss Whedon.
        3) Don't work with Joss Whedon on a FOX series.

Looks like she's learned
        Will that sterotype ever end? The other stations are just as prone to cancelling TV series as FOX.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

"Stereotype" implies that it isn't true.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            "Stereotype" implies that it isn't true.
            Actually its the other way around. Stereotypes have some root in truth but they have been twisted and altered that its largely untrue
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              Will that sterotype ever end? The other stations are just as prone to cancelling TV series as FOX.
              Yeah but FOX has cancelled many shows people didn't want to end.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                They needed more blonde, teenage cheerleaders.

I think that's a good point actual. I know it's unfair to blame Fox for the cancellation of shows, they probably have the highest amount of good shows cancelled early.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                  FOX cancelled shows people wanted to stay. Thats a shocker. It never happens on other channels

All TV stations cancel shows for a variety of reasons
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

FOX cancels shows against the ratings trends. They will kill a shows getting good solid numbers, to make way for an experimental show. Totally out of the blue sometimes. Apparently they are keen on holding onto the intellectual property too because I don't think I've ever seen a FOX show that was canceled end up on another network except in syndication.

Comment

Originally posted by Ekras View Post
                      FOX cancels shows against the ratings trends. They will kill a shows getting good solid numbers, to make way for an experimental show. Totally out of the blue sometimes. Apparently they are keen on holding onto the intellectual property too because I don't think I've ever seen a FOX show that was canceled end up on another network except in syndication.
                      Ratings is only one factor to the puzzle of renewal/cancelliation of TV shows and its not just Fox. I get tired of this sterotype because of Firefly
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Ekras View Post
                        Apparently they are keen on holding onto the intellectual property too because I don't think I've ever seen a FOX show that was canceled end up on another network except in syndication.
                        They are. On more than one occasion I've heard of shows developers wanting to, but being able, in approaching another network for the show being continued. The only time it's ever worked was Futurama, which I believe is on Comedy Central now and that's only because of strong DVD sales and syndication ratings. Same thing happened with Family Guy, but Fox kept it for themselves.

sigpic

Comment

It happen SG1, an Medium to.

Comment

Every TV channel cancels shows that fans want to stay, and that even have a following. The shame is that TV channels is not there for the fans, they are there to make money, and if they think they can make more with something else...well then it is the guillotine for whatever show they look at wrong. That being said Fox do have a nasty tendency to chancel allot of good fantasy, horror and science fiction shows, even if they are by no means the only channel that do this.

I normally only watch shows with something paranormal in it, but I like Eliza Dushku as an actress so I might give this new mystery show a try, though I would have preffered her in another science fiction show.

Comment

Originally posted by Hagazussa View Post
                              Every TV channel cancels shows that fans want to stay, and that even have a following. The shame is that TV channels is not there for the fans, they are there to make money, and if they think they can make more with something else...well then it is the guillotine for whatever show they look at wrong. That being said Fox do have a nasty tendency to chancel allot of good fantasy, horror and science fiction shows, even if they are by no means the only channel that do this.

I normally only watch shows with something paranormal in it, but I like Eliza Dushku as an actress so I might give this new mystery show a try, though I would have preffered her in another science fiction show.
                              Mostly because they are the only channel that give science fiction a chance. The other channels dismiss the show before the pilot phase
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                              X