This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
    As far as I know there will be also a Kindle version. Unfortunately I've delete the last Fandy-newspaper but I think they will be more and more in ebooks. It's cheaper for them to publish and we as reader don't have trouble when we are from a foreign country.
    Tough luck on those folks who love to stick their noses deep in between the pages of a new/old book and smell it (I have a friend who does that - I kid you not). Turning pages and hearing the paper tear a little when done too hastily. Seeing the books line up on the shelves... If only Gutenberg had known.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Tough luck on those folks who love to stick their noses deep in between the pages of a new/old book and smell it (I have a friend who does that - I kid you not). Turning pages and hearing the paper tear a little when done too hastily. Seeing the books line up on the shelves... If only Gutenberg had known.
      Well, at least you don't know me.
      Actually I own something between 2 and 3,000 books, fiction, non-fiction, a small amount of audio books. The problem is I'm running out of space. I have three wall shelves (over the complete walls), also three cupboards and the box of my old PC full of books I don't want to give away. And the possibility is more about to buy more books then to give books away.
      Plus, I tried several time to order directly from Fandy but - don't know why - never got what I've ordered. So I have to buy via amazon - but some of the novels never were listed there so I have to buy them from expensive sellers. For example: "Death Game" wasn't avaiable via amazon. I tried to order it directly but again the process failed. Finally I ordered the novel via an importer and had to pay 25 Euros. When you look at the price for the kindle-edition of "Death Game" ... that one only costs around 4 - 6 Euros. I'm not a millionair, sorry, I will pay for the cheaper offer.
      BTW, who told you it isn't in Gutenbergs mind to read via a ebook-reader? When I remember right his intention to develop book printing was to make it easier for everyone to read books. An ebook-reader is also a way to read books and it is easy.

But I agree with you. There is no better smell as the smell of a book. And you know what? When I open a book for the first time I always put my nose deep inside of it and inhale. And it's always wonderful!

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
      Sig & Avi by Josi
      sigpic
      LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
      I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Perhaps build book-walls... wouldn't that be like an extra wall to keep the warmth inside the house.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Perhaps build book-walls... wouldn't that be like an extra wall to keep the warmth inside the house.
          For now I would be more than glad if the warmth would go away ... It's terrible hot here, more than 20°C today.

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
          Sig & Avi by Josi
          sigpic
          LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
          I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
            Well, at least you don't know me.
            Actually I own something between 2 and 3,000 books, fiction, non-fiction, a small amount of audio books. The problem is I'm running out of space. I have three wall shelves (over the complete walls), also three cupboards and the box of my old PC full of books I don't want to give away. And the possibility is more about to buy more books then to give books away.
            Plus, I tried several time to order directly from Fandy but - don't know why - never got what I've ordered. So I have to buy via amazon - but some of the novels never were listed there so I have to buy them from expensive sellers. For example: "Death Game" wasn't avaiable via amazon. I tried to order it directly but again the process failed. Finally I ordered the novel via an importer and had to pay 25 Euros. When you look at the price for the kindle-edition of "Death Game" ... that one only costs around 4 - 6 Euros. I'm not a millionair, sorry, I will pay for the cheaper offer.
            BTW, who told you it isn't in Gutenbergs mind to read via a ebook-reader? When I remember right his intention to develop book printing was to make it easier for everyone to read books. An ebook-reader is also a way to read books and it is easy.

But I agree with you. There is no better smell as the smell of a book. And you know what? When I open a book for the first time I always put my nose deep inside of it and inhale. And it's always wonderful!
            2000 - 3000 Books? I envy you right now! I have a collection of around 580. Mostly fiction books, but I'm running out of space - tiny apartment just doesn't cut it. I like having the option to buy some of the stargate book via ebook as well - especially the out of print ones. I just wish they used a more universal format, not exclusively Kindle. I have a Kobo and it doesn't support Kindle format, so I'm stuck reading them on the computer. I also agree with having the physical book over ebook is much better.

In any event, I'm awaiting when the next Legacy series book (and the rest) come out. The Lost left us off in a big cliffhanger - a multi-month long cliffhanger at that. End of November? I think I can do that.
            Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

Originally posted by bookwormjules View Post
              I just wish they used a more universal format, not exclusively Kindle. I have a Kobo and it doesn't support Kindle format, so I'm stuck reading them on the computer. I also agree with having the physical book over ebook is much better.

In any event, I'm awaiting when the next Legacy series book (and the rest) come out. The Lost left us off in a big cliffhanger - a multi-month long cliffhanger at that. End of November? I think I can do that.
              I feel the same way! I've got a Kobo and almost all the books are now on kindle. I've just been to the stargate novels website and Allegiance is available to buy but not yet on any E-reader. I got all the books in paper back but I would really like to have them on my kobo so I can free up some room in my flat and not worry in a few years the books may get damaged by my pet rabbit.
              Janna Galaxy, Queen of The Gods
              The Strongest Will Survive!
              I'll Be The One To Save Us All!

Comment

Allegiance is out! http://www.amazon.com/STARGATE-ATLAN...1484868&sr=8-1
                sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Amazon finally shipped out the 2nd book to me! Though online it still says out of stock. Just glad I got it.
                  Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

I broke down and bought the Kindle for PC version. Couldn't wait for it to be available in print and it takes to long when I order it direct from the publisher.

Comment

I can't get a Kindle or anything like that. It's just not the same experience. I've ordered the print copy and I canne wait for it to get here.
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I got the Kindle for PC and ordered the e-book of Allegiance, couldn't wait till it came out in hard copy, have just finished reading, thoroughly enjoyable. Can't wait for the next book now. Kindle for PC is very easy to use, and very convenient, and I will always have a backup copy of the book, plus I don't have to find somewhere to store it. Though it was a little different from actually reading a hard copy, but hey I like to read Fan fiction, so it wasn't that much different.

My thumbs up for Allegiance, bring on the next book.
                        I came, I saw, I conquered!
                        sigpic
                        We are unique! Created unique!
                        Sevenofnine

Comment

Originally posted by Sevenofnine View Post
                          I got the Kindle for PC and ordered the e-book of Allegiance, couldn't wait till it came out in hard copy, have just finished reading, thoroughly enjoyable. Can't wait for the next book now. Kindle for PC is very easy to use, and very convenient, and I will always have a backup copy of the book, plus I don't have to find somewhere to store it. Though it was a little different from actually reading a hard copy, but hey I like to read Fan fiction, so it wasn't that much different.

My thumbs up for Allegiance, bring on the next book.
                          It's very easy to use, I just don't like reading a book on the computer. But if you want instant gratification and don't have a kindle ereader its the way to go (I believe ipads have a kindle app, so you can read on them as well)

Comment

Does anyone know when it will be available on the Nook or some other form of ebook? I have a Nook plus have gift cards attached as well as the first two books on it and want to keep them on the same e-reader. I had hoped it would be listed today as this was the original release date but don't see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lornefan View Post
                              Does anyone know when it will be available on the Nook or some other form of ebook? I have a Nook plus have gift cards attached as well as the first two books on it and want to keep them on the same e-reader. I had hoped it would be listed today as this was the original release date but don't see it.
                              I think a few Stargate Books are available for Nook, I think for SGA its books 13 - 17.

Comment

I have all the other Atlantis and SG-1 books that are out on the Nook. I am just looking for the new book.

Comment

Working...
                                X