Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lieutenant Colonel

Default Will there be a third movie?

I'm starting to doubt there will be a third movie. MGM's taking too long to get it's act together. Actors move on, get older, sets get torn down, props get auctioned off, and people loose interest. Sometimes, a movie can be made years after the show ended with the same actors from the show. Star Trek: The Motion Picture came out ten years after the show was cancelled. The X Files: I Want to Believe came out six years after the show ended. However, does SG-1 have that kind of mass appeal where people will check out the movie years after the show ended? Continuum came out in July, 2008. It's almost December, 2010; and there's only a script. I'm falling into I don't care territory, because The Ark of Truth and Continuum did a nice job of wrapping up loose ends. Where else is there for SG-1 to go? O'Neill's based in Washington, Carter's got her own ship, Teal'c has probably rejoined the Free Jaffa nation, Hammond died... most of the characters have moved on. It just doesn't feel like there will be a third movie.

Default Re: Will there be a third movie?

I think you are correct. In the interviews on Gateworld I was under the impression that more would be made right away. Even the producers said there'd be 5 more. I haven't seen anything except a show that has low ratings, and loss of fans.

I am disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman37 View Post
    I'm starting to doubt there will be a third movie. MGM's taking too long to get it's act together. Actors move on, get older, sets get torn down, props get auctioned off, and people loose interest. Sometimes, a movie can be made years after the show ended with the same actors from the show. Star Trek: The Motion Picture came out ten years after the show was cancelled. The X Files: I Want to Believe came out six years after the show ended. However, does SG-1 have that kind of mass appeal where people will check out the movie years after the show ended? Continuum came out in July, 2008. It's almost December, 2010; and there's only a script. I'm falling into I don't care territory, because The Ark of Truth and Continuum did a nice job of wrapping up loose ends. Where else is there for SG-1 to go? O'Neill's based in Washington, Carter's got her own ship, Teal'c has probably rejoined the Free Jaffa nation, Hammond died... most of the characters have moved on. It just doesn't feel like there will be a third movie.
    In my humble opinion they haven't wrapped up the Sam/Jack storyline - the only storyline I'm still interested in on SG-1

Quote Originally Posted by siles View Post
    In my humble opinion they haven't wrapped up the Sam/Jack storyline - the only storyline I'm still interested in on SG-1
    thats the story i want to see resolved aswell.

The best written female character on trek ever.

Quote Originally Posted by siles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chrono trigger View Post
    thats the story i want to see resolved aswell.
    me three!!

the main thing i'm worried about now, is the basic audience (not us super fans ) for sg1 has moved on...
    sally

Quote Originally Posted by majorsal View Post
    me three!!

the main thing i'm worried about now, is the basic audience (not us super fans ) for sg1 has moved on...
    they cant have moved on because all of us who watched sg1 fell under its spell and now we are left needing another fix like sad drug addled junkies.

MGM got the Court's seal of approval for their exit from bankruptcy. Here's the part that matters most to us:

From The LA Times:

...MGM will not actually emerge from Chapter 11 until JPMorgan Chase closes a planned $500-million loan facility to fund the new MGM's operations and productions. It is currently being syndicated by the investment bank -- which is itself kicking in $75 million -- and is expected to be funded by mid-December...
    If the movies are going to happen, we should hear about it very soon.

I hope for a third movie.

On the Destiny, preparing to propose to TJ.

Im guessing it will happen.. but I could be wrong.. im pretty sure we'll hear something about it in 2 weeks or sometime in January.

I think i would rather them do what star trek did by making a movie completely different from the show. could be based if the future. something with a little higher budget

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by Replicator Todd View Post
    I hope for a third movie.
    Same here. Just give us one more adventure with SG-1.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

If there will be a new film won't it be Extinction the SGA one? I want a SG-1 film too but Atlantis has more things that need answering. Like what happens to the wraith as a species, will there be a new base in pegasus because leaving it with no earth influence would be hard to believe, whatever happened to the alien race that was suppose to be a major threat from the episode where the alternate reality pegasus showed up?

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

I do want an Atlantis movie to wrap things up a little better. I just want another SG-1 movie more.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by hart37 View Post
    If there will be a new film won't it be Extinction the SGA one? I want a SG-1 film too but Atlantis has more things that need answering. Like what happens to the wraith as a species, will there be a new base in pegasus because leaving it with no earth influence would be hard to believe, whatever happened to the alien race that was suppose to be a major threat from the episode where the alternate reality pegasus showed up?
    I'm guessing that which show 'deserves' it more will be pretty low on the list of priorities. SG-1 has the biggest fanbase, while SGU still has all the actors under contract, sets up and general interest. The SGA movie could well be last on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by the fifth man View Post
    I do want an Atlantis movie to wrap things up a little better. I just want another SG-1 movie more.
    im the same.

First Lieutenant HolyAngelQueenSG-1's Avatar

Yes... we hope it... I love Old SG-1 is back SGR.

Quote Originally Posted by the fifth man View Post
    Well as Atlantis is on Earth now maybe we can have an epic 3 hour long cross over movie. I know I'd sit through it happily

I'm starting to doubt there will be a third movie. MGM's taking too long to get it's act together.
    While it may seem like they are taking too long, a company doesn't just come right out of bankruptcy and go back to business as usual immediately. There are a lot of things for MGM to do in order to get back to producing movies. We may think they are being slow, but they really aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by majorsal View Post
    The basic audience is still there; they just aren't as vocal anymore as us superfans. They've only moved on to real life stuff, and will undoubtedly still be available once the movie is made and released.

Chief Master Sergeant

See recent posts (page 308) in the "Revolution" sticky thread for some information about potential Stargate movies.

First Lieutenant HolyAngelQueenSG-1's Avatar

I got my idea is New Stargate: legend. I remember is: Daniel go to where is New planet very far far far away name is Goldern Uniam. Oma can't tell Old SG-1 team!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast