Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well got all the books on Kindle and just finished Homecoming in two days want to review it, but how exactly do I use spoiler tags? It may seem like a stupid question I know.

Comment

[ spoiler ] text [ /spoiler ] make sure they all are up close
      sigpic

Comment

Well I'm on the fourth book now!

Spoiler:
        First off this series is amazing and would've made a great season six. Between everybody getting great moments. Teyla pretending to be a Wraith Queen again! Rodney finally remembering who he is also I wasn't expecting the reverse-Micheal thing to happen to him, but it is pretty interesting. Also even when he didn't remember he still managed to keep Zelenka from getting fed on during the raid on Atlantis. I really hope he manages to steal the ZPM back and get rescued, also Guide/Todd proves to be a great character as well with a good amount of depth which is fun to read as well. Random comment here I also found it oddly funny/interesting that Wraith have game rooms!?

Comment

Glad you are enjoying them i would have loved to have seen them,

Spoiler:
          actually plot and steal Atlantis, that would have been cool, altho, they kinda did do so, in a round about way, kinda like Oceans 11, using subterfuge.

I am also glad they didn't shove Teylas and Johns love in our faces, hate when they do that, for me it can destroy a book

Todd is amazing and so is all about how the Wraith came to be, also a little bit more about their ships, and i agree, weird thinking they play games Altho, lets be honest, Todd plays them all the time
          Last edited by pookey; 05 September 2019, 12:33 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scififan21 View Post
            Well got all the books on Kindle and just finished Homecoming in two days want to review it, but how exactly do I use spoiler tags? It may seem like a stupid question I know.
            You can leave a review on the site where you bought the book. Those are appreciated probably more than if you leave a review here. Or you can leave a review on both places.

Comment

On Book 7 now.

Spoiler:
              Okay the stuff with the Wraith and their origins was great I never was a fan of the Ancients and their attitudes of being superior or at least most of them from when we saw them on the shows. Also great points about letting the past go. Teyla got some true moments too shine in this series, and Rodney did too basically nearly sacrificing himself instead of John which I had a feeling something like that was going to happen. I'm so glad Elizabeth ascended and saved him I would've legitimately been depressed as he has always been my favorite on SGA. At least now everybody can move on and know they can trust him. Ronon though has always been my least favorite and some of his actions have certainly not made me change my opinions, while I understand his reasons didn't mean I didn't want to slap him upside the head. Granted he made the right decision in regards to the weapon at the end, but at the point where it was almost too late and would he have if John hadn't come at that moment?

Family reunion for Todd/Guide was so wonderful too! I actually quite enjoy Alabaster as a character despite only seeing her for a couple of books at this point.

Comment

I read Homecoming years ago, and didn't care for it. Unfortunately there are almost no non-Legacy books available that were published in the last decade. (Also, I read paperbacks, not Kindle books.)

Comment

Originally posted by jyh View Post
                  I read Homecoming years ago, and didn't care for it. Unfortunately there are almost no non-Legacy books available that were published in the last decade. (Also, I read paperbacks, not Kindle books.)
                  You could check out some used book sites. abebooks.com is one of them and has paperbacks available there.

Comment

I have just read SG1 Apocalypse books, there are three, Hostile Ground, Exile and Insurrection, very well written. I am at the moment buying e books, it is a little cheaper, as it can start to be expensive with the way i am getting thro them and at least you are not waiting for them to arrive. I have read all of the Legacy books up to 8 i think that is where they end, pity, it has been a great series.

These are some of the stand alone ones I have read:

From the Depths
                    The Lost Queen
                    Pride of the Genii
                    The Wild Blue
                    Points of Origin
                    Behind Enemy Lines
                    Hall of the Two Truths
                    Moebius Squared
                    The Barque of Heaven
                    I loved them all, but the last one was my favourite, I couldn't stop reading it, and i was sad when it was over. The Points of Origin was a set of stories, not bad actually, better than i expected.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
                      I have just read SG1 Apocalypse books, there are three, Hostile Ground, Exile and Insurrection, very well written. I am at the moment buying e books, it is a little cheaper, as it can start to be expensive with the way i am getting thro them and at least you are not waiting for them to arrive. I have read all of the Legacy books up to 8 i think that is where they end, pity, it has been a great series.

These are some of the stand alone ones I have read:

From the Depths
                      The Lost Queen
                      Pride of the Genii
                      The Wild Blue
                      Points of Origin
                      Behind Enemy Lines
                      Hall of the Two Truths
                      Moebius Squared
                      The Barque of Heaven
                      I loved them all, but the last one was my favourite, I couldn't stop reading it, and i was sad when it was over. The Points of Origin was a set of stories, not bad actually, better than i expected.
                      Well right now it looks as if e-books are the only way to get them, with the exception of From the Depths, The Lost Queen and The Wild Blue which were never released in paperback. I do hope they are at some point because The Lost Queen is part of the Legacy Series. I did just check Amazon and those that still have a paperback version listed only have a few left.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

I did read Homecoming and I thought it was well written, still I do not feel like reading the rest of them, was not my cup of tea all in all

Comment

Great news!

The eNovellas the Wild Blue, Lost Queen, and From the Depths are all now available in print editions.

Comment

I have been naughty and bought a kindle and read all the books apart from Valhalla, I am not a fan of Jonas, could someone who is also not a fan tell me what this one is like please.

The Kindle was the cheaper option, it was costing me a lot of money, altho i do love proper books, i gave in, ive read over 65 of SGA and SG1 books i think it is, all of them were very well written. I loved The Barque of Heaven the best. The Legacy series is amazing, i would recommend it to everyone.
                            sigpic

Comment

I've just started reading this series, and think this is how a storyline in the sixth series may have gone. Really enjoying Homecoming so far, the characters are very well written.

Comment

I started this series a little while ago, can't remember when exactly I started Homecoming, but I've since finished it, and am now currently over half way through book 4 The Furies, and can I just say I'm loving this series. I'm still disappointed that Atlantis finished after S5 and would have loved to have had one more season if not two more. So I was happy to discover this series.

Spoiler:
                                It's good to see Sam back in Atlantis, even if it's only when The Hammond is there, and it's also nice to see Cadman back again, and now a Captain as well. But it's good to see more of Lorne. I wished he'd been in the series more, and while he isn't in this series a great deal either, it's nice to see him pop up now and then. Hopefully he'll be in the other books a bit more.

Also, I'm liking the developing relationship between John and Teyla, and look forward to seeing more of that.

Now on book 7, I only started a few days ago and I'm already halfway through.

I've also recently bought book 1 of the Apocolypse series, so look forward to reeding that.
                                Last edited by Jay Halstead; 11 September 2021, 03:17 PM.
                                sigpic
                                He’s the moon when I’m lost in darkness, and warmth when I shiver in cold

Comment

Working...
                                X