Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Genii have had their fair share of internal problems. Taking a ship called the with that name is especially brazen. Maybe some Genii teens took it for a joyride.

Comment

This thread has been slow lately. Part of the problem for me is the Legacy brand has been diluted and it is hard to tell which books, novellas, and stories are Legacy tie-ins-- or at least live up to Legacy's original foundation of being against genocide and equitable to all Stargate races (i.e., not calling them it, thing, or creature, making up non-canon insults, and killing them all off). Stories which seem to be Legacy are unlabelled and other stories bear Legacy references and I would not call Legacy. The books can't even keep their own continuity straight! Wraith blood was red on the show, but is sometimes green and sometimes black in the books. I don't want to spend my time or money trying to figure it all out, nor give financial support to stories which condone prejudice. That kind of language is unethical, outdated, and out-of-touch with modern audiences. Putting this out here for others who only buy the Legacy books, because I accidentally bought some that were not Legacy and regret it. The magic is gone and I am put off by the books for the moment and afraid to spend time and money on them again.
      Last edited by WraithTech; 30 January 2018, 04:17 AM.

Comment

New Legacy related novella due out soon -

When the aquatic life on Atlantis’s adopted homeworld begins to threaten the city, Colonel Sheppard’s team discovers that the creatures are both intelligent and able to communicate.

Another victim of the Ancient scientist, Janus, the squid-like creatures reveal how they were abducted from their own world millennia ago—and demand Atlantis's help to return home. Eager to assist, Sheppard and his team travel to the creature’s homeworld only to find its indigenous population hostile to the return of their kinsmen. And, to make matters worse, they discover a Genii salvage operation in the ocean that’s not only threatening the creature’s habitat but their very survival.

Facing hostility above and below the water, Weir and Sheppard must negotiate a homecoming for their new friends and peace with the Genii before frayed tempers result in a bloody conflict that could destroy them all…
        First chapter - http://stargatenovels.com/downloads/...ST_CHAPTER.pdf

http://stargatenovels.com/ndetail.php?book=SGX-08

Via the authors about the post-Legacy timeline -

Okay, after talking with Jo and Melissa, here's the official-ish order of the post-Legacy stories (all set after Third Path):

The Wild Blue
        Lost Queen
        From the Depths
        "Worshipper" (in Homeworlds)
        "Mysteries of Emege" (in Homeworlds)
        Pride of the Genii (forthcoming novel)
        https://twitter.com/amygris/status/957791896402882560
        sigpic
        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Interesting list. Thank you. Maybe the other books using Legacy terminology are AUs or something.

Maybe I will try picking up Melissa's forthcoming book, depending on how I feel about the books again by then. I enjoyed her other solo works and might give it a chance again.

Comment

What books are you referring to?

She also posted this...
            https://mobile.twitter.com/amygris/s...94767986941952

Also Legacy-related, but with earlier (or more complicated) settings:

"Consort" (thousands of years ago)
            "Iron Horse" (before the fall of Sateda)
            "A Blade of Atlantis" (Season 1/30 years in the future)

Comment

Most of them, sadly, though the disappointment is sharper when such language appears after the main arc Legacy books had established commonality among various races and had connected the fans. Sad to see that go downhill.

I had really been looking forward to "Pride of the Genii" and the mystery of that whole missing battleship and now I am hesitant. Part of me doesn't want to read any more of the books, if only to keep what fond memories of Legacy I have and had. Some of the memories have already been ruined by two of the more recent official works as it is, as well as a handful of unofficial ones.
              Last edited by WraithTech; 30 January 2018, 04:19 AM.

Comment

Well I don’t think you should let unofficial works (I’m assuming you mean fan fiction) tarnish officially published material.

But I am curious what exactly you are referring to language wise that is bothering you. Maybe try to discuss it here and direct an author here to join in via twitter

Comment

These were officially published materials I had regrettably paid for. I am done here; I just wanted to let Wraith fans know to be careful. What is printed is printed and past and done.

To any lurking Wraith fans, I can give you this tip: Google book titles you are thinking about buying, along with the word "wraith" and Amazon previews often come up with instances of that word highlighted. If there are passages calling them "it," "thing," or "creature," make up non-canon insults such as bad breath, and so forth, then you might want to reconsider.

Edit/update: Well, the "unofficial" stories made me re-examine the list of "official" ones and I am going to let go of reading all the Fandy books. There are too many non-canon, canon-contradictory, and disrespectful things all around.

Also, this is misgendering and violates rules 1 through 3 in the source hierarchy: https://www.gateworld.net/wiki/Stargate_Canon
                  Last edited by WraithTech; 09 May 2018, 03:51 AM.

Comment

Anyone read From the Depths? I'm on Chapter 3 (I'm a slow reader on e-readers) and something made me smile - they talked about the Stargate translation program. This was something I remember from one of the very very first books (before Fandy) and I can't recall if it was ever mentioned by any of Fandy's books?
                    sigpic

Comment

I liked that as well. I think you are right, this is the first Fandemonium novel to mention it

Comment

I finished reading last night. Ended up really enjoying it. A nice fun adventure with a sci-fi twist. Eager for some more novels though!
                        sigpic

Comment

The next Legacy book has been oficially anounced - Pride of the Genii

Pride before a fall…

As guests of Chief Ladon Radim, Colonel Sheppard’s team witness the launch of the Genii’s first starship — Pride of the Genii.

Radim needs the Pride’s first mission to be a success if he’s going to control the hard-line opponents of his treaty with Atlantis. So when the ship disappears, he turns to Atlantis for urgent help. With the Pride out of contact, Sheppard’s team must track her across the Pegasus galaxy, piecing together the events of her ill-fated maiden voyage as they race to find the stricken ship before time runs out for her crew — and for Chief Radim.

But as they navigate vicious Genii politics, mysterious illnesses, and hostile wildlife, the Atlantis team soon find themselves fighting alongside the crew of the Pride — for their survival and for the future of peace with the Genii…
                          June 28th release digitally, print in July.

51veW8JJAlL.jpg
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the news!

Comment

Finally, there's a new novel. I wondering when there would be one. There are two sci-fi fandoms I check for new novels, Stargate (Fandemonium) and Star Trek (Simon & Schuster) and before now there has been no news on new novels from either fandom. It will be a long while before I get to Pride of the Genii since I switch between those fandoms.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

http://stargatenovels.com/ndetail.php?book=SGA-24

The new novel is now available in print. Ordered my copy.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X