Why didn't the chair work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why didn't the chair work?

I think the reason the chair didn't work had something to do with the plots of (SG1 "Entity" with the MALP), (SG1 "Seth" with the nishta), (SGA "The Intruder" with the 302's). Anybody have any other ideas?

The chair was never designed to do it. Rush was lying through his teeth
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      I don't think Rush was lying about that part. Rush lied only when he felt it suited his agenda. I see no point of lying about that, especially because they all know that it didn't fix the problem. He was merely trying to help her.

Comment

Originally posted by sgc View Post
        I don't think Rush was lying about that part. Rush lied only when he felt it suited his agenda. I see no point of lying about that, especially because they all know that it didn't fix the problem. He was merely trying to help her.
        The point of Rush's agenda was clearly shown at the end. Using her alien intelligence to solve the bridge
        Jelgate is right

Comment

The point of Rush's agenda was clearly shown at the end. Using her alien intelligence to solve the bridge
          He had already solved the bridge at that point.

Comment

He had already solved the bridge at that point.
            Yes and no. He had found the bridge but he still had trouble using it all.
            Jelgate is right

Comment

I think Rush was lying, it looked like it when he said "of course it was real" in reply to Chloe. Dr. Rush is a little sociopath! Haha.
              SyFy: "Are you SGU fans done asking for a third season?"
              SGU Fans: "WE'LL NEVER BE DONE!"

SAVE SGU! SGU CAMPAIGNS ARE UNITING AT SG:UNITE!
              ACTION PLAN TO GET SGU SEASON 3!

I have gotten 15 people hooked on SGU. How many more can you get? ‎
              Spoiler:
              *beep*
              Young: "What the hell was that?"
              Eli: "It's Destiny letting us know it finished assembling the simulation. Either that or pi is done."

Comment

Agreed. However, I do believe that Rush felt he was acting in the best interest of everybody aboard Destiny. I'm pretty sure that Rush is a decent guy, but that his mom forgot to teach him about lying. I don't think that he was using Chloe to solve Destiny's puzzles. He didn't make it look like she was fine. He didn't attempt to deceive the others when he found out that it didn't help Chloe IIRC.

Comment

Agreed. However, I do believe that Rush felt he was acting in the best interest of everybody aboard Destiny. I'm pretty sure that Rush is a decent guy, but that his mom forgot to teach him about lying. I don't think that he was using Chloe to solve Destiny's puzzles. He didn't make it look like she was fine. He didn't attempt to deceive the others when he found out that it didn't help Chloe IIRC.
                  Yes he did. He kept it a secret as he told Gloria she would help him if she valued her freedom. It was blackmail. All this lying seems more of his best interest then the crew
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

This.

Yeah, I think Rush was lying. He wanted access to what's going on in Chloe's head without having to go to Chloe herself because he couldn;t rely on keeping Chloe quiet forever. I think he wanted access to parts of Chloe and tried to do it via the chair. It was never about healing her (although he would have loved to claim credit if that happened). It was about getting someone other than Franklin and Gloria to work with.
                    sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

I found Rush's chair plan illogical from the start.

According to Rush the chair was designed so that it would destroy any alien stuff sitting in it, so it would scourge the alien part from Chloe.

Sounds like a good plan, right? Well, the illogical part of it to me is that the Ancients made the chair, not humans. To Ancient we're aliens. We might be very similar, but alien nonetheless. If the chair had the capability to do what Rush said it could do, then actually if a human sat in it he would've been killed.

Comment

Originally posted by The Destiny View Post

According to Rush the chair was designed so that it would destroy any alien stuff sitting in it, so it would scourge the alien part from Chloe.

Sounds like a good plan, right? Well, the illogical part of it to me is that the Ancients made the chair, not humans. To Ancient we're aliens. We might be very similar, but alien nonetheless. If the chair had the capability to do what Rush said it could do, then actually if a human sat in it he would've been killed.
                        I thought it was illogical because we didn't know how far it had spread to her on the inside, it could have completely killed her if her cells are changing and not just being added too - and even then that'd be a massive risk.
                        SyFy: "Are you SGU fans done asking for a third season?"
                        SGU Fans: "WE'LL NEVER BE DONE!"

SAVE SGU! SGU CAMPAIGNS ARE UNITING AT SG:UNITE!
                        ACTION PLAN TO GET SGU SEASON 3!

I have gotten 15 people hooked on SGU. How many more can you get? ‎
                        Spoiler:
                        *beep*
                        Young: "What the hell was that?"
                        Eli: "It's Destiny letting us know it finished assembling the simulation. Either that or pi is done."

Comment

Originally posted by The Destiny View Post

We were the second evolution of their form. Humans are the same as the Ancients as far as basic physiology.
                          Last edited by sgc; 29 November 2010, 02:25 PM. Reason: fixed wording

Comment

I think the reason the chair didn't work had something to do with the plots of (SG1 "Entity" with the MALP), (SG1 "Seth" with the nishta), (SGA "The Intruder" with the 302's). Anybody have any other ideas?
                            In what way do you think it was linked to the Nishta or the entity??

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                              In what way do you think it was linked to the Nishta or the entity??
                              Not directly linked, of course, but I meant like how the Nishta had to spread to all the tissue otherwise it would regain a stronghold over the body after electric shock, and how the entity used a malp to survive the system shutdown. The alien organism may have retreated and then came back in Chloe. Just speculating.

Comment

Working...
                              X