No announcement yet.

Will there be a third movie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes... we hope it... I love Old SG-1 is back SGR.

~HolyAngelQueenSG-1~

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
      I do want an Atlantis movie to wrap things up a little better. I just want another SG-1 movie more.
      Well as Atlantis is on Earth now maybe we can have an epic 3 hour long cross over movie. I know I'd sit through it happily

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
        I'm starting to doubt there will be a third movie. MGM's taking too long to get it's act together.
        While it may seem like they are taking too long, a company doesn't just come right out of bankruptcy and go back to business as usual immediately. There are a lot of things for MGM to do in order to get back to producing movies. We may think they are being slow, but they really aren't.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
        the main thing i'm worried about now, is the basic audience (not us super fans ) for sg1 has moved on...
        The basic audience is still there; they just aren't as vocal anymore as us superfans. They've only moved on to real life stuff, and will undoubtedly still be available once the movie is made and released.

Comment

See recent posts (page 308) in the "Revolution" sticky thread for some information about potential Stargate movies.

Comment

I got my idea is New Stargate: legend. I remember is: Daniel go to where is New planet very far far far away name is Goldern Uniam. Oma can't tell Old SG-1 team!

~HolyAngelQueenSG-1~

Comment

There are plans for both an SG-1 and Atlantis film, but it's been said that the cancellation of Universe nullified the Atlantis film. In all probability, that will be the case for the SG-1 film as well. Speaking of which, there are plenty of threads for discussing the potential Atlantis film, so let's stick with discussing the potential third SG-1 film. As I understand it; there is a script, O'Neill would be the central character, and everyone from the main cast would be involved except for Vala. I hope that includes Mitchell and Landry. As for Vala, she was so central to the final two seasons and both movies, to leave her out just isn't right unless Claudia Black is the one who backed out. At the very least, give Vala a cameo, perhaps a brief scene early on that tells us why she won't be joining SG-1 for whatever adventure the movie is about. That's all moot if there's no movie to be filmed, though. My main concern is that the actors are getting older, and the TV audience may not care by the time this movie happens. SG-1 is a popular show, but it doesn't have mass appeal the way Star Trek or The X Files has.

Comment

so will there be a 3rd movie? what's mgm's plan? what's the ptb's plan?

the longer they wait to put out the movie, the better chance it won't succeed like they want...
                sally

sigpic

Comment

How about an Atlantis-SG1 combined movie with all of the core staff of both series together? However, like Star Trek, I'd like to have at least six original crew movies, and in the seventh, the "rod" could be passed on to the Atlantis crew for another four movies. And then, like Abrahams, two SGU movies could wrap it all up for those who liked SGU.

Comment

Originally posted by Anoobis View Post
                    How about an Atlantis-SG1 combined movie with all of the core staff of both series together? However, like Star Trek, I'd like to have at least six original crew movies, and in the seventh, the "rod" could be passed on to the Atlantis crew for another four movies. And then, like Abrahams, two SGU movies could wrap it all up for those who liked SGU.
                    i love the idea of an sg1/atlantis movie!!

what i think would be cool is an sg1/atlantis movie about the two groups working together to bring the sgu ppl home. the only thing is sgu wouldn't be featured much, just mostly about sg1/atlantis.

and while they're working on this project, they're dealing with their own probs: 1- sg1 is fighting to keep the program secret, 2- atlantis is part of the keep-the-program-secret problem, and they're also dealing with some ppl on atlantis wanting to go home.

this could be a mini series, or a webseries.

i wish... (((stargate)))
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

If there is another movie at some point, great. But I am not getting my hopes up at this point. I think it has been too long.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Personally i would much rather an SGU or SGA movie before a third SG1 movie.

Comment

Yeah a 3rd SG-1 movie was planned but it got shelved indefinitely.

I love the idea of a SG-1 & Atlantis crossover movie, I find that idea more interesting than another movie solely based on SG-1.

Comment

Man do I miss Stargate. I am watching Atlantis again, for the first time with my wife, and it is so bittersweet.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                            X