Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lieutenant Colonel

Default Re: Will there be a third movie?

There are plans for both an SG-1 and Atlantis film, but it's been said that the cancellation of Universe nullified the Atlantis film. In all probability, that will be the case for the SG-1 film as well. Speaking of which, there are plenty of threads for discussing the potential Atlantis film, so let's stick with discussing the potential third SG-1 film. As I understand it; there is a script, O'Neill would be the central character, and everyone from the main cast would be involved except for Vala. I hope that includes Mitchell and Landry. As for Vala, she was so central to the final two seasons and both movies, to leave her out just isn't right unless Claudia Black is the one who backed out. At the very least, give Vala a cameo, perhaps a brief scene early on that tells us why she won't be joining SG-1 for whatever adventure the movie is about. That's all moot if there's no movie to be filmed, though. My main concern is that the actors are getting older, and the TV audience may not care by the time this movie happens. SG-1 is a popular show, but it doesn't have mass appeal the way Star Trek or The X Files has.

so will there be a 3rd movie? what's mgm's plan? what's the ptb's plan?

the longer they wait to put out the movie, the better chance it won't succeed like they want...
    sally

How about an Atlantis-SG1 combined movie with all of the core staff of both series together? However, like Star Trek, I'd like to have at least six original crew movies, and in the seventh, the "rod" could be passed on to the Atlantis crew for another four movies. And then, like Abrahams, two SGU movies could wrap it all up for those who liked SGU.

Quote Originally Posted by Anoobis View Post
    How about an Atlantis-SG1 combined movie with all of the core staff of both series together? However, like Star Trek, I'd like to have at least six original crew movies, and in the seventh, the "rod" could be passed on to the Atlantis crew for another four movies. And then, like Abrahams, two SGU movies could wrap it all up for those who liked SGU.
    i love the idea of an sg1/atlantis movie!!

what i think would be cool is an sg1/atlantis movie about the two groups working together to bring the sgu ppl home. the only thing is sgu wouldn't be featured much, just mostly about sg1/atlantis.

and while they're working on this project, they're dealing with their own probs: 1- sg1 is fighting to keep the program secret, 2- atlantis is part of the keep-the-program-secret problem, and they're also dealing with some ppl on atlantis wanting to go home.

this could be a mini series, or a webseries.

i wish... (((stargate)))
    sally

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

If there is another movie at some point, great. But I am not getting my hopes up at this point. I think it has been too long.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Major General

Personally i would much rather an SGU or SGA movie before a third SG1 movie.

Yeah a 3rd SG-1 movie was planned but it got shelved indefinitely.

I love the idea of a SG-1 & Atlantis crossover movie, I find that idea more interesting than another movie solely based on SG-1.

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

Man do I miss Stargate. I am watching Atlantis again, for the first time with my wife, and it is so bittersweet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12