Will there be a third movie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will there be a third movie?

I'm starting to doubt there will be a third movie. MGM's taking too long to get it's act together. Actors move on, get older, sets get torn down, props get auctioned off, and people loose interest. Sometimes, a movie can be made years after the show ended with the same actors from the show. Star Trek: The Motion Picture came out ten years after the show was cancelled. The X Files: I Want to Believe came out six years after the show ended. However, does SG-1 have that kind of mass appeal where people will check out the movie years after the show ended? Continuum came out in July, 2008. It's almost December, 2010; and there's only a script. I'm falling into I don't care territory, because The Ark of Truth and Continuum did a nice job of wrapping up loose ends. Where else is there for SG-1 to go? O'Neill's based in Washington, Carter's got her own ship, Teal'c has probably rejoined the Free Jaffa nation, Hammond died... most of the characters have moved on. It just doesn't feel like there will be a third movie.

I think you are correct. In the interviews on Gateworld I was under the impression that more would be made right away. Even the producers said there'd be 5 more. I haven't seen anything except a show that has low ratings, and loss of fans.

I am disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
      I'm starting to doubt there will be a third movie. MGM's taking too long to get it's act together. Actors move on, get older, sets get torn down, props get auctioned off, and people loose interest. Sometimes, a movie can be made years after the show ended with the same actors from the show. Star Trek: The Motion Picture came out ten years after the show was cancelled. The X Files: I Want to Believe came out six years after the show ended. However, does SG-1 have that kind of mass appeal where people will check out the movie years after the show ended? Continuum came out in July, 2008. It's almost December, 2010; and there's only a script. I'm falling into I don't care territory, because The Ark of Truth and Continuum did a nice job of wrapping up loose ends. Where else is there for SG-1 to go? O'Neill's based in Washington, Carter's got her own ship, Teal'c has probably rejoined the Free Jaffa nation, Hammond died... most of the characters have moved on. It just doesn't feel like there will be a third movie.
      In my humble opinion they haven't wrapped up the Sam/Jack storyline - the only storyline I'm still interested in on SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
        In my humble opinion they haven't wrapped up the Sam/Jack storyline - the only storyline I'm still interested in on SG-1
        thats the story i want to see resolved aswell.
        sigpic
        The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
          Originally posted by chrono trigger View Post
          thats the story i want to see resolved aswell.
          me three!!

the main thing i'm worried about now, is the basic audience (not us super fans ) for sg1 has moved on...
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
            me three!!

the main thing i'm worried about now, is the basic audience (not us super fans ) for sg1 has moved on...
            they cant have moved on because all of us who watched sg1 fell under its spell and now we are left needing another fix like sad drug addled junkies.
            sigpic

Comment

MGM got the Court's seal of approval for their exit from bankruptcy. Here's the part that matters most to us:

From The LA Times:

...MGM will not actually emerge from Chapter 11 until JPMorgan Chase closes a planned $500-million loan facility to fund the new MGM's operations and productions. It is currently being syndicated by the investment bank -- which is itself kicking in $75 million -- and is expected to be funded by mid-December...
              If the movies are going to happen, we should hear about it very soon.

Comment

I hope for a third movie.

Comment

Im guessing it will happen.. but I could be wrong.. im pretty sure we'll hear something about it in 2 weeks or sometime in January.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                    I think i would rather them do what star trek did by making a movie completely different from the show. could be based if the future. something with a little higher budget

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                      I hope for a third movie.
                      Same here. Just give us one more adventure with SG-1.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

If there will be a new film won't it be Extinction the SGA one? I want a SG-1 film too but Atlantis has more things that need answering. Like what happens to the wraith as a species, will there be a new base in pegasus because leaving it with no earth influence would be hard to believe, whatever happened to the alien race that was suppose to be a major threat from the episode where the alternate reality pegasus showed up?

Comment

I do want an Atlantis movie to wrap things up a little better. I just want another SG-1 movie more.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by hart37 View Post
                            If there will be a new film won't it be Extinction the SGA one? I want a SG-1 film too but Atlantis has more things that need answering. Like what happens to the wraith as a species, will there be a new base in pegasus because leaving it with no earth influence would be hard to believe, whatever happened to the alien race that was suppose to be a major threat from the episode where the alternate reality pegasus showed up?
                            I'm guessing that which show 'deserves' it more will be pretty low on the list of priorities. SG-1 has the biggest fanbase, while SGU still has all the actors under contract, sets up and general interest. The SGA movie could well be last on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                              I do want an Atlantis movie to wrap things up a little better. I just want another SG-1 movie more.
                              im the same.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X